What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs to play FCS teams next 2 years

That statement is so overused when it comes to scheduling. Schedule easy OOC games, roll into conference play 3-0 or 2-1 worst case scenario, and only have to go 3-6 the rest of the way. We need to buy out the Fresno game and schedule another home game, like New Mexico or UAB or FAU or Idaho or New Mexico State or North Texas.

That statement is so overused when it comes to scheduling. Schedule easy OOC games, roll into conference play 3-0 or 2-1 worst case scenario, and only have to go 3-6 the rest of the way. We need to buy out the Fresno game and schedule another home game, like New Mexico or UAB or FAU or Idaho or New Mexico State or North Texas.

I could live with ditching Fresno, but not with a buy-out.

If CU plays UNT or UAB or FAU, they either need to be one-and-done or Two-for-One. And I don't savor playing any of those three schools in early September on the road when it's 100 degrees and humid.

We should never travel to one of those schools. It'd have to be a one and done and we'd have to buy out the Fresno game.

We should never travel to one of those schools. It'd have to be a one and done and we'd have to buy out the Fresno game.

A one-and-done completely defeats the recruiting benefit of scheduling teams from Texas, Florida, or other talent rich states.

Did you think this through?

A one-and-done completely defeats the recruiting benefit of scheduling teams from Texas, Florida, or other talent rich states.

Did you think this through?
How many other teams play a home and home with UAB, FAU, FIU or any other school I listed?

How many other teams play a home and home with UAB, FAU, FIU or any other school I listed?

That's not the right question. And I'm sure you could figure it out if you really wanted the answer.

These schools are going to play a one-and-done with the schools that can offer them the most money. CU is not going to outspend the SEC or B12 schools for patsies.

Your list appears arbitrary. Did you pick the TX-FL schools for recruiting, or because of some other factor.

Why not throw in Troy, South Dakota State, and Weber State, too?

Just grabbed the names off of the top of my head. It doesn't matter who the school is if it's a Sun Belt, low level WAC, etc, you just don't do home in home or two for ones. We don't need exposure in California anymore. North Texas is an option at this point, not a home and home though. Wouldn't hurt to get exposure in Louisiana so maybe Louisiana Tech. There's just no reason to do a home and home with a team who averages 14,000 people. Do home and home with BCS teams or Hawaii, teams like that, not North Texas, FAU, etc.

don't cry when Folsom has 30k fans to watch us play ITT.

Not likely to be a sellout but I don't think that attendance will be that bad for these games. As was mentioned elsewhere it will be early in the season with nice weather. Students will be early in the semester so the freshman will still be interested in going to a game just to go, the upperclassmen won't be as wrapped up in study and and the other parts of life. For others the idea of going to see a win is appealling no matter who we play.

This is also a good game to schedule a promotional weekend and you will get a pretty full house, parent weekend, a band weekend, etc. and you get a reasonable house.

Win the CSU game and this one and you get a positive feeling for the team and it is easier to sell tickets for future games.

With the lower guarantee payout to the opponent CU still makes decent money and gets a good start on the season.

Bitching out of playing Fresno state would be a major bitch move. We should pummel their asses

There is a big problem with that. It has been a point of pride that we play better competition than those clowns (at least for me). That is how things have been done and I think it is a sign of a (real) class program. We play the best to be the best kinda thing.

One problem, when you keep losing to these teams, it doesn't mean jack squat.

I'm glad for the schedule next year. We need a bowl game in the worst possible way. Get to a bowl and the staff can point to real improvement. We will recruit well It will help get us back on track. I have always been a defender of our scheduling but with where we are as a program along with nine conf games along with the massive tv deal, this makes a ton of sense. Let's reload and then go after lsu and other majors.

I don't get this LSU infatuation. We'd be playing them in 2014 and 2015 and they are a very, very young team with a very, very good defense and are very, very fast. Might as well just strap us into the electric chair.

I don't get this LSU infatuation. We'd be playing them in 2014 and 2015 and they are a very, very young team with a very, very good defense and are very, very fast. Might as well just strap us into the electric chair.

To be the best you have to beat the best. CU played the toughest sched in the country when it won the nc. We need to aspire to be elite again after we do some rebuilding.

This is the opinion of someone who has NEVER attended a CU game outside of the state of Colorado.

This is the opinion of someone who has NEVER attended a CU game outside of the state of Colorado.
I would much, much rather see us win at home than go get killed in Louisiana but be able to say that I saw Death Valley.

Sorry but winning should be the biggest priority, not where we get to travel.

Winning is a factor of players not making stupid mistakes.

CU penalized themselves out of victories. Their special teams have given opponents great starting positions. The inability for Hansen and his receivers to convert on third downs is an execution problem.

Your focus on scheduling is misguided. The focus should be on CU playing good football and having players who step up and find a way to win.

You want to pussify the schedule. That does not strengthen a program.

I'd rather watch CU beat a BCS team on the road than see them loose to a cupcake at home.

Back