What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Affiliations, what are yours?

CU Affiliations?

• Total voters
I guess there aren't enough old farts on here to have "Parent of a CU student or grad" in the poll. :lol:

BTW - BHS got assraped by Legacy last Friday 49-0. It's feast or famine with this team. :cry:

1991 State football finals held at Folsom Stadium. Boulder 10, Pomona 9. It's the last time BHS won the state football title.

I really quit following Pomona when I graduated in 84. All I know now is that their current head coach was a real prick as a student.

I had actually turned into a huge CU fan before I went to UCD. I moved to Colorado in 1976 and started following them then.

Graduated 1997. My college choices came down to Tulane or CU, and I have never regretted my decision. I don't know that the Green Wave would have sparked my football interest like the Buffs.

I can also say Go Panthers, but much different high school. :smile2:

Married into a CU family.

In fact when I said Fall wedding my future father-in-law pulled down a calendar circled two dates and said "you guys can get married any time you want. These are the two days I can come." A bye week or KState in 1992.:lol:

Originally from Cali, actually started out at CSewe, but they had a crappy football team so I looked around and saw the Buffs were pretty good so transferred.

Actually after military service decided to stick around in CO and stayed for school.

Native. Dad, brother and sister went to CU. Been going to games in Folsom since I could walk. I would have gone there, too, if CU had a baseball team (I wasn't good enough for a schollie, but would have walked on).

pretty similar story. native....grew up watching CU since i was very little. nobody in my family went to CU...and i would have loved to go there to, but no baseball. like you, if i couldn't get a schollie i would have walked on. locally, i only had offers from regis and du....so i decided to go to a small school in NE....moving there made me and even bigger CU fan. had to rep my home state squad in the belly of the beast.

Graduate from high schools in Lake Oswego Oregon. Chose CU over Oregon, Washington and Virginia (lived in VA until I was 13). When I took my visit to CU in the summer of 84, I was hooked when we stopped at the scenic overlook on 36 right before you drop into Boulder. At that point I knew I was going to be a Buff. Got both my undergrad and graduate degrees from CU.

Born a CU fan in Houston in 1987. Lived as a CU fan in New Orleans, grew up as a CU fan in Denver (Cherry Creek High). Only applied to CU, now current student. Both of my Dad's parents went to CU, my Dad went to CU, my sister went to CU, an uncle and couple cousins also went to CU.

wwm7p1.jpg

exactly and rep to you my friend:smile2:

Born and raised in CO. Older sister went to CU - spent a few nights with her taking medication for my glaucoma.:smokin: Attended CU from 87-91 BA. Now have CU season tix with said sister.

CO Native as well (Mullen H.S.), and graduated from UCB (Business) in 2006. I also met my future Wife there (she graduated in 2007).

I thank my Mom & Dad daily that they moved away from the podunk farms in Iowa & Nebraska so that I didn't grow up being an Irrelevant Idot like the rest of my family (KnU lovers....not necessarily graduates :lol:)!

Poll seems familiar:
CU Alums - Self, Wife, 2 older sisters
Current CU Students - 2 daughters
I also grew up in Colorado (Cherry Creek HS)

Born and raised in Colorado (Grand Junction), graduated in 1999 and haven't missed a home game since I enrolled.

Raised in Hawaii (Punahou - Obama's snotty elite highschool)
CU grad '90 Econ

Married a native (CU '92) then divorced her. She's now back in CO.

I'm often surprised at how many people from Hawaii go to CU. When I went to Boulder I was told that Hawaii sends more students to CU than any other state except CO and CA. Don't know if that is true anymore or not but walking around campus my freshman year I recognized a lot of people from Hawaii.

Grew up a Buff fan. I've (literally) circled the globe, and have lived in fan-crazy places like Northern Virginia/WashDC, SoCal, N-Carolina, Phoenix, Utah, and, yes, Okla. My loyalty will never waver.

I'm a combo... Born and raised, born into it--in my family, you don't have much of a choice, grandfather went here originally--(may or may not have family who are allbuffs members:smile2:), and now a student..
:gobuffs:

I guess Im one of the outliers here in that I have no family legacy at CU nor did I grow up in Colorado...I'm from Pennsylvania originally and went to CU for school (graduated in December)...

Born and raised in Colorado. Have been going to Buffs games since I was five years old. Got my BA in Boulder and am currently attending grad school at UCD.

Colorado Native.

3rd Generation Buff(Dad got his undergrad and grad at CU, Mom got Masters at UCD, Grandma got her undergrad at CU and was recruited by Byron "Whizzer" White when he was attending(no kidding))

CU Alum 2005

Grew up with Dad who worships at the mighty Buffalo altar, first game I attended was the 89 annihalation of Mizzou(if only they all could be that easy!). :smile2:

Last edited:
Back