What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Fall Camp Notes

RSSBot

News Junkie

Fall Camp Notes

August 1st

… CU in a few minutes …

Fall Camp schedule for August 1st … Players Report (by 7:30 a.m.; administrative meetings, presentations/summer school/dinner, team meeting) …

Eli Manning on his former quarterback coach, Kurt Roper, and Buff quarterback Steven Montez

From CUBuffs.com … Eli Manning, one of five players in NFL history to win multiple Super Bowl MVP awards, has undoubtedly put together a Hall of Fame caliber career as he is now set to enter his 15th season as the quarterback for the New York Giants.

He comes from the highest pedigree of any quarterbacking family the NFL has seen. He has also been fortunate throughout his career to learn from a number of high quality coaches that aided in his development and led to his stardom.

One of those coaches is now on the University of Colorado staff; quarterbacks coach Kurt Roper. Roper was his quarterbacks coach in college at Ole Miss.

The New York Giants were kind enough to throw CU an assist in coordinating an interview with Eli Manning, and being the gentleman he is, was gracious enough to lend Colorado football fans his insight and knowledge.

Here is what Eli had to say about Kurt Roper as well as his recollections of current CU quarterback Steven Montez, who attended the Manning Family Passing Academy this summer.

Continue reading story here

Second-year defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot: “I like to think that I improve as a coordinator every year”

From the Daily Camera … Driving down a mountain road while returning from a summer getaway with the family, Colorado defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot spoke with a little more confidence than he did a year ago.

One year into his job of running the Buffaloes’ defense, Eliot’s comfortable in Boulder and more familiar with the players he has to work with this fall.

“I feel better than last year,” Eliot said. “We have a group of guys that got a lot of experience last year and I think we have a lot of talented guys who are either newcomers because they’re junior college guys or because they redshirted last year.”

Quite often, there is an emphasis on players getting better from year to year, but coaches do too, and Eliot’s progress in his second year with the Buffaloes could be crucial for the defense.

“I like to think I get better every year,” he said. “I like to think that I improve as a coordinator every year, and every year you have different challenges.”

Continue reading story here

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back