What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

like i have said multiple times, we needed the oregon shoe to drop-- with them and uw pairing to apply to the big (which was nearly a slam dunk), we have to wait and see what happens next--- the big won't be in any particular hurry however after today. maybe they take those 2 and add 2 from among the other likely applicants from dead pac--- CU, utah, asu, ua, cal, stanford. we were never first ballot invitees.

from that 2nd group-- CU and either utah or an arizona school deliver footprint and time zone and such. i think cal and stanford are very likely out of the mix for a lot of reasons. i don't love our chances altogether, but there is a teensy small chance we don't end up the conference of irrelevant leftovers.

i do not even want to start getting my hopes up.
If I'm RG, I'd fight to get into the B1G on equal terms with other members - but my real bottom line is that I'd accept a reduced share on a deal that climbed the ladder to parity over the term of the upcoming media deal.

And if I'm being honest, I'm sitting there with no leverage and no other option that might keep CU relevant so I'd probably take whatever sh!t sandwich they pushed to me while celebrating that they even offered me.

If I'm RG, I'd fight to get into the B1G on equal terms with other members - but my real bottom line is that I'd accept a reduced share on a deal that climbed the ladder to parity over the term of the upcoming media deal.

And if I'm being honest, I'm sitting there with no leverage and no other option that might keep CU relevant so I'd probably take whatever sh!t sandwich they pushed to me while celebrating that they even offered me.
correct. we have no leverage. none of the leftovers do. it is now a beauty contest and whichever beauty queen contestant consents to do the filthiest things for the fewest dollars is going to have a leg up. or 2 legs such as it may be.

The fact that you even think an offer would come is nuts.

I want whatever you’re drinking.
think it through-- with pac dollars there is no way we could match the meat-chicken state offer. didn't even try. that doesn't happen if we are at a competitive revenue place and coaches are going to want to be in the super conferences. the best from elsewhere will take jobs that aren't Michigan or ohio state just like they do in the sec. and this principle runs to recruiting too.

there are no sure things but i would rather try to be relevant on a big budget than whatever the **** is about to happen to us otherwise.

the big flaw in all this is we aren't driving the bus and could easily get left out. probably will.

This program has been a zombie for some time. The CU we knew and loved has been gone from the vessel for a long time, all that remained was a husk stumbling aimlessly and now that bloated husk has mostly rotted away and this is the headshot coming to end it...

Last edited:
The moment OU and UT declined the P12 offer we were ****ed. We just didnt know it. And the way the rest of the cards have played? We would probably have still been ****ed even if OU snd UT joined
caught some bad breaks for sure and shot ourselves in the foot multiple times too.

figured it was near fatal for years now but held out a hope. it is a tiny ****ing hope now.

think it through-- with pac dollars there is no way we could match the meat-chicken state offer. didn't even try. that doesn't happen if we are at a competitive revenue place and coaches are going to want to be in the super conferences. the best from elsewhere will take jobs that aren't Michigan or ohio state just like they do in the sec. and this principle runs to recruiting too.

there are no sure things but i would rather try to be relevant on a big budget than whatever the **** is about to happen to us otherwise.

the big flaw in all this is we aren't driving the bus and could easily get left out. probably will.
The main things giving me hope are:

1. I don't think the shakeout stops here because there are too many top tier media markets the networks won't want to leave off the table.

2. Hope that the B1G is sincere about the "only AAU members" criteria it has followed and has reiterated.

3. Hope that the ACC holds together out of GoR 1st mover fear for long enough to avoid that competition in this round.

The main things giving me hope are:

1. I don't think the shakeout stops here because there are too many top tier media markets the networks won't want to leave off the table.

2. Hope that the B1G is sincere about the "only AAU members" criteria it has followed and has reiterated.

3. Hope that the ACC holds together out of GoR 1st mover fear for long enough to avoid that competition in this round.
In B4 Notre Dame jumps to the Big10... then Stanford is a shoe-in

this is PROBABLY correct. it is not yet CERTAIN. we are basically on the bubble and have to hope for some really ****ing good luck.

so. we are probably ****ed.
I think the B1G is done adding. For now. I think the TV gods told them Two Teams and only two teams and thats all theyre willing to pay. That seems to be the nature of it now. You dont just get a giant renewal of rights for Big money. You have to add something else these days. so we both, conference and network, make more Big Big money. DeliverIng the #2 TV market is a pretty nice add for the Tv monster.

The next round a few years from now might see two more schools get in. Maybe thank god O and W dont end up leaving? Maybe we all compete (for a change) for the next two spots the B1G adds.

Maybe CU gets a little religion admin wise about what's happening. Or maybe we just dont GAF. I dunno. But were certainly at a fork in the roads And were going way too fast, its dark, and its really muddy and we have to turn.

Ill say this: I wouldnt want to be Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, Vanderbilt or Miss State right now. At some point this cluster **** is going to get so far out of hand that they will have to start culling schools that dont add value.

Last edited:
This program has been a zombie for some time. The CU we knew and loved has been gone from the vessel for a long time, all that remained was a husk stumbling aimlessly and now that bloated husk has mostly rotted away and this is the headshot coming to end it...

I think you play too many video games.

I think the B1G is done adding. For now. I think the TV gods told them Two Teams and only two teams and thats all theyre willing to pay. That seems to be the nature of it now. You dont just get a renewal of rights for Big money. You have to add something else so we both, conference and network, make more money.
i think that is a very likely possibility. but, i also know that there are teams of really really smart bean-counters at the network and they are doing math for all the various scenarios as we speak. and, this is also why IF the big adds any more teams they will get reduced rev shares.

We are getting exactly what we deserve for the way we have treated football for the last 10, no 20 years. Exactly what we deserve
this is the gospel ****ing truth and this outcome was literally communicated to the then-asshole idiots in charge, point by ****ing point, by boosters that mattered.

but, the arrogant pricks ignored all the facts and now we all get to eat the pile of **** they laid in front of us.

CU is soooo special. we are sooo different. sooooo superior.... those ****ing pricks.

Unless Warren suddenly gets a phone call from South Bend

why would nd do that? now? you are again missing the forest for the trees. they have a tv contract. they have good scheduled games. they have a lights out great recruiting class. why would they change anything NOW? and they are tied into NBC. you are not making sense.

Is this crazy?

I'm leaning toward the USC/UCLA news probably being a good thing in my life.

Either A: CU gags its way into a B1G invite that would keep us in the top tier of divisions and give us the financial resources to believe things could be great again.

Or B: CU is left out, the dream officially dies, we can stop deluding ourselves while wasting so much time/money/emotion on Buffs football, use the games as a low key social event, and realize that for basketball fans we aren't hurt by this and are probably helped by the school's budget & focus shifting to hoops.

Frankly, both options are better than what's been going on -if we're being real- since the 2003 scandal.

Back