What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Game Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the lambs are quite confident, and planning a mutiny!… fück them!

bitch please GIF

Still need to get Shedeur (and hopefully Travis) his numbers, though. Sounds dumb, but keeping SS and TH squarely in the Heisman conversation is going to be key to recruiting a top 10 class, IMO
Sure but starting against Oregon we are going to need a run game to win games and the best chance to have them in the conversation is putting up 10 wins or more and being in the PAC championship game.

We won these past two despite our run game. That won't always be the case when we enter conference play.

I am hopeful though. I did see improvement from game 1 to game 2. Hopefully McCaskill is healthy and playing at a high level for game 4 and our O line continues to improve. If that happens, and the rest of the team continues to play as they have been, things could really get interesting for us.

What have you seen indicating that the OL is close?

I believe the OL as a unit will continue to gel as the season continues. Will the running game simply improve with experience playing together? Will getting McCaskill back help?

Hopefully Wells is good to go.

I also think we have played two very good D lines. The D tackle from TCU, Damonic Williams, is a damn good player.
Of the runs that looked like **** on Saturday, I'd say about 1/3 of them were the RB missing the right hole/read, 1/3 of them were break downs due to 1-2 guys not taking the right path/assignment, and 1/3 were due to knu's front 7 being pretty darn decent. Also, there were about 5-7 ~5 yrs runs that easily could have been explosive plays (20+yds) with 1-2 blockers doing something slightly better or different. If these minor breakdowns don't happen, we are having a much different conversation about the running game. This tells me we are physically capable. These are things that can be improved upon, and are very typical of a new OLine that is learning a new system under a new coach. We will get better as long as we emphasize it....that is what I am looking for (an emphasis on getting better with running the ball)

Still need to get Shedeur (and hopefully Travis) his numbers, though. Sounds dumb, but keeping SS and TH squarely in the Heisman conversation is going to be key to recruiting a top 10 class, IMO

One needs to drop out if we want one to have a realistic shot at winning it.

I think a letdown should be expected. A home game against a team that you should beat by 20+ points after two emotionally charged games is a recipe for letdown. Especially with a trip to Oregon coming up the following week.
On the other hand, our 1st quarter last week was not good. 1st half, not great.
CU should be pumped to come out and give a top full-game performance

On the other hand, our 1st quarter last week was not good. 1st half, not great.
CU should be pumped to come out and give a top full-game performance

That's the hope but I'm expecting another start like the Nebraska game because CSU had their bye week this recent weekend so they had two weeks to prepare for CU. If CU gets off to a fast start, the CSU fans will be gone after halftime.

I expect for Coach Lew and the offense to be pissed off at their unforced errors / penalties, missed assignments and failures to execute on Saturday. The offense is going to come out with a major chip on its shoulder.

Looks like the lambs are quite confident, and planning a mutiny!… fück them!

At the Broncos game yesterday, the halftime entertainment was the CSU marching band. As soon as they announced it at the start of half this guy in front of us started telling the woman next to us that they were "going to destroy Deion, and all the disloyal players would transfer out after being embarrassed."

So, when I came back to the seats after getting a beer right when the marching band was departing the field, I loudly asked my mom,

"They're not bad... did they say this was a local high school band?" She gave me a weird look and said, "No, Colorado State."

I said, "Ohhhhhh.... that school up north. I heard a lot about them lately. That's the Buffaloes, right?" Again, a completely perplexed look: "No.... the Rams?"

I replied, "Oh... hm... So they aren't the football team that is undefeated and has all the hype? Do they have a team to go with the marching band? Is it D2?" At this point, I think she thought I'd had a stroke and was like, "Yeah, they're our rivals...?"

"Oh. Go Buffs!"

The guy in front pretended that he didn't hear.

I mean any perennial MWC doormat can have its day. Someday after 9/16, the Lambies can have theirs…

This is a new thing for me. This must be how a Florida State fan feels when Tennessee-Martin comes up on the schedule, or how an Oklahoma fan feels when Stephen F. Austin rolls into town.

Some of y'all seem to be misinterpreting @Not Sure . I think we WILL have a letdown of a week, BUT even playing down a bit, we'll still win handily in the end. May be close for a half or so. As others have said, we're coming off of two high-energy/ emotion games in a row, going against a team we know we're way more talented than, and also looking ahead to Oregon.

Some of y'all seem to be misinterpreting @Not Sure . I think we WILL have a letdown of a week, BUT even playing down a bit, we'll still win handily in the end. May be close for a half or so. As others have said, we're coming off of two high-energy/ emotion games in a row, going against a team we know we're way more talented than, and also looking ahead to Oregon.
Yeah. This is going to purely be a "go to work" week. Won't have the fire or passion that the previous two did, and nor should it. We still win handily.

The trick is to knock the starter out really late in the game to prevent him from mounting a huge comeback. Be sure you’re up by at least three scores in the fourth quarter before knocking out the starter. Then you’re good.

So, for game planning, I take it we can expect nothing new and it being pretty vanilla from the Buffs offense. Focus on clean play and fixing the little mistakes we've had over the first 2 games. I like the idea of the team going out with a focus on a high-level of execution to help us line up for the rest of the schedule.

From the defense, I'd like to see us play around more with some pressure schemes, this seems like a great game for a little experimentation to see how certain things look in a game situation. Get Cormani some more reps and mix in a few other guys too that are coming along.

The trick is to knock the starter out really late in the game to prevent him from mounting a huge comeback. Be sure you’re up by at least three scores in the fourth quarter before knocking out the starter. Then you’re good.
But this guy is now the starter, not the back up. Will the back up be the old starter, or a mystery player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back