What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crunch time for the Buffs

This is crunch time for the Buffs, unfortunately it is crunch time for most of the teams. I expect A&M to play tough defense on Burks (key to CU's success). A&M has struggled lately but so has CU. There are no gimme's in Big 12 play so CU will earn any win they get.

CU does play better at home - they need to win some road games to go anywhere that has not been easy in conference.

Well, tonight sucked.

I did catch part of a crawl during the broadcast, though, that I think said that KjSU has suspended Curtis Kelly for a few games again, including Saturday.

Did anybody else see that that can tell me if it said what I thought it said?

Read that on ESPN earlier but yes very disappointing. Should have been a win for CU after the first 15 minutes but aTm made adjustments to just double team Burks/Higgins.

And my friend is trying to tell me CU is still a lock for the tournament in March, and that the Big 12 is better than the Big East.

Read that on ESPN earlier but yes very disappointing. Should have been a win for CU after the first 15 minutes but aTm made adjustments to just double team Burks/Higgins.

And my friend is trying to tell me CU is still a lock for the tournament in March, and that the Big 12 is better than the Big East.

you just gotta shake your head and sigh

We're still in the hunt, despite the on-court decisions. I guess the team got what it wanted because the ags looked like they wanted to give it up in the first half. Letting them hang around...

A lock: Definatly not, but we are not completly out of it, it will just have to take some big heroics to get there.

Big 12 vs. Big East: Its a hard comparison since the Big East has more teams. The bottom of the Big east is way weaker than the bottom of the Big 12 imo, but the top and the middle are probably very comparible. There are just no guaranteed wins in the Big 12, but does that make it stronger, not really.

A lock: Definatly not, but we are not completly out of it, it will just have to take some big heroics to get there.

Big 12 vs. Big East: Its a hard comparison since the Big East has more teams. The bottom of the Big east is way weaker than the bottom of the Big 12 imo, but the top and the middle are probably very comparible. There are just no guaranteed wins in the Big 12, but does that make it stronger, not really.
I don't see a feasible way for CU to get into the tournament unless they win the conference championship, and if they do that, I'll brand CU on my ass.

As far as the Big East being better, yes they have more teams but up until the very bottom, they are all competitive and nearly all of them have a top 25 ranking. The Big 12 has a couple competitive teams, ie Kansas, Texas, Missouri but that's about it. Oh and the Big East has a higher total RPI and the number 1 SOS.

I don't see a feasible way for CU to get into the tournament unless they win the conference championship, and if they do that, I'll brand CU on my ass.

As far as the Big East being better, yes they have more teams but up until the very bottom, they are all competitive and nearly all of them have a top 25 ranking. The Big 12 has a couple competitive teams, ie Kansas, Texas, Missouri but that's about it. Oh and the Big East has a higher total RPI and the number 1 SOS.

I still dont think the Big East is that much better than the Big 12 if you take in to consideration the # of teams. The Big East is almost always overrated, as they are again this year.

As for CU in the tourney, I would say their chances of getting at At-large bid is about the same chances of wining the conference tourney. But there still is a chance all be it a small one. They would likely have to win out, beating KU and Texas, same thing they would probably have to do to win the Tourney.

The stats don't lie. The Big east has a higher RPI and a higher SOS than the Big 10 and the Big 12.

The stats don't lie. The Big east has a higher RPI and a higher SOS than the Big 10 and the Big 12.

Top 5 RPI
1 Kansas
2 Brigham Young
3 Ohio St.
4 Georgetown
5 San Diego St.

Explain those then.

Arguing what conferences are stronger is stupid, unless you want to talk about the SWAC vs. any major conference.

BYU is not a #2 school, SDSU is not a #5 school

So what other way are you going to compare which conference is better? I gave you the SOS, is that useless to?

You can test the strength of a conference and which conference is the best easily. So would you argue that the SEC isn't the best football conference?

Unless everyone plays the same schedule, its all statistics. Granted they make for good debates, but you will never know.

There are no off days in the Big 12. Every team can beat every other team.

It was crunch time for the Buffs, and the Buffs got crunched. The A&M loss is devastating. They'll be fortunate to get an NIT bid now. The A&M loss, the Harvard loss, the OU loss and the USF loss have doomed this season. They needed to win three of those four games to have any legitimate chance of an NCAA bid, barring a conference championship.

Back