What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Air Force

Yep. And if putting AFA on the schedule with all those advantages plus getting a national broadcast is outweighed by thinking there's a high likelihood of losing, then I've got news for everyone... the issue is not with the AD scheduling, the issue is with the fvcking team being a fvcking embarrassment.
…and with the AD that can’t fix the fvcking football team

Yep. And if putting AFA on the schedule with all those advantages plus getting a national broadcast is outweighed by thinking there's a high likelihood of losing, then I've got news for everyone... the issue is not with the AD scheduling, the issue is with the fvcking team being a fvcking embarrassment.
CU is scheduling AFA for the same reason that a bunch of P5 schools schedule service academies.

They are schools that draw national attention, not just some backwater local attention like you would get with CSU, Wyoming, or New Mexico. The game has a much higher chance of being seen on TV and the game sells a lot of tickets. Wyoming and CSU have trouble averaging 20k in good years, AFA runs closer to 30k
and will probably top 47k for CU including standing room tickets.
AFA treats their football games like big recruiting events.

Unlike some schools, they take seriously the thought that it's a way to improve your brand and create interest in attending your school - and they even recognize that winning games is important to that mission. So important that they even created, get this, alternative admissions paths for athletes that are good at sports.
Not only do they use it to recruit HS kids but they also use it as a chance to showcase the academy to anyone else visiting. They host multiple US Government officials including congress members each game and lobby for funding, they host defense contractors, potential research partners, and more.

I agree. I believe the Big 12 tried to invite AFA and they decided that P5 level would take them outside the mission of the Academy so declined.

They have said they don't want to make the compromises they would have to make to recruit to compete at that level.

As skibum mentions above they do make some allowances in admissions for athletes but once in those athletes still have to meet the academic requirements of the academy. They do have tutoring available and a few variances do to the schedule football players have (practice, meetings, travel, etc.) but they still have to be able to pass a very difficult academic load along with their other responsibilities as a cadet. My brother was a varsity wrestler and said that practice was the easiest part of his day.

A group of us just decided to forgo the AFA game and do a weekend in Minneapolis for that game. Better town, better people, better tailgating. Likely same outcome. Discussing staying for that MNF game against the Iggles.

A 10 win team that supposedly returns quite a bit, at home? Yeah, AFA is likely going to be 6-7 point favorites, unless CU looks really good opening night vs TCU.

On a side note, what a dumb ****ing idea to schedule a home and home against AFA. Much rather schedule CSU or Wyoming.
They are hard to prepare for. You don't see many teams run the **** they do anymore. Assignment football.

A group of us just decided to forgo the AFA game and do a weekend in Minneapolis for that game. Better town, better people, better tailgating. Likely same outcome. Discussing staying for that MNF game against the Iggles.
better people and town? whatever

Details coming but wanted you to know the Denver Chapter of Forever Buffs is going to be working with DNVR to get buses that will provide round trip transportation, include a ticket and have beverages on the bus for the ride down. Will deliver you to the Alumni Tailgate and bring you back to DNVR after the game.

Still working all of the details but have the tickets and buses confirmed. Will be able to seat 80 between the two buses.

5d7da3dec15af.preview.jpg

Can we make deal here to not totally knob slob this (Air Force) team like we did last time…all the they’re so smart and disciplined, they’re true American heroes, they understand sacrifice better. Ick.

Last edited:
No problemo. That’s a minor request when compared to the sacrifice the AFA gives us everyday thanks to their honor, integrity and discipline.
I’d argue AFA football players are not sacrificing anything more than any other CFB player…except maybe a social life.

Last edited:
After last nights dismal showing, anyone looking to sell a ticket for the Air Force game? We are using our tickets and my father in law decided he would like to join last minute. Best case scenario is to find one in M25 row X… Go Buffs!

Better people?

This option is a nightmare. With the way our D quit on Friday, I doubt they'll keep AF under 500 yards on the ground.

Playing in an option offense, I know one thing. Everybody on our defense better damn well know their job, I mean everybody at all 3 levels. Even then it might not matter. Best chance is to force turnovers and turn them into points. Offense has to give us something. Thing is, who the **** knows who will behind center.

Back