What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crazy as it sounds, I think Utah might be the best team in the Pac 12 - South

You mean real teams like Alabama, Cal, Michigan, Oregon and Oregon State, TCU and (yes) even BYU? Those are all very good teams and we've beaten them all.

Meanwhile, you've been beating up on Iowa State and CSU and losing to everyone else in the Big 12.

I like our chances.

You may have beaten all those teams but not in the same year, The Utes may have a rude awakening when it comes to playing the big boys week in and week out.

And talk about hearing the same smack we usually hear, Yes we have been down for a few years but since you like to bring up past BCS games so much, we were hundredths of a point from playing for NC when we played ours... You?

Bohn was quoted today that it would be divided in North and South divisions as are being discussed here

It's not that I'm opposed to it by any means.

I'm just not going to speculate as to potential divisions or scheduling until I hear an official Pac announcement.

I can certainly see a north south divisional series. But is it zippered? What are the plans if we go to 16?

This is going to take a lot of 'Buff fans getting used to.... but you have to realize that when something happens in the Pac, there will be an official announcement. Until then, it is all conjecture. And having said that, the solution will usually be best for the entire conference. I'm still trying to figure out how the Pac is aligning this so the PNW schools don't get bent out of shape.

Mind you, the last two times UW did not play in So Cal were 1990 and 1992 (in the middle of their most recent strong run). So the PNW schools don't necessarily need to play in So Cal yearly. But, they will not be left out of the mix on a regular basis either.

All I've officially heard is that the scheduling will be "revolutionary" in a good way.

North-South, East-West, Zippered or not... nobody knows yet, not even Larry Scott for sure.

It'll be fair and good either way though, of that I'm sure.

Last edited:
You may have beaten all those teams but not in the same year, The Utes may have a rude awakening when it comes to playing the big boys week in and week out.

And talk about hearing the same smack we usually hear, Yes we have been down for a few years but since you like to bring up past BCS games so much, we were hundredths of a point from playing for NC when we played ours... You?

Two BCS games are pretty close to a Mythical National Championship.

Besides, Utah deserved the title in 2004, but got jobbed by the BCS and Cheatin' Pete Carroll.

The parity in the Pac is what has me excited! As much as SC has dominated this conference, there have been 7 different teams go to the Rose bowl from the Pac in the last 20 years. Oregon, USC, Washington, Washington st, Stanford, UCLA and Arizona st. If you want to count BCS berths, you can add Oregon st in there as they went to the Fiesta a few years back. That makes 8 out of 10 different teams with bcs berths the last 20 years.

Compare that to the Big 8/12 the last 20 years and you have 6 teams. Colorado, Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Kansas st.

True, but I think some of that is due to the Big12 having a CG that determines an outright conference winner as opposed to the Pac10 not having that.

Ute-strong! Boo yah!

You sound just like a BYU fan bragging about NCs and Heismans I thought we were getting away from trophy case smack when we left those loosers behind

Someone left their irony detector at home. You have troll written all over you

What I am interested in seeing is if Utah had to agree to any concessions on their admissions policies. There were stories out there that OkieState had to as a price of admission. Are they going to be able to continue feasting on jucos? I was hoping we left that crap behind us with KjucoSU.

Ute fan here.
Appreciate the respect.
We don't know how well we'll do but in Kyle we trust. Coach Whitt will never let the team look beyond the week let alone the year.
One thing we do know, coach Whitt will get our players ready each week.
Looking foward to 2011!

Good luck Buffs!

Go Utes!!

MellowBob? Seriously, that's your handle? How many ****ing weed lovers is the PAC12 going to bring to our board...

True, but I think some of that is due to the Big12 having a CG that determines an outright conference winner as opposed to the Pac10 not having that.

So you're saying teams like Iowa state and Missouri and Texas Tech would have a BCS berth by now if we didn't have a CCG?

Because our BCS game was last year not decades ago and it was with our current coach.

Nobody cares about the past or tradition - all that matters is what have you done for me lately.

I could see why a Utah fan would believe this.

Love the division. Playing USC, and UCLA every year is huge. This will make it much more convenient for CU fans to get to away games. Direct flights from DIA to each place (not sure about Tuscon).

Tucson has direct flights on Southwest. I went to school there. $79 last time I checked.

Because our BCS game was last year not decades ago and it was with our current coach.

Nobody cares about the past or tradition - all that matters is what have you done for me lately.

Yawn. Getting geeked up to play one game a year means squat. Even as pathetic as our HC is, CU has posted recent wins against top 20, even top 5 competition. CU knows what it is like to play in the big leagues. Winning the Mtn. Weenie Div. is as impressive as being the best ballerina in Topeka, KS. UU has a good team, but watch how fast your 11 win squad becomes a 7 win squad. The Pac 10 is gonna run a train on the Yoots for the first few years.

What have we done for you lately? We were the ship the Pac 10 targeted. You are the skiff that rode our wake into the big leagues. You ought to be buying our beers. Without us, and five other real teams taking a pass, you'd still be standing in the corner screaming "Notice me I'm Utah, king of the Mtn. Weenie", and that's right, no one would be listening. Settle down Ute fan.

So you're saying teams like Iowa state and Missouri and Texas Tech would have a BCS berth by now if we didn't have a CCG?

Actually Missouri would for sure had they not played in the 2008 or 09 CCG against OU. They were ranked No. 1 but because they lost to OU, Kansas got lucky and ended up in the Orange bowl.

Utah is good. They are fast, disciplined, and know their system inside and out. I don't think they'll go undefeated, but I can definitely see them winning the division and the league in their first year. They have a helluva better chance at it than CU does. Somebody posted about whether USC's probation would help CU. It will, but it will help Utah a whole lot more. It opens up the door for them to win the whole league.

Underestimate the yoots at your peril. They're good. Very good.

Utah is good. They are fast, disciplined, and know their system inside and out. I don't think they'll go undefeated, but I can definitely see them winning the division and the league in their first year. They have a helluva better chance at it than CU does. Somebody posted about whether USC's probation would help CU. It will, but it will help Utah a whole lot more. It opens up the door for them to win the whole league.

Underestimate the yoots at your peril. They're good. Very good.
sacky, you really believe the yoots could win the pac 10? I don't.

sacky, you really believe the yoots could win the pac 10? I don't.

Sure. Like I said, they'd be my odds-on favorite in the South. USC is ineligible, and everybody else has their own issues to deal with. Utah has it's collective sh*t together better than any other team save for maybe UofA, and I'd still give Utah the edge over UofA. From the North, U-Dub, UO, and Cal are all pretty even, IMO. Utah bitch slapped Cal last year.

Underestimate the yoots at your peril.

Long term, I think the move benefits CU more than anybody else, though. Once we make some investments in facilities and a decent coaching staff, we will be right in the thick of the race for the conference. I truly believe that. But out of the gate, the yoots will be hard to beat. I think a lot of teams will look at them as a MWC refugee. While that's technically correct, this particular MWC refugee has outgrown the MWC and has earned the right to play in the big leagues.

Sure. Like I said, they'd be my odds-on favorite in the South. USC is ineligible, and everybody else has their own issues to deal with. Utah has it's collective sh*t together better than any other team save for maybe UofA, and I'd still give Utah the edge over UofA. From the North, U-Dub, UO, and Cal are all pretty even, IMO. Utah bitch slapped Cal last year.

Underestimate the yoots at your peril.

Long term, I think the move benefits CU more than anybody else, though. Once we make some investments in facilities and a decent coaching staff, we will be right in the thick of the race for the conference. I truly believe that. But out of the gate, the yoots will be hard to beat. I think a lot of teams will look at them as a MWC refugee. While that's technically correct, this particular MWC refugee has outgrown the MWC and has earned the right to play in the big leagues.

OK, I really doubt it. I guess we will see.

OK, I really doubt it. I guess we will see.

Feel free to doubt it. That's why they play the games. But consider this:

1. Alabama 14-0
2. Texas 13-1
3. Florida 13-1
4. Boise St. 14-0
5. Ohio St. 11-2
6. TCU 12-1
7. Iowa 11-2
8. Cincinnati 12-1
9. Penn St. 11-2
10. Virginia Tech 10-3
11. Oregon 10-3
12. BYU 11-2
13. Georgia Tech 11-3
14. Nebraska 10-4
15. Pittsburgh 10-3
16. Wisconsin 10-3
17. LSU 9-4
18. Utah 10-3
19. Miami 9-4
20. Mississippi 9-4
21. Texas Tech 9-4
22. Southern Cal 9-4
23. Cent. Michigan 12-2
24. Clemson 9-5
25. West Virginia 9-4

The only Pac 10 team to finish ranked higher than Utah last year was Oregon. Utah's recruiting isn't going to get worse with this move.

Feel free to doubt it. That's why they play the games. But consider this:

1. Alabama 14-0
2. Texas 13-1
3. Florida 13-1
4. Boise St. 14-0
5. Ohio St. 11-2
6. TCU 12-1
7. Iowa 11-2
8. Cincinnati 12-1
9. Penn St. 11-2
10. Virginia Tech 10-3
11. Oregon 10-3
12. BYU 11-2
13. Georgia Tech 11-3
14. Nebraska 10-4
15. Pittsburgh 10-3
16. Wisconsin 10-3
17. LSU 9-4
18. Utah 10-3
19. Miami 9-4
20. Mississippi 9-4
21. Texas Tech 9-4
22. Southern Cal 9-4
23. Cent. Michigan 12-2
24. Clemson 9-5
25. West Virginia 9-4

The only Pac 10 team to finish ranked higher than Utah last year was Oregon. Utah's recruiting isn't going to get worse with this move.

I agree UU is a good team. But a lot of those 10 W's came against weaklings. Playing 9 games against Pac 10 level competition is quite a bit different than playing one or two games a year against a quality opponent, 2 games against equal foes (BYU, TCU) and eight gimmes against the rest of the MTn. Weenie.

I suspect you'll see UU come crashing back to earth as a 7 to 8 win team at best. I'd say Ore. St. probably has a talent edge over the yoots...It will be interesting.

Back