What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Nebraska TONIGHT

We will see what NU has left in the tank after the heartbreaking loss to KU. I am hoping that they left a lot on the court and we come in and run them out of the gym from the beginning. Compare that loss to a CU team that was able to gut out a win after trailing much of the game at home.

I hope Tad had the team pushing the tempo from the start and we get an early lead that breaks their spirit. I think CU is learning to win and is getting stronger mentally which should pay dividends tonight.

Unfortunately the schedule is NOT favorable for the Buffs, but is favorable for OU.

Colorado plays AT Nebraska tonight - then AT OU on Saturday.
OU plays Texas Tech at home tonight - then hosts CU on Saturday.

OU is not very good, but I don't believe CU is "good" either. They are certainly improved - but they need a great effort to win road games. I am concerned that a loss tonight puts a bit of a "downer" attitude on the team. Meanwhile, if OU beats Texas Tech tonight, they will have momentum heading into Saturday's game.

At this point, I think it is more likely that CU goes 2-0 on this road trip, rather than that they split.

CU IS GOOD, and OU is struggling. CU is a better team than OU on the court. Jeff Capel is going to be on the hot seat going into next year, which I think he'll survive, because I do think he's a good coach (biased yes, but he did a good job at VCU). CU is a good team this year - start believing it. They were good just based on talent, and after some bumps, they have gelled to be a quality team.

I think we're losing tonight, but I hope for the best. NU is good this year too. I agree with others - a split this week is great. I think OU is a win, because tonight is a loss. I hope I'm wrong and we win both...tonight will be tough though. We did beat KSU in Manhattan though (which is a great home advantage for the cats).

A split would be fine. Win both and I will be elated. I think the Buffs are 4 point dogs tonight.

It's hard to get a read on Oklahoma just from the results of their previous games. They haven't beaten anyone good, but all of their losses are to pretty good teams for the most part. It also looks like they are starting 3 sophomores and 1 freshman. So I would think they will get better as the year progresses. I haven't seen them play so I have no idea how good or bad they are.

CU IS GOOD, and OU is struggling.

OU is certainly struggling, and CU is off to a nice start. But basketball can certainly be a game of momentum.

A win tonight by CU and they have plenty of confidence going into the Saturday game in Norman. A loss tonight by CU and I worry about their confidence going to Norman.

A loss tonight by OU and they have zero confidence with the Buffs coming to town. A win tonight by OU and they have renewed confidence for CU.

if OU can't beat Tech in Norman, they could go winless in conference. not saying they will, but i don't see OU winning more than 3-4 conference games max. same with Tech. 5 at the absolute most for both teams. these are bad teams. CU in 07 bad. ATM when they went winless under Melvin Wadkins bad. I think Capel will bounce back to NIT respectable in 2012 (they do have some young talent) but I don't think Pat Knight is coaching Tech next year.

if OU can't beat Tech in Norman, they could go winless in conference. not saying they will, but i don't see OU winning more than 3-4 conference games max. same with Tech. 5 at the absolute most for both teams. these are bad teams. CU in 07 bad. ATM when they went winless under Melvin Wadkins bad. I think Capel will bounce back to NIT respectable in 2012 (they do have some young talent) but I don't think Pat Knight is coaching Tech next year.

Nepotism at work, again.

Not worried at all about tonight and am thinking CU wins this by 10. CU is too good of a shooting team and has to many weapons for NU to worry about.

Back