What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why? What other options does the Pac have? ESPN getting shut out of the B1G deal was good news for the Pac10, but only if there is competition for the Pac10 rights. The Pac10 comes to ESPN and says, we'll give you our tier 1 rights for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, but we want $500m/year. ESPN says, we'll take those tier one rights and the evening inventory, but we're only giving you $350m for it. What does the Pac10 say in response? We'll take our proposition to FOX, CBS, and NBC? Nope. Turner? Apple? Only if they're interested.
The P12 says “yes, please, thank you, thank you, thank you, praise the Lord, thank you” to 350.

The P12 is done, every real piece of news is just one more nail in the coffin.

At this point there's slight hope for a B1G invite.

The most likely option is going to be a combined/expanded P12/B12.

Also a possibility is that the SEC grabs the southern schools, the B1G grabs the northern schools and CU is left out in the cold.

Continued indifference to football success from the administration makes the final scenario more likely.

The P12 is done, every real piece of news is just one more nail in the coffin.

At this point there's slight hope for a B1G invite.

The most likely option is going to be a combined/expanded P12/B12.

Also a possibility is that the SEC grabs the southern schools, the B1G grabs the northern schools and CU is left out in the cold.

Continued indifference to football success from the administration makes the final scenario more likely.
I still maintain that Denver is too big and growing a market to be left out when the dust finally settles.

Agree, Califnoria is the place for me. I can't get enough of stepping on used heroin needles, human faces, and tent cities.
even in california you can be arrested for stepping on human faces. you might want to avoid that. i agree california is perfect for you. i can recommend some very nice tent cities that you will be able to afford on your income.

The Pac-12 is not a long-term answer.

The Big 12 is not a long-term answer.

The ACC is not a long-term answer.

Unless CU is prepared to de-emphasize football, the only answers are the B1G and SEC.

So the only discussion which really matters in this thread is how we get to one of those conferences and what CU becomes if we don't.

I still maintain that Denver is too big and growing a market to be left out when the dust finally settles.

i agree and i also am sure that someday i will in fact will the super lotto.

kidding aside, if markets matter in the new world order, we might be ok. i do think there is no need to jump to the b12 now-- they will take us and thank us, gratefully, for joining them, whether we do it now or later. markets and average viewership does matter to them and we would be a big get for them. whatever happens with the big, the b12 will be there to catch us if we fall. and the sec is just feverish hallucination so yeah... the b12 will take whomever is leftover from the pac and pat themselves on the back for being so smart.

the only meaningful way we can actually improve our chances of landing well is to show some interest in a winning football program again. if not, and we land in the b12 again, well, i would hope we could recruit and compete against the mighty powers like iowa state and kansas.

what a world.

Unless CU is prepared to de-emphasize football, the only answers are the B1G and SEC.

So the only discussion which really matters in this thread is how we get to one of those conferences and what CU becomes if we don't.
Notre Dame has until this time next year to decide the direction it wants to go. I doubt anything happens until then, so let's say ND decides to go B1G and brings Stanford with them and Oregon and UW also go to get that conference to 20

At that point, the Pac 10 will cease to exist and CU, Utah, ASU, Arizona will likely go Big 12 for the next 4-5 years, as the B1G gets to renegotiate the next contract 7 years from now, meaning more realignment happens.

Question is, what happens to the ACC? Are they really going to remain stuck with their GOR for another 14 years?

CU Short Term = Pac 12
CU Mid Term = Probably Big 12
CU Long Term = B1G/SEC or the leftovers across Big 12/Pac/ACC/top of G5 (if the ACC breaks up) form a tier 2 level that sits above the current G5 but well below the SEC/B1G

Notre Dame has until this time next year to decide the direction it wants to go. I doubt anything happens until then, so let's say ND decides to go B1G and brings Stanford with them and Oregon and UW also go to get that conference to 20

At that point, the Pac 10 will cease to exist and CU, Utah, ASU, Arizona will likely go Big 12 for the next 4-5 years, as the B1G gets to renegotiate the next contract 7 years from now, meaning more realignment happens.

Question is, what happens to the ACC? Are they really going to remain stuck with their GOR for another 14 years?

CU Short Term = Pac 12
CU Mid Term = Probably Big 12
CU Long Term = B1G/SEC or the leftovers across Big 12/Pac/ACC/top of G5 (if the ACC breaks up) form a tier 2 level that sits above the current G5 but well below the SEC/B1G
to your question, under that hypothetical, the ACC GoR is dead when ND joins the B1G next year.

even in california you can be arrested for stepping on human faces. you might want to avoid that. i agree california is perfect for you. i can recommend some very nice tent cities that you will be able to afford on your income.

Thank you! Knowing California, I will certainly have my pick

THIS !!

PAC is dead. Their last advantage (PAC 12 After Dark) could be taken away with the loss of Oregon, Washington and Stanford..
ESPN gets in on Big 10 late slot game and it's curtains for the 8 or 9 surviving schools.
THIS right here is a very important tweet and situation to closely monitor.

My question is IF those three schools leave would their be a 4th ? Three seems uneven,

Wonder if the SEC/ESPN wants to get shut out of the late night slot, or if they come calling for some west coast schools.

world's fails GIF by World’s Funniest

Except if we really do end up with a B1G/SEC duopoly it could be a case where CU is not actually accretive to either one.

If there are three players (which is where most industries seem to be landing these days), then you're probably right.

But Denver being a primarily a professional sport town, coupled with a university that is administratively disinterested in fielding a competitive football team are two very big strikes against.

And if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak.

I would take an invite to the BIG even at 50% distribution for 1 year, then 60, then 70 until we were whole in 5 years, and then see where we are on the second contract

this seems like a pretty solid take--- big just paralyzed the pac from action maybe? everyone wants to see who gets the big invite.

i think we should call the sec, RIGHT NOW. i mean we are not a cultural, geographic, or competitive fit in any way so let's do it anyway. be "proactive" as the man says.

i hate everything.

Back