What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU has 5500 tickets available for the game

Who is this Pezman guy?

Shutup you soccer loving Euro :smile2:

Sup Jens. We gotta bump the general college football thread you started on the Mane.

Browneyebuffgirl... what was the first thing your instructions on your digital camera said? DONT FEED ME TO THE DOG. Did the mutt **** megapixels out?
Well, I'll be selling my 1DsMarkII soon so if you are interested, let me know. :thumbsup:

Back on topic, if this game doesnt sell out, perhaps we could start a pregame couch burning contest or some **** just to entertain the student section.
How long is this contract with In*esco again?

I think the game means a lot to a lot of people, actually. But take my Father for example - he simply won't go to the game in Denver. The tickets are part of the season ticket package, but he just gives his away. There's a lot of people like that, I suspect. Hell, look in this very thread and you'll see lammiefusker complaining about the kickoff time. There's lots of factors that go into the fact that the game isn't sold out. Most of it, IMO, has to do with apathy on the part of many CU fans who won't make the trip. To wit - CU has a 55,000 seat stadium and receives an allotment of 40,000 (or so) tickets to the game. CU gets fewer seats to this game than it's own stadium holds. You'd figure that most CU fans who go to the games in Boulder would also want to go to the game in Denver, but that's not the case. Lots of folks simply don't like the atmosphere surrounding the game in Denver, and stay at home to watch the game instead. That doesn't necessarily mean that the game is meaningless.

I still like the game in Denver and will continue to go. It's different. I'm fully aware that I'm solidly in the minority on this issue. We have the same discussion every year.

I will continue to go only because we get so few chances to see the Buffs play each year that I don't want to miss any. That said, I'm firmly in the No Invesco camp...

I just won a couple of tickets through 850 KOA. Section 513 row 20. I don't think I would have gone if I didn't win the tickets though.

On a side note, I got an email through the Alumni Association offering OU tickets for $25!

At the close of business hours Tuesday, CU had a little more than 3,600 tickets remaining for Saturday's game, while CSU had about 4,500. If the game is not sold out (76,125 capacity), it would mark the second consecutive season Invesco Field at Mile High has not been filled for the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

Last season's attendance was 65,701, the lowest in the game's seven-year history in Denver.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/ncaa/article/0,2777,DRMN_23932_5684953,00.html

Again, I wonder, would this game have drawn any more interest if it had been played at a decent goddamned hour? WE DONT LIVE ON THE EAST COAST FOX!

Again, I wonder, would this game have drawn any more interest if it had been played at a decent goddamned hour? WE DONT LIVE ON THE EAST COAST FOX!

Fox doesn't care, they won't have any more viewership if it is sold out or not. The nation sees this as a "who cares" game, neither team has been ranked for a while which translates to no audience.

Fox doesn't care, they won't have any more viewership if it is sold out or not. The nation sees this as a "who cares" game, neither team has been ranked for a while which translates to no audience.

Unfortunately, that's probably true, particularly for this year's game. Both schools are probably thrilled that FSN decided to pick it up at all.

Unless one of the teams finishes ranked in the top 15 I expect this to be a regional telecast next year.

Hawkins will fix that once he gets one or two more classes under his belt. Chris Peterson's a badass, but BSU's been one of my fav teams for the better part of this decade for reasons other than him.

A Q: where should I go to scalp a pair of tics on gameday?

Hawkins will fix that once he gets one or two more classes under his belt. Chris Peterson's a badass, but BSU's been one of my fav teams for the better part of this decade for reasons other than him.

A Q: where should I go to scalp a pair of tics on gameday?

And the West side of the stadium is the CU side and east side is mint jelly side.

How do you like it for Bronco games? I just feel like that stadium has no presence. No atmosphere. Way different than Mile High. MH might have been a dump, but that place really got rocking.

I think a huge contributor to the lame atmosphere for Broncos games is the price of admission these days. The same crowd tht made Mile High rock just isn't there because a lot of them can't afford it. And if they can, they only come for a few games so you never have the same crowd from game to game. Hell, I sell about half of my tickets each season anymore - they shoot up in price each season and we haven't won anything for a while (save for a lucky run in the playoffs in 2005). In 2000 at Mile High our seats were $56/seat/game. Now they are $100/seat/game.

There are many more reasons, but I think that is one that cannot be overlooked.

thanks. are the cops a big presence or is it pretty much anything goes(re: enforcing scalping statutes)?

Anything goes

Sadly, the cops have about a zero worry level of anyone out there scalping tickets for hundreds of dollars over their face value for this game. Plus with tickets still availible, who would pay more than face value for anything not at the 50 yard line in the first couple of rows?

thanks. are the cops a big presence or is it pretty much anything goes(re: enforcing scalping statutes)?

if someone tries to sell you a ticket over face value, you should laugh in their face. Conversely, if you're trying to sell, don't expect anything over face. If you get face value, consider yourself lucky. If you're selling, cruise the tailgate lots. There are always people there who need tickets but don't want to leave their buddies to go find one.

Back