What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Assistant Coach Hiring Thread

RK and Jake have speculated that the list of DC candidates consists of:

Zimmer
Norton Jr
Lovie Smith
Ray Lewis/Ed Reed
Brian Flores
Raheem Morris

They even went as far to as to say they believe Lovie Smith is the odds on favorite at this point but the truly game changing hire would be Ed Reed.

I've seen other articles mention Ron Rivera, Tony Dungy, Brandon Staley.

I'm just at a loss for the mention of some of these names being mentioned as legitimate or "odds on favorite" candidates for seemingly no particular reason.
I'd go with Lovie or Flores from that list. But I honestly doubt we can pull those guys.

Zimmer
Norton Jr
Lovie Smith
Ray Lewis/Ed Reed
Brian Flores
Raheem Morris

They even went as far to as to say they believe Lovie Smith is the odds on favorite at this point but the truly game changing hire would be Ed Reed.

I'm just at a loss for the mention of some of these names being mentioned as legitimate or "odds on favorite" candidates for seemingly no particular reason.
Antonio Pierce should be available soon

Zimmer
Norton Jr
Lovie Smith
Ray Lewis/Ed Reed
Brian Flores
Raheem Morris

I like all these guys named. Even some added below AY's post. I'd like to see Zimmer stay, if not DC as an analyst, so there might be some continuity rather than a complete defensive re-install, if they can avoid that. However, this year I think we have more pieces to run whatever they decide to run. Completely new defenses do have a steep learning curve, but all of these guys are proven on one level or another. Ed Reed would be real interesting, especially if had Zimmer to fall back on smoothing things in. Imagine being recruited to play LB at CU by Ray Lewis?? Norton Jr??

I like the way this D looks to be coming together depth wise. We will add a few more pieces (you can never have too many great Dline, LBs) but I feel it is getting close. I think the talent and depth will be there. You can never forecast injuries, but it will be more like putting the right guy into the right place and just having them play. Also, having an O that just does not get the D stuck on the field for long stretches. That said, I think the improved O should put up enough points.

For both OC and DC, whatever they put in place, I think a key will be using the box above in conjunction with the coach on the field. I thought that was missing last year. Another big factor is game-planning and using the opponents film. If all that comes together, then look out!

Last edited:
Does Alabama's DC retiring affect any of our options here? Gotta imagine they get their pick of anyone available.

Does Alabama's DC retiring affect any of our options here? Gotta imagine they get their pick of anyone available.

I guess it depends on who Coach Prime wants to hire. It it is Mike Zimmer then it seems doubtful to me that Alabama gets him if they want him.

This can't all be coincidental, can it? This had to have been coordinated, even if on an informal social level.

Back