What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Coaching & Support Staff Moves

I wish there was some kind of a place for him within CU athletics. He truly cared about the players. Wishing him well and that he ends up as a HC somewhere- he’d be good in that role.
How much longer Lance Carl gonna be around?

What the **** is happening?! This staff is AMAZING.

Also- I was not familiar with Dennis Thurman, but holy **** is his development of CBs impressive. He coached Troy Palumalu at USC, was the DBs coach for the secondary in Baltimore where he helped develop Chris MCalister and Ed Reed, was the DB coach for the NYJ in the Revis Island/Antonio Cromartie years, and helped develop Stephon Gilmore in Buffalo.

What the **** is happening?! This staff is AMAZING.

Also- I was not familiar with Dennis Thurman, but holy **** is his development of CBs impressive. He coached Troy Palumalu at USC, was the DBs coach for the secondary in Baltimore where he helped develop Chris MCalister and Ed Reed, was the DB coach for the NYJ in the Revis Island/Antonio Cromartie years, and helped develop Stephon Gilmore in Buffalo.
He played for Tom Landry in Dallas, in the Flex defense, and you can’t do that without a. Being smart and b. being technically sound. He also played at usc in the glory years and I think he was a senior when Ronnie Lott and Dennis Smith were freshmen.

There are some aspects of the flex that I think would give rpo fits, fwiw.

Hell of a goodbye if we’re being honest.

Wow, those houses are running some loose ships. Hats, no suits, no pledges up front with pins on…. They need Prime to visit some of the fraternities and whip them into shape too. Those chapter meetings looking mid af

@Jeric or anyone can you find the new staffers most recent follows? Would be interesting to see who our top targets are

we just pulled a recruiting guy from lsu.

i am not sure i can process that.

holy ****.

we are gonna be good.

He came here because he got a promotion. Some of y’all need to visit the “slow your roll” thread.

Prime was very transparent about one of the reason he wanted to move up to P5, and that was to get some of his loyal assistants paid. He mentioned it on his most recent interview with Rob Jay at JSU that over the next couple years, the guys that have stuck with him for 20+ years coaching little league, HS and JSU are going to become millionaires.
As of right now it appears he’s only bringing four coaches from Jackson (at least for the coveted “on field” positions). And three of those guys have already made millions of dollars in their careers.

If I’m understanding this properly, this is an awesome situation—creating a brain trust, allowing a guy like this to just focus on Xs and Os and not strictly “coach.” When has CU ever done this before?
This report is based off the initial tweet from Larry Fitzgerald Sr., which tweet was subsequently called into question. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Zimmer is going to be the DC, but he may still be an analyst.

This report is based off the initial tweet from Larry Fitzgerald Sr., which tweet was subsequently called into question. I haven't seen anything to indicate that Zimmer is going to be the DC, but he may still be an analyst.
Yeah, I think that Kelly has been pretty much confirmed as the DC.

He came here because he got a promotion. Some of y’all need to visit the “slow your roll” thread.
Yeah, ok. Don’t make us hit you with facts and history for the last 20 years. We have not committed the resources or had the upside to bring a guy out of the sec to run recruiting in well basically forever.

yeah, he got a title promotion but we have no idea what lsu was paying him yet and there is no ****ing way a guy likes this comes here without Prime. Full ****ing stop.

we are literally building out a staff and support group designed to compete for players with the best programs in the country. That **** is not a slow your roll type thing. It is a 180 degree turnaround in thinking and philosophy.

feel free to slow your own roll but i am walking on ****ing sunshine and wait to you see the visitor list. It is on a level we haven’t seen since at least when Hawkins was here and arguably before that (i would personally say Prime is 100% correct when he says it will be the biggest recruiting weekend in program history (at least since the online services started covering this stuff).

don’t mess with my buzz, downer.

Nice to see Bryan McGinnis still on staff. The times I have interacted with him at camps he seemed well organized and on top of things and was friendly. It is important to have a good director of operations to keep things running smoothly, especially during the transition. Not sure who the lady was, if she is new or existing. Glad to see the new staff members already in office and working. The locker room and facilities look a lot like they did when I toured them after construction was almost complete. Basically a blank slate to fill. Happy to see he is making changes. KD probably thought the facilities were fine because they matched his expression.

Back