What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

Does buying two pair of the Prime shades Labor Day weekend mean that I donated to the cause?
Yes Man Nod GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

Last edited:
Maybe one year as an analyst before transitioning into Sal’s spot. He could probably benefit from just being around in a full time role for a year given he has no college coaching experience.

What are the rules around analysts recruiting? I think they can “fill in” for open on-field positions and recruit at times.

What are the rules around analysts recruiting? I think they can “fill in” for open on-field positions and recruit at times.
You can have a certain number of employees recruiting off campus at any given time. There is no specific rule as to what the title or position of those employees may be, only a limit on the number. Anyone recruiting off campus must have the NCAA certification, but you can have an unlimited number of employees with that certification.

So yes, you can have an analyst out on the road recruiting; it simply means that a position coach needs to not be out recruiting that day.

So he’s going to fire a current assistant?
Maybe. Or a current staff member leaves on his own. There are also other roles on staff that he can fill without being one of the ten AC. Analysts are Pat Shurmer/Mike Zimmer/Willie Taggart types. Guys who have been around coaching, scouting and gameplanning forever. Sapp is completely wasted in that role

Maybe. Or a current staff member leaves on his own. There are also other roles on staff that he can fill without being one of the ten AC. Analysts are Pat Shurmer/Mike Zimmer/Willie Taggart types. Guys who have been around coaching, scouting and gameplanning forever. Sapp is completely wasted in that role
I’m sure Prime knows exactly what he wants so I’m not concerned.

According to his Wiki page, Sapp has never coached anything. I can’t imagine he would be put in charge of a position group at this level.

According to his Wiki page, Sapp has never coached anything. I can’t imagine he would be put in charge of a position group at this level.
Man, I’m sure he has great knowledge. But he’s never coached at any level and never recruited nor gone through the grind that both those jobs require.

I’m not saying he can’t. I’m not saying he won’t be great. But it will definitely be interesting. And who can doubt Prime anymore? Not me!!

Willie Taggart is not with Buffs…I think.

My guess is Sapp helps close the big DL recruits and also helps Sal with some technique stuff and gets a chance to learn from Sal how to run a position group.

Sapp has been doing a lot of x's & o's breakdowns on his show. He's a technician. He's not ready to be a coordinator at this level, but he's absolutely someone who can coach the DL group, contribute heavily to film breakdown & game planning, mentor players, and recruit.

Sapp has been doing a lot of x's & o's breakdowns on his show. He's a technician. He's not ready to be a coordinator at this level, but he's absolutely someone who can coach the DL group, contribute heavily to film breakdown & game planning, mentor players, and recruit.
Which is why I think he’ll be in some position other than Analyst which can’t interact with players or do much recruiting.

I read some rumors that Sapp is actually pretty toxic behind the scenes. Any concerns around that?

I read some rumors that Sapp is actually pretty toxic behind the scenes. Any concerns around that?
It's one of those "the outcome reveals the truth" situations in my mind. If true and he's disruptive in a bad way, he won't be hired. If he's hired, then I trust Coach Prime's diligence and acumen with building an organizational staff for the culture he wants so it would put any "Sapp is toxic" whispers to bed for me.

yes. I understand that CP is trusted to be in charge here, but WS has his own ego and is a HOF'er too.....not to mention that the concerns I have don't really revolve around coaching interactions. I LOVE WS the FB player, and I really really hope this works out if he joins the staff.

A bit premature to make these statements as if they are fact. He hasn't ever coached so they are unknowable at this time.

Back