What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

Gonna be a bummer when the power conferences split off and they realize they built this thing for what will essentially be Division II football.

Yep...if they were smart they'd go all in on basketball facilities, but...they aren't.

Props on the stadium I guess. But still stupid to go $100mil in debt over it. Might as well build an on campus stadium for $100mil and just pay it off. The revenue projections barely had them breaking even on the annual loan interest.

The blueprint designates a detox facility on the NE corner of the stadium, close to the dorms.

Those CSU architects get credit for planning ahead.

GASM will more than likely be the first one to get an invitiation to inhabit the detox facility due to the binge he will be on when they not chosen for a power conference.

Gonna be a bummer when the power conferences split off and they realize they built this thing for what will essentially be Division II football.

Their ego/delusions would never let them do it but they should forget about BCS level football, they don't have and won't have the support or the resources to ever compete.

Instead they should build a very nice FCS level on-campus stadium with a capacity of 16-18k and set their sights on being an FCS power which they very realistically could do.

At that level a stadium of that size would mean that when they are winning there would be just enough of a shortage of seats for big games to make tickets desirable and motivate people to buy them to get into the mix.

At 35k plus they will never sell out. Nobody will ever feel the need to buy a season ticket because they will know that they can walk-up and get into any home game they want.

image.jpg
Traditions.. Like celebrating a win over a cross border rival in front of dozens of your fans. Yep, that's a CSU tradition alright.

Will they be doing sidewalks and shrubbery now, or will they save that for a future "upgrade"?

Speaking of which, I'm going to be 'upgrading the stadium' in my backyard on Saturday. I have 4 cubic yards of dirt coming, and we bought some new boxwood shrubs. Should be fun.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be 'upgrading the stadium' in my backyard on Saturday. I have 4 cubic yards of dirt coming, and we bought some new boxwood shrubs. Should be fun.

You be bold, JR.

You should be getting interest from the finest gated communities in town about joining them by Monday...

Laugh now assholes. I've already booked Lady Gaga for September, and I've got some nibbles for family reunions.

Their ego/delusions would never let them do it but they should forget about BCS level football, they don't have and won't have the support or the resources to ever compete.

Instead they should build a very nice FCS level on-campus stadium with a capacity of 16-18k and set their sights on being an FCS power which they very realistically could do.

At that level a stadium of that size would mean that when they are winning there would be just enough of a shortage of seats for big games to make tickets desirable and motivate people to buy them to get into the mix.

At 35k plus they will never sell out. Nobody will ever feel the need to buy a season ticket because they will know that they can walk-up and get into any home game they want.
Unfortunately, this also makes it easy to not by Buffs tickets these days. Bohn selling all tickets remaining game week at a firesale added to it.

Last edited:

If I were you, I would dig a hole and bury that dirt.

Laugh now assholes. I've already booked Lady Gaga for September, and I've got some nibbles for family reunions.

third-nipple.png

Unfortunately, this also makes it easy to not by Buffs tickets these days. Bohn selling all tickets remaining game week at a firesale added to it.

Very true but if they were to win 10 games a year for 3-4 years this would still be the case for them. They couldn't sell out when they were nationally ranked.

CU on the other hand wins 8 games a year for a couple years and get a couple of bowls and we will easily sell out for games against teams like USC and Stanford. We still won't sell out every game but there will be a reason to worry about getting good seats for key games.

Yes they're on the verge of dropping down to being small-time (even smaller than they already are...), but the thing is, even if they were to miraculously build this on-campus stadium it still wouldn't guarantee that they'd become relevant.

Yes they're on the verge of dropping down to being small-time (even smaller than they already are...), but the thing is, even if they were to miraculously build this on-campus stadium it still wouldn't guarantee that they'd become relevant.

Even if they build the stadium and even if they see a substantial boost in attendance it won't be enough to bring them up to the big time.

They should build an on-campus stadium. Something that seats 16-20 thousand and then go on to be a dominant program in FCS.

Even if they build the stadium and even if they see a substantial boost in attendance it won't be enough to bring them up to the big time.

They should build an on-campus stadium. Something that seats 16-20 thousand and then go on to be a dominant program in FCS.

There's part of me that thinks that. Just because the support isn't where it should be. I mean, I look at how CU struggles with raising money and drawing huge crowds for athletics and it's completely out of whack with anywhere in the nation outside of the northeast. So then you have CSU that doesn't have the same conference affiliations, hasn't had much success in its history, and the problem is compounded. By any other measure, CSU is more worthy of competing with the big boys on facilities and whatnot than a good number of current P5 programs. But they just can't get there. Hell, when a number of folks who follow CU question whether it can be a consistent Top 30 program in this day and age it really sheds light on how far away CSU would be when averaging 35k for home games looks like a pipe dream.

Maybe they should avoid all the costs that are coming and look at the future a different way. I don't know.

Back