What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

Sowder and Mumme are the only two intriguing names on Howell's list.

Wristen is only good if you want to promote from within when you fire KD after next season. (There's so much wrong with that plan, but it's CU, so...)

Sowder
Mumme
Tedford
Wristen
Kap

in that order for me
None of the above for me. It's a weak list of 10. A bunch of 60 year old guys past their prime and younger failures. The only bright spot is the OC from Kent State, and he does not have experience at this level. Burn that list and start over. If Dorrell chooses the guy who replaced him in Miami as WR coach, I'm moving to Hawaii and will root for that squad. I thought RG said a splash hire, not fat old guys who create a big splash in the pool.

Tedford would be hard to argue with. Instant credibility in CA. Elite QB Coach. KD would be incredibly comfortable with his offensive system. Someone who has the gravitas that would force everyone at CU to listen to him.
Give me four reasons Tedford will not be the choice.

Agreed, but he's still an upgrade.
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Almost certainly signifying nothing, but noticed KD now appears to be following/followed by Brennan Marion (Pitt WR coach). I believe someone here suggested this guy as a possibility for OC with his ”GoGo offense” he developed at some smaller schools earlier in his career. Really young guy, so this might be too big of a leap for him, but he’s seemingly regarded as an up and comer.

Almost certainly signifying nothing, but noticed KD now appears to be following/followed by Brennan Marion (Pitt WR coach). I believe someone here suggested this guy as a possibility for OC with his ”GoGo offense” he developed at some smaller schools earlier in his career. Really young guy, so this might be too big of a leap for him, but he’s seemingly regarded as an up and comer.
Marion is a high energy guy who is also one of the better young offensive minds around. If he doesn't get the Temple HC job, I think we'd be pretty happy if we landed him as OC. He could coach QB or WR.

Back