What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU on the Quad #73

Wyoming. Even though I can't stand them. I will almost always pull for the MWC school because I feel OOC wins help improve the overall perception of the conference and thereby benefit CSU.

This is the same reason that I will be pulling hard for BYU this year against Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Wyoming. Even though I can't stand them. I will almost always pull for the MWC school because I feel OOC wins help improve the overall perception of the conference and thereby benefit CSU.

This is the same reason that I will be pulling hard for BYU this year against Oklahoma.
Being loyal to the mwc is like being loyal to a 300 lb girlfriend... Sure it's the right thing to do, but it's just not worth it....

Being loyal to the mwc is like being loyal to a 300 lb girlfriend... Sure it's the right thing to do, but it's just not worth it....

I imagine that many Buffs fans share the same view as I when it comes to the Big 12 North, which is often put down by it's Big 12 South counterparts.

To me, the MWC is basically the Big East minus the t.v. contracts and east coast coverage bias. The product on the field is about the same as are the attendance figures. I find it to be good football and fun to follow.

Although, when you Buffs fans are ready to help me start a campaign to get Iowa State out of the North and CSU in to the North. I will be more than willing to change my tune. :smile2:

Last edited:
I imagine that many Buffs fans share the same view as I when it comes to the Big 12 North, which is often put down by it's Big 12 South counterparts.

To me, the MWC is basically the Big East minus the t.v. contracts, east coast coverage bias. The product on the field is about the same as are the attendance figures. I find it to be good football and fun to follow.

Although, when you Buffs fans are ready to help me start a campaign to get Iowa State out of the North and CSU in to the North. I will be more than willing to change my tune. :smile2:

With the exception of *ebraska, yes. I never want those assholes to win at anything. Not football, not basketball, not tiddlywinks. I don't care who they're playing, I want them to lose.

Once CSU is able to draw 45K+ on a regular basis to its home games, we'll talk about booting ISU. ISU, even though it sucks at football, does bring some respectability to the league in basketball and wrestling. What does CSU offer?

With the exception of *ebraska, yes. I never want those assholes to win at anything. Not football, not basketball, not tiddlywinks. I don't care who they're playing, I want them to lose.

Once CSU is able to draw 45K+ on a regular basis to its home games, we'll talk about booting ISU. ISU, even though it sucks at football, does bring some respectability to the league in basketball and wrestling. What does CSU offer?

My last sentence was mostly for fun and I think we have had this discussion before. CSU would definitely need a larger stadium and attendance draw for football before a move to the North could even be dreamed about. Not likely. Your points about ISU are well taken. There basketball program shows signs of life at times. Far more than CSU ever has. Plus their wrestling program is top notch.

Big East>>>MWC imo

Cincinatti, Pitt, South Florida, West Virginia, Connecticut, and even Rutgers is pretty good. It's a deeper conference with more tradition. Basically all MWC teams lack any decent tradition except for BYU. Doesn't Pitt have 9 national championships?:wow: I'm too lazy to look up attendance statistics but I think they would blow the MWC out of the water too

Last edited:
Big East>>>MWC imo

Cincinatti, Pitt, South Florida, West Virginia, Connecticut, and even Rutgers is pretty good. It's a deeper conference and with more tradition. Basically all MWC teams lack any decent tradition except for BYU. Doesn't Pitt have 9 national championships?:wow: I'm too lazy to look up attendance statistics but I think they would blow the MWC out of the water too

Pitt doesn't have 9 football championships, if that's what your asking. Cincinatti, S Florida, Connecticut and Rutgers are all neuveau riche, and don't have any tradition whatsoever. In reality, only WVA is any good in that conference, and they got beat by the 4th best team in the Big 12 North last year.

I'd put Utah and BYU up against any team in the Big East for both tradition, on-field success, and fan support.

The top of the MWC is better than the top of the Big East, but the middle is probably better in the Big East.

Big East>>>MWC imo

Cincinatti, Pitt, South Florida, West Virginia, Connecticut, and even Rutgers is pretty good. It's a deeper conference with more tradition. Basically all MWC teams lack any decent tradition except for BYU. Doesn't Pitt have 9 national championships?:wow: I'm too lazy to look up attendance statistics but I think they would blow the MWC out of the water too

Not a one to one correlation, but these were the quickest attendance numbers I could come up with:

Big East attendance numbers from 2007:

West Virginia = 60,400
South Florida = 53,170
Rugters = 43,663
Louisville = 39,884
UConn = 38,205
Syracuse = 35,000
Pitt = 33,300
Cincinnati = 30,200

MWC attedance numbers from 2005:

BYU = 58k
Utah = 41k
NM = 38k
SDSU = 36k
AFA = 35k
TCU = 31k
CSU = 29k
Wyo = 20k
UNLV = 19k

Clearly, some of these numbers have changed, but I don't think it is a stretch to compare the two. In fact, I think that BYU was 27th nationally last season in attendance. Higher than any Big East program.

Last edited:
Not a one to one correlation, but these were the quickest attendance numbers I could come up with:

Big East attendance numbers from 2007:

West Virginia = 60,400
South Florida = 53,170
Rugters = 43,663
Louisville = 39,884
UConn = 38,205
Syracuse = 35,000
Pitt = 33,300
Cincinnati = 30,200

MWC attedance numbers from 2005:

BYU = 58k
Utah = 41k
NM = 38k
SDSU = 36k
AFA = 35k
TCU = 31k
CSU = 29k
Wyo = 20k
UNLV = 19k

Clearly, some of these numbers have changed, but I don't think it is a stretch to compare the two. In fact, I think that BYU was 27th nationally last season in attendance. Higher than any Big East program.

And the CSU attendance has been dwindling these last few seasons, as has SDSU and WYO and UNLV are still sucking wind at the gate.

Back