What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs Viewership Watch

Utah played an SEC team, a B12 team, a bodybag game at home, and a division foe.

All but the bodybag game were picked up by national TV. The most viewers they got was for the SEC matchup: 3.19M viewers. Two weeks later, Florida played Tennessee to 5.31M viewers. That Utah/Florida game was pretty much the kickoff of the major college football season, and was directly head to head with nubs/Minnesota, which outdrew the Utah game by ~300K viewers.

Also that week, Rice/Texas and Oregon State/SJSU (lol) was viewed by more people than Utah/Florida.

Here are some teams that have played in a game which had more viewers than Utah/Florida:

• Boston College
  • USF
  • Mississippi
  • Iowa State
  • CSU
  • Indiana
  • Duke
  • SJSU
  • Rice
  • Oregon State (twice!)

Last edited:
Comparison to other games:

View attachment 65381

If my math is right, NATIONWIDE it's pretty tight between OSU, Notre Dame, FSU, and Alabama for the #2 spot- they're all around 18M, or just about HALF the viewers CU has had. CU is lapping the field.
UPDATE:

Colorado AGAIN topped the charts this week with 7.24M viewers:
1696361006745.png

To update the Sports Out West tweet from earlier in the thread,

• CU remains #1 at 42.59M viewers
  • Oregon is still #2 at 12.58M viewers
  • CSU is still#3 at 9.3M
  • Utah is #4 and the top west team that hasn't played CU at 7.10M (or just under what CU got for this game last Saturday)

Why doesn't the P12 Network just call up the CW or someone and sell the CU games to someone?

If the P12 is planning to say get 2M viewers tops, and make say $X, then sell the game to another network for that price and then off we go, back up to about 5-6M

The reason the P12 is gone is so blatantly obvious that it is not funny, it is sad

Why doesn't the P12 Network just call up the CW or someone and sell the CU games to someone?

If the P12 is planning to say get 2M viewers tops, and make say $X, then sell the game to another network for that price and then off we go, back up to about 5-6M

The reason the P12 is gone is so blatantly obvious that it is not funny, it is sad
I dont think their carriage agreements would allow that, but I could be wrong.

Without knowing how those contracts all work, I would think the Pac 12 would be trying to sell all of their inventory that has a market with the other networks in order to turn as much of a profit as possible in their last year.

If the PAC12 had a vision of how to make a profit it would not be the future Pac2
Yep. Should have sold 50% to FOX or ESPN which was offered (similar to B1G Network). That would have been cash to the conference, not having to build & manage production studios, and cable carriage similar to BTN & SECN across all platforms nationwide. But PAC-12 presidents bought into the Larry Scott vision of the conference doing it all itself with 100% ownership, thinking that the content was so desirable that they'd have no distribution challenges and be able, make a fortune, and if they decided to sell after it was built that they'd get a super premium offer out of a bidding war among global media companies.

TLDR version: Pac-12 arrogance + delusion + incompetent grifter Commissioner = terrible business decision which killed an elite conference.

TLDR2 version: Pac-12 got high on the smell of its own farts and learned too late that breathing that gas was fatal.

Guess it's time to sign up for the P12 network for the last time. Basketball means I will be keeping it through March.
@CUAviator or anyone else doing the Fubo 7 day free trial for this weekend? Looks like P12N is part of a sports add on (Sports Plus). Can I just get the basic “Pro” package and add the Sports Plus, or do I need to sign up for “Ultimate” because it looks like the Sports Plus is included with that package?

@CUAviator or anyone else doing the Fubo 7 day free trial for this weekend? Looks like P12N is part of a sports add on (Sports Plus). Can I just get the basic “Pro” package and add the Sports Plus, or do I need to sign up for “Ultimate” because it looks like the Sports Plus is included with that package?
PRO + Regional Sports (+$13), includes Altitude

I have pro + sport plus and get all of the Pac channels.

Edit: too slow. Altitude will be just for colorado. You would get whatever regional channels where you live

According to this

Looks like whatever this package is has the P12N

Yep. Should have sold 50% to FOX or ESPN which was offered (similar to B1G Network). That would have been cash to the conference, not having to build & manage production studios, and cable carriage similar to BTN & SECN across all platforms nationwide. But PAC-12 presidents bought into the Larry Scott vision of the conference doing it all itself with 100% ownership, thinking that the content was so desirable that they'd have no distribution challenges and be able, make a fortune, and if they decided to sell after it was built that they'd get a super premium offer out of a bidding war among global media companies.

TLDR version: Pac-12 arrogance + delusion + incompetent grifter Commissioner = terrible business decision which killed an elite conference.

TLDR2 version: Pac-12 got high on the smell of its own farts and learned too late that breathing that gas was fatal.
Had the PAC12 done this along with add Texas and Oklahoma when they had the chance (and the TexOklans would have gotten rid of Larry Scott most likely) the PAC12 would currently be the 3rd conference and the B12 and ACC would be the ones trying to save themselves.

Back