What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

How do we get ‘the next new offensive scheme’? Every scheme discussed has had its heyday, and defenses caught up and figured out the flaws and how to slow them down. RPO is moving in that direction, too.
How do we become Oregon when Chip moved to video game speeds? At least, it was fun and inspired recruits.
Sure, it’s a pipe-dream. I also agree NO WCO!
IMHO scheme doesn't matter if you have great athletes. With that being said Im no fan of the WCO. Buffs need to learn to throw the ball downfield quickly.

Respectfully, I don’t see that as a drawback. If we get to a point where our coordinators are being promoted, that is great for the program.
Exactly. KD just needs to get out of the way, let him bring in the right people and establish a coherent succession plan.

And no, I don’t think I’m getting out over my skis. This guy is a rising star. If we can pull him it would be a hell of a splash. No reason he won’t continue his rise.

We are a crap program. Perfect fit.

I’m actually serious. What is attractive about this guy as a P5 OC next season? I have read that bio several times, squinted, used one eye, but cannot find the secret code to explaing what this guy has to offer.

One year as a P5 WR coach. That is a crap resume for stepping into a P5 coordinator job running a gimmick offense.
He has been mentioned with other OC openings at P5 schools and a few G5 head coaching lists. For example, he was thrown on the list for the Fresno State job in the link below. Granted, that doesn’t mean much, and certainly doesn’t guarantee he’d be good as an OC, but it does show that there is smoke around him moving up the ranks. Personally, I’d rather roll the dice with an up and comer than a retread. CU is playing with house money at this point.

Back