What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

So it’d be 16 teams…

Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas St
Baylor
TTU
Houston
BYU
UCF
Cincinnati
Iowa State
West Virginia
TCU
CU
Utah
ASU
UA
Hate to say it, but Baylor is going to make a big play to get into a super conference and they’re likely going to get as much consideration as Oregon and Washington. They win 9/10 games a year in football and compete for Natty’s in hoops.

This whole thing is so strange. CU picked a really bad time to be apathetic and ****ty at football.

I have a hard time mustering any sentiment in any direction. I’m just shaking my head at the CFB football world being turned upside down at the same time our politics are tearing the nation in two.

god why do you hate Buff fans so much? haven't we suffered enough? thank you for the miracle in michigan and the national championship and the heisman and the clip and the 5th down and 62-36. but have we not paid enough for those happy days?

please do not relegate us to the b12 or worse. it would be like pounding a case of PBR and hooking up with your now toothless ex.

thank you and sincerely,

every Buff fan over about age 35 (which is most all of us at this point).
And the thought of traveling to Stoolwater Oklahoma for an away game does not sound appealing.

Hate to say it, but Baylor is going to make a big play to get into a super conference and they’re likely going to get as much consideration as Oregon and Washington. They win 9/10 games a year in football and compete for Natty’s in hoops.
I'm a Baylor grad, but that ain't happening. The SEC doesn't need any more Texas schools and the B1G isn't taking a private, small, Non-AAU school in Waco. UW and UO are both AAU. Baylor gets respectable TV numbers but Oregon does better, UW is a foothold in a better market, and UW would probably pull in better numbers if they stopped sucking.

I’m honestly wondering if this is what those two boosters were referring to when they tweeted about us winning a national championship again. If we end up being part of this, I could definitely see why they might be thinking that.
Or were they implying we’re going DII and will steamroll (for a year or two).

The Denver Metro area is likely dragging CU into a potential super conference by itself
It is just a market that should be part of it, because as much as other CFB schools are big players, they are in small ****ty places
Problem is we are not built to follow the pathway, unless the Walton's can also buy CU Football and use it as the minor league team
WPS!!

Oregon won’t be left out and they will drag Washington with them.

Our only hope is the B1G wants Denver and some more western programs to make it easier on USC and UCLA
If I’m RG, I’m on the phone with ASU. Applying to the B1G with the Phoenix and Denver markets to offer would be a strong hand.

Can anyone fill me in on the logistics IF we are to leave for any conference at this point.

Yesterday was the deadline for USC and UCLA to leave and not pay a huge fine, correct? What are the penalties?

Oregon won’t be left out and they will drag Washington with them.

Our only hope is the B1G wants Denver and some more western programs to make it easier on USC and UCLA
Notre Dame is going to **** this up. Mark my words.
Reading the tea leaves I think Big 10 goes to 20. Oregon, Washington and then ND enters with the understanding that Stanford gets the final slot.

Can anyone fill me in on the logistics IF we are to leave for any conference at this point.

Yesterday was the deadline for USC and UCLA to leave and not pay a huge fine, correct? What are the penalties?
No idea, but maybe this is all part of RG’s strategy - sit tight and wait for all that penalty money to roll in when everyone else jumps ship. The Pac4 with Cal, OSU and Wazzu will be flush with penalty money!

Notre Dame is going to **** this up. Mark my words.
Reading the tea leaves I think Big 10 goes to 20. Oregon, Washington and then ND enters with the understanding that Stanford gets the final slot.
Why would ND drag Stanford anywhere? They haven’t been in a conference with them…ever and it hasn’t really been an issue. They are similarly not dragging Navy anywhere either.

I don’t think the June 30 date matters to the Big 10 and they’ll make their decisions when they want to.

The Pac 12 penalties are likely a childlike pittance in relation to the money and power they’re cultivating. They’re more interested in proactive work against SEC/ESPN and will make payments necessary to secure their future

I hate to say this, but seeing all those logos on the same page - it feels probably an appropriate group for CU to be in conference with.
If we did pods, it would be:
TX 4
AZ & UT
UCF WV Cinci & Iowa St
KU K St OK St & CU
Yuck.

Back