What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

There is also no real reason to withhold an announcement of "Danny Langsford has been promoted to OC", so the longer this takes, the more unlikely it is that's the direction.
...unless they whiff on their other choices. With the shake up at TCU, I would love to see Meacham here.

There is also no real reason to withhold an announcement of "Danny Langsford has been promoted to OC", so the longer this takes, the more unlikely it is that's the direction.
“After an exhaustive national search where we interviewed several qualified candidates over a 3-month period, we are pleased to announce the promotion of Danny Langsdorf as offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado.”

I’d give it 50/50.

Should probably hire an experienced O line coach to get this offense on track. Gotta rebuild the foundation before talking about carpet and drapes.

“After an exhaustive national search where we interviewed several qualified candidates over a 3-month period, we are pleased to announce the promotion of Danny Langsdorf as offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado.”

I’d give it 50/50.
No joke if this happens I’m done. I won’t be able to take this, I just can’t.

Sowder, Mumme, Wristen - in that order. Wristen is an intriguing name that I hadn’t considered. Probably a little too old for the job at this point. We could do a lot worse, though. Most of the names on that list would be a lot worse.

I’d give it 50/50.
Oh- no.

WAYYYYYY better than 50/50 odds on that.

That's exactly what's happening.

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I just read the link that @WarBuff posted- like @The Alabaster Yak with his Grizzard joke, I posted Troy Walters as a joke elsewhere in this thread like a week and a half ago. If that's where we end up- yikes. Honestly I could get on board with about half those guys, though.

Last edited:
Helfrich would get me excited
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Mmmmmm wondering if this is an “in the know” list or a “Howell reads the message boards for names + past Buff ties” list.
Or if they are after someone else and trying to throw off other programs. Hard to determine after the last few years.

Mmmmmm wondering if this is an “in the know” list or a “Howell reads the message boards for names + past Buff ties” list.
exactly what I was thinking, lots of KD connects, but that is how this crazy world works.

If Dorrell hires from his NFL network we can forget about the program remaining in a tailspin because it’ll speed directly into the Sun.

Just imagine recruiting being even worse than it is now.

Mike Bohn used to put out a lot of trial balloons in the press to gauge fan reaction. I’m wondering if there’s a little of that kind of thing going on here.

Mike Bohn used to put out a lot of trial balloons in the press to gauge fan reaction. I’m wondering if there’s a little of that kind of thing going on here.

Why would Mike Bohn take the time to float trial balloons on the CU OC job? He has his hands full elsewhere.

If you're narrowing your list based on fan reaction, you're a complete ****ing moron, 100% unfit to make the hire, and should resign from any decision-making position post haste.
If that’s what they’re doing, it’s not to narrow the list. It’s that the guy they want is on that list and they want to see if that will piss off the masses. Langsdorf is on that list.

I posted Josh Grizzard as a joke a week ago... This is some seriously depressing ****, outside of a couple guys on that list
If Jeff Tedford is actually healthy enough to coach, and would be willing to work for Karl Dorrell, that would make me happy.

If its Langsdorf or that guy from Syracuse I will consider starting a Maoist insurgency against Rick George and his lackeys.

Back