What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Conrad Obi and Herrod....

Well, 89-91, I and some friends were at ROCK ISLAND and 23rd street parrish in downtown denver every weekend. We also frequented the deadbeat club and a club inside the tivoli. Great times!

Well, 89-91, I and some friends were at ROCK ISLAND and 23rd street parrish in downtown denver every weekend. We also frequented the deadbeat club and a club inside the tivoli. Great times!

23 Parish was da bomb. I loved that bar. I pretty much hated deadbeat club, but 23 Parish was awesome. Three levels of wonderfulness.

EFEX - Club in Tivoli. Owned by a Buddy of mine. Steel Platt.

The Boiler Room came after in a different part of the Tivoli.

Adirondacks, an upscale restaurant/bar and Mortons used to be in there too back in the day.

ya...my parents and i moved into a brand new house there in 79.....

what is mardi gras? my HS time was in the 90's....i think that was before my time....lol

do you remember 3rd Bridge and the missle silos? :wow::lol:

Mardi Gras was an old 3.2 bar.

they weren't in our league back then. they sucked in every single sport. if you lost to regis, you hung your head in shame and got no dinner.

Things must have changed over the years. We walked on Rangeview in every sport when they joined the Centennial League. (That is where you went, right?)

Things must have changed over the years. We walked on Rangeview in every sport when they joined the Centennial League. (That is where you went, right?)

i was in HS from 90-94. Regis sucked at sports. We weren't the best....but better than Regis.

Mardi Gras, Night Flight, Gold Rush, The one at the Sheridan Greystone Castle. Seems like there were more, as we would hit a different dance club / bar every night when I lived in Denver 85-87, but those were the main ones.

Damn, we hit all the same bars. You left out Bonkers. Went to Thirsty's once and wasn't ever welcomed back.:huh:

So how are Conrad Obi and Marquez Herrod doing? Or better yet how will they do in the upcoming year? That's for you Syko, take control of this ship! Hu-ah?

82-87
Wasn't Mardi Gras on Havana between Illif and Evans? The beer lines tasted of soap, and the 16 oz. cheap plastic cups that split are about as much as I remember about that place.

With the old 3.2 laws, it was perfectly legal for the seniors to go to Pizza Hut for lunch and wash down a personal pan pizza with a cold pitcher of bud light. Man, 5th hour AP English was harsh after one of those working lunches.

I remember an APS summer running camp held at Rangeview's track led by coach Castro. He had us running reps up and down the hill on Mexico Ave and put in some miles beneith those buzzing utility lines.

82-87
Wasn't Mardi Gras on Havana between Illif and Evans? The beer lines tasted of soap, and the 16 oz. cheap plastic cups that split are about as much as I remember about that place.

With the old 3.2 laws, it was perfectly legal for the seniors to go to Pizza Hut for lunch and wash down a personal pan pizza with a cold pitcher of bud light. Man, 5th hour AP English was harsh after one of those working lunches.

I remember an APS summer running camp held at Rangeview's track led by coach Castro. He had us running reps up and down the hill on Mexico Ave and put in some miles beneith those buzzing utility lines.

Evans turned into Iliff at Quebec (Boss Tweeds at the corner for you old guys (South side), America's Bar and Grill (North side) east of Ichabods. Continue east and you run into Havanna and nearby is the Piper Inn and across the street is Caledonia's.

Mardi Gras was on Havanna/Hampden which turned into one another down by Kennedy Golf Course.

Evans turned into Iliff at Quebec (Boss Tweeds at the corner for you old guys (South side), America's Bar and Grill (North side) east of Ichabods. Continue east and you run into Havanna and nearby is the Piper Inn and across the street is Caledonia's.

Mardi Gras was on Havanna/Hampden which turned into one another down by Kennedy Golf Course.

We were on our way back from mardi Gras back in the day in my RX-7 and decided that while going through the contruction zones on I-25 that we should adopt a highway cone. So while going slow through there my freind leaned out and grabbed one to drag in through the window. However, our ability to judge size / ratios was impaired, and the cone was too big for the base to fit in the window, so we were driving by all the construction workers with this big cone hanging half out of the car. They were staring, but no cops came after us, so we finally bent it and got it in and took it home. We were collecting signs of interest at the time as room decorations (just stuff that the 18 year old mind thinks is cool or funny), and missed out on the biggie that we wanted. One of the guys had this huge Bonneville, a real boat, and we drove past the Westminster sign on 104th near where the John Elway Honda place is now (or whatever it is called). We thought that would look cool on the wall, so we stopped and jomped and hung on the sign until we split the post and got the sign down. However, once again, our size / ratio impairment was in full effect and when we put the sign in the back seat of the car, there was still about 4 feet of the sign sticking out with the door wide open. So we had to leave it.:sad1:

We were on our way back from mardi Gras back in the day in my RX-7 and decided that while going through the contruction zones on I-25 that we should adopt a highway cone. So while going slow through there my freind leaned out and grabbed one to drag in through the window. However, our ability to judge size / ratios was impaired, and the cone was too big for the base to fit in the window, so we were driving by all the construction workers with this big cone hanging half out of the car. They were staring, but no cops came after us, so we finally bent it and got it in and took it home. We were collecting signs of interest at the time as room decorations (just stuff that the 18 year old mind thinks is cool or funny), and missed out on the biggie that we wanted. One of the guys had this huge Bonneville, a real boat, and we drove past the Westminster sign on 104th near where the John Elway Honda place is now (or whatever it is called). We thought that would look cool on the wall, so we stopped and jomped and hung on the sign until we split the post and got the sign down. However, once again, our size / ratio impairment was in full effect and when we put the sign in the back seat of the car, there was still about 4 feet of the sign sticking out with the door wide open. So we had to leave it.:sad1:

That's awesome, my buddies and I used to do that as well. We yoinked a golf cart crossing sign from the BCC that I believe is still prominently displayed in the Evans Scholar house at CU. A modest slice of immortality no doubt, but it is my legacy... :thumbsup:

America's is still there...

caldonia's is awesome...but isn't the piper a biker bar?

America's is still there...

caldonia's is awesome...but isn't the piper a biker bar?

Only if you consider doctors, lawyers, software salesmen, real estate and mortgage broker types dressed up in $1,000 harley gear/clothes. Actually the Piper gets all kinds in there except a self-respecting "real biker". Good place to hang.

Best spicy asian/oriental wings in town.

Those cones make for good party beer bongs. Pour 6 or so can's in there and line 'em up

Back