What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cornerback Issue

letsgoavs192

I support systemic racism
So with Ronnie Blackmon gone we have

Abrams
Miller
M. Blackmon
Hudson
Trujillo

That's it. All that is on the roster, and we only know what we are getting with two of those guys.

I assume we are going to have to move Udoffia back to corner?

Abrams
Miller
M. Blackmon
Hudson
Trujillo

That's it. All that is on the roster, and we only know what we are getting with two of those guys.

Udoffia wouldn't be a bad option, also if we can sign the JC Julian and he can play right away it would help a lot.

It is thin but not panic thin yet.

I think Julian is next year right? 2020 class?

Nik had posted that he was a full qualifier out of HS so potentially he could be here this summer and play right away. Nik wasn't sure but it looked like that was a possibility.

Wouldn't those new CBs have to practice against Shenault Jr in practice anyway?

I’m less concerned about the DBs as I am w the DL. For me it all starts up front and we have some guys coming in but untested. Gawd I can’t wait for the season to start.

I’m less concerned about the DBs as I am w the DL. For me it all starts up front and we have some guys coming in but untested. Gawd I can’t wait for the season to start.
2 of the 3 positions are in darn good shape with Lang and Johnson.

We are in deep **** at CB. Even if everyone stays healthy we are in trouble, with an injury or two I don't even know who they put out there.

Add to this the fact that MT likes physical practices, and the potential for injury in the defensive secondary before we even play a game becomes a significant factor.

I won’t say we should look at moving somebody from WR to CB... but maybe we should look at moving somebody from WR to CB. Maybe.

Nik had posted that he was a full qualifier out of HS so potentially he could be here this summer and play right away. Nik wasn't sure but it looked like that was a possibility.
It looks like the sites are correct and his plan is to be a December grad. Got to assume that won't change and he wouldn't be able to get here for 2019.

90-95% chance Tariq Luckett starts his career at CB. May have to hope Oats can learn on the fly too.
Luckett as a CB changes a lot if that happens. He had blue chip offers for that position and it's why he was a 4*. I'd assumed we had landed him because we offered a WR opportunity.

Abrams
Miller
M. Blackmon
Hudson
Trujillo

Davion Taylor will be the nickel corner. The Star position is generally the nickel corner. Still, it’s thin and particularly at the Star position.

There were a lot of years where having Abrams, M. Blackmon and Miller at CB with Udoffia who has starting experience in the wings, would have been considered "loaded" around here.

That's says a lot about our down years. Years where we'd talk about Yuri breaking out!

Our safety situation is more unproven. Outside the Grad transfer who still has to get here, it's all question marks.

Difference is you only have two safeties on the field at most. And we have 3-4 capable guys there. Usually have 3 corners on the field, sometimes four. And we are an injury away from maybe not even having four guys

I dont know how coach tucker deals with guys who put in for a transfer, but its worth pointing out that entering the transfer portal doesnt necessarily mean transferring. Has kevin george, for example, found a new team yet? If not, he might change his mind, especially with wigley and blackmon intending to transfer. Just a thought.

Difference is you only have two safeties on the field at most. And we have 3-4 capable guys there. Usually have 3 corners on the field, sometimes four. And we are an injury away from maybe not even having four guys

Define "capable."

They'd have to grow up in a hurry in practice and also make sure they know where their heads are going or they get tossed from the game.

Hopefully the pass rush is going to be beyond relentless this season.

It is thin but not panic thin yet.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Have some more koolaid.

Injuries; shrinking depth.
Depth; inexperience, players converted to corner, getting burned.
Playing 60minutes; exhaustion mental mistakes injuries.

If I were an opposing OC I’d line up 5 WRs as much as I could and throw the ball all game against CU. By the 4th quarter those 5 guys will be spent.

Last edited:
Really hope they can find a quality grad xsfer or JUCO that is available this Fall to help bolster this position. At least Dline we have bodies coming, even if untested at least there’s a two deep.

Back