What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU coaches - Who Should Stay and Who Should Go

Nice evidence. If there was any you'd say it rather than feeding your own bs
It's widely known that RG and Lance Carl set up Chev to come talk to Mac with them saying he'd be RC and need a promotion to co-OC to make the move back. It's fact. Follow along.

Eliot will be back as DC. The article basically said that. RG took into consideration the loss of the # of starters and other considerations. I think BL will be leaving to pursue other opportunities and JJ and (possibly GB) will be retiring from coaching (could have other roles on staff).

Eliot will be back as DC. The article basically said that. RG took into consideration the loss of the # of starters and other considerations. I think BL will be leaving to pursue other opportunities and JJ and (possibly GB) will be retiring from coaching (could have other roles on staff).

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a co-DC set up though with him and Els or him and a new guy.

It's widely known that RG and Lance Carl set up Chev to come talk to Mac with them saying he'd be RC and need a promotion to co-OC to make the move back. It's fact. Follow along.
My understanding was LC recommended DC to MM and MM made the decision to hire based on the interview. Not sure how much RG was involved with that part. People always act like the AD is making the personnel decisions, but like any good company, support staff (LC) make recommendations to hiring managers on candidates that they know would be a good fit. Upper level bosses make it happen when hiring manager wants someone (salary/budget issues). I would be worried if MM had to do all the searching and vetting on his own and equally worried if he was having people forced on him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we saw a co-DC set up though with him and Els or him and a new guy.
It wouldn't be with Els as he is already on staff, maybe a new guy if required to get them to come here, either way Eliot will still be making the calls.

Personally don't mind Bernardi in his current role. Jeffcoat on the other hand, while the players may love him he is useless in recruiting in a key area.

TE coach should be a recruiting monster, especially considering Bounds caught a total of 7 passes this year in a breakout season. Maybe that's on Lindgren for not emphasizing the TE position, but I don't see what Bernardi brings to the table at all. Mind you the OL was ****ing awful this year, so maybe his input is not needed in that area.

I'm semi curious who the players think should be rolled out, but I'm also keeping in mind they probably aren't the best judge for who should stay and who should go.

TE coach should be a recruiting monster, especially considering Bounds caught a total of 7 passes this year in a breakout season. Maybe that's on Lindgren for not emphasizing the TE position, but I don't see what Bernardi brings to the table at all. Mind you the OL was ****ing awful this year, so maybe his input is not needed in that area.

I'm semi curious who the players think should be rolled out, but I'm also keeping in mind they probably aren't the best judge for who should stay and who should go.
Maybe I shouldn’t listen to players as much when it comes to coaching changes. Everything you said was correct.

Maybe I shouldn’t listen to players as much when it comes to coaching changes. Everything you said was correct.

It's not that they don't have a unique perspective, but the coaches are their guys (hopefully at least). I have trouble recalling many times a HC was fired that the players were excited about it. Even Embree was embraced by the players if memory serves.

Either way, not going to let go of my Bernardi hate just yet. He has yet to coach a position group that was a net positive in his time at CU. OL was awful until he got demoted. TE has been a serious afterthought both years he has overseen it. At least Jeffcoat had last year where his DL was solid. Neither one seems motivated to bother recruiting more than a handful of months out of the year, so they need to go IMO. That **** just don't cut it at a P5 program where recruiting needs to be a 12 month a year adventure.

Hawkins and Embree coming back and will be co-head coaches with Macintyre. Bernardi promoted to co-offensive coordinator along with Bieniemy. Jeffcoat promoted to defensive coordinator (but will keep his job as head of El Paso recruiting). Neinas back as special teams coordinator. Joe Tumpkin will serve in a newly created "life coach" position. And Food Cart will in fact have a job working in the team cafeteria.

I agree that the TE coach should be a recruiting monster. I don't hate Bernardi as the TE coach, I have read that he is well liked by the players. I just think we need to improve recruiting and it seems bringing in a dynamic recruiter at the TE spot would be a better option.

If Lindgren going to Oregon St. is the extent of the "shake up" - color me disappointed.

Lombardi saying he is hearing the changes are more on the offensive side of the ball so I would expect Bernardi, Adams and Hagan to be on thin ice right now. If Jeffcoat isn't let go I will not watch the defense next year lol.

It is one of the keep pieces that needs to be moved, so pretty happy myself. Bernardi and Jeffcoat next, surely
Yeah I'm good with the move. I just think Eliot is a problem and that's the real movement I'm hoping for.

I’m ok with Lindgren leaving. Never liked the co-OC idea. Biggest disappointment for me this year was the offense and a lot of that was Bc of the play calling.

Yeah I'm good with the move. I just think Eliot is a problem and that's the real movement I'm hoping for.
I also dislike Eliot, but he is on a multi year w a buyout. He isn't going anywhere

Lombardi saying he is hearing the changes are more on the offensive side of the ball so I would expect Bernardi, Adams and Hagan to be on thin ice right now. If Jeffcoat isn't let go I will not watch the defense next year lol.

Bernardi and Adams would be fine.....lets go rescue Doug Meacham from KU. I think he and Chev would mesh really well.

Bernardi and Adams would be fine.....lets go rescue Doug Meacham from KU. I think he and Chev would mesh really well.
Problem here is, I think Chev will want out if he doesn't get the OC job.. I REALLY don't want to give him the OC job (Read: Not much better, if at all better, with him at Co-OC than we were before he came) but I also REALLY don't want to lose out on his recruiting emphasis. I think if I personally had to choose, I'd say get a proven OC and hope Chev stays. You can find good recruiters with more ease than proven Coordinators. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong and it's more beneficial to keep the recruiter and hope he isn't as bad of an OC as I think he might be..

Problem here is, I think Chev will want out if he doesn't get the OC job.. I REALLY don't want to give him the OC job (Read: Not much better, if at all better, with him at Co-OC than we were before he came) but I also REALLY don't want to lose out on his recruiting emphasis. I think if I personally had to choose, I'd say get a proven OC and hope Chev stays. You can find good recruiters with more ease than proven Coordinators. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong and it's more beneficial to keep the recruiter and hope he isn't as bad of an OC as I think he might be..

My only problem with giving him the sole OC job is losing what he does for us as a recruiter. I think we'd go to more of air raid type of look with him at OC, and I don't think that would be a bad thing, honestly.

Back