What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Oregon WLax Gameday Thread

Must have missed the reaosn, but why were the refs inspecting someones stick?

I don't know lacrosse that well, but the stick is inspected after EVERY goal to make sure its compliant with the rules.

Per the rules I found (http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/WLC17.pdf), page 15 (Section 2) seems to list the rules for the pocket part of the stick (evidently AKA crosse) as:
"
A crosse meets specifications if:
a. It complies with the criteria in this rule and it meets the Manufacturer’s Specifications as approved by US Lacrosse and listed in Appendix E.
b. The top of the ball remains visible/seen above the top of the wooden or plastic sidewall after the ball has been dropped into the pocket of a
horizontally held crosse and reasonable force with one hand has been applied to the ball one time and released.
c. The ball moves freely within all parts of the head of the stick, both laterally and along its full length.
"

(I feel like I need a nap after reading that.)

I know both the Buffs and their opponents HAVE had goals taken away, so it's NOT just a formality or ritual.

Such an important win. This and the UC Davis road wins are looking pretty good on the resume. Needed a solid road win for RPI.

Loving where this program is under Elliott in year 3. Great coaching today to slow things down in the 2nd half. And then to get that key scoring play designed right out of her 7:01 timeout. She's a damn good coach.

Big win! I love this team!

How could anyone not love this team? Doing this in year 3 with a lone senior who was on the club team her freshman year. To go from club & no budget reserved by Bohn for a program he added along with a 1st time HC many thought was too young... to a potential Top 20 rank and NCAA tourney this fast... it's is a minor miracle. CU WLAX is an amazing story.

Forgot to say- congrats to the players and coaches for setting their win record in a season with #12 today!

The Notre Dame and Northwestern losses are reasonably easy to swallow. I'd sure like to have Stanford and USC back, though.

What's next? Conference tourney? NCAA tourney?

Conference tourney starts next Thursday with Stanford hosting. Top 6 finishers made the tournament, with the top 2 finishers (USC and Stanford) getting 1st round byes. If I'm reading the standings right, Buffs may be getting a quick rematch with the Ducks (the #6 seed) on Thursday. I believe the bracket on the telecast had the winner of that game facing #1 USC in the next round (although I would have thought as the conference #3 seed the Buffs would be facing #2 in the 2nd round?).

Note- USC brought quite a bit of prestige to the conference last week, as they went on the road and beat both Notre Dame and Northwestern.

Last edited:
Conference tourney. Being held at Stanford.

Conference tourney starts next Thursday with Stanford hosting. Top 6 finishers made the tournament, with the top 2 finishers (USC and Stanford) getting 1st round byes. If I'm reading the standings right, Buffs may be getting a quick rematch with the Ducks (the #6 seed) on Thursday. I believe the bracket on the telecast had the winner of that game facing #1 USC in the next round (although I would have thought as the conference #3 seed the Buffs would be facing #2 in the 2nd round?).

Note- USC brought quite a bit of prestige to the conference last week, as they went on the road and beat both Notre Dame and Northwestern.

Thanks and **** Stanford!

Back