What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

You’re a ****ing idiot.
Thanks for the compliment NoDak. So you are telling me that if a TV show is aimed at a desirable demographic to advertisers,say 18-34 year olds, and a show only gets .01% rating, it doesn't get cancelled because it's still a desirable market to go after? Maybe you can tell me where I'm flawed, but this time using grown up words.

we all know we are likely to get screwed in all this. the question is when and how and by what degree...

cal as a geographic partner for stanford ahead of us would be a ****ing brutal **** sandwich of despair.
Step 1 (win). Raid the SWC for the four best teams and create BigXII.
Step 2 (win). Split for the P12 when it was clear the BXII was one sided and going to ****.
Step 3 (loss). Stuck watching the P12 get raided bc CU didn't get invited.

Most teams in D1 never even got to Step 1 and are still stuck in their G5 conference.

Step 1 (win). Raid the SWC for the four best teams and create BigXII.
Step 2 (win). Split for the P12 when it was clear the BXII was one sided and going to ****.
Step 3 (loss). Stuck watching the P12 get raided bc CU didn't get invited.

Most teams in D1 never even got to Step 1 and are still stuck in their G5 conference.
Third time definitely wasn't a charm.

Thanks for the compliment NoDak. So you are telling me that if a TV show is aimed at a desirable demographic to advertisers,say 18-34 year olds, and a show only gets .01% rating, it doesn't get cancelled because it's still a desirable market to go after? Maybe you can tell me where I'm flawed, but this time using grown up words.
No. **** you.

The question that I have in all of this is when do conferences start dropping their dead weight? If that 538 article is anywhere close to how the conferences are thinking (I have my doubts) then we would rank higher than both Rutgers and NW. If its all about money you would think the next shoe to drop would be trimming fat on some of these conferences.
Nope. Those schools just get to be rich. The big teams need punching bags.

I think that conferences and media companies are smart enough to focus hard on rivalry games between major programs and the numbers those draw.

As it relates to CU, the B1G and FOX/CBS/NBC have to be thinking about the number a CU-NU game draws versus an average NU conference game.

By itself it doesn't make the deal work, but it certainly adds to the attractiveness of CU versus some other options.
Rivalries like NU CU? They seemed sooo focused on preserving that.

This can't be good for the PAC.
What little advantage they had over the Big12 is gone.

My hypothesis is that the Pac10 has the ball park figures based on the various scenarios of either standing pat or expanding, and the Big 12 programs are demanding to get their figures so decisions can be made one way or the other

Scared Scooby Doo GIF by Boomerang Official

My hypothesis is that the Pac10 has the ball park figures based on the various scenarios of either standing pat or expanding, and the Big 12 programs are demanding to get their figures so decisions can be made one way or the other
I just assume that anytime a conference media deal is being renegotiated, it is being done by the networks with an eye towards additional conference expansion/consolidation.

I just assume that anytime a conference media deal is being renegotiated, it is being done by the networks with an eye towards additional conference expansion/consolidation.
I agree. The media companies will force some kind of merger between the PAC and Big 12 to create a 3rd conference.

By moving up its media rights talks, the Big 12 is aiming to be the conference of choice for its bidders over the Pac-12​

Colorado, Utah, ASU and Arizona will see REAL numbers and as I have been predicting they will be significant enough that the four corner schools will be in the Big12 in 2024 as Texas and OU exit to the SEC.

By moving up its media rights talks, the Big 12 is aiming to be the conference of choice for its bidders over the Pac-12​

Colorado, Utah, ASU and Arizona will see REAL numbers and as I have been predicting they will be significant enough that the four corner schools will be in the Big12 in 2024 as Texas and OU exit to the SEC.
Western Division
Arizona
ASU
BYU
CU
Okie State
TCU
TTech
Utah

Eastern Division
Baylor
Cinn
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
UCF
WVU

Provo has scenery, Lubbock has a Buddy Holly statue, and Ft. Worth has sweltering humidity.

Western Division
Arizona
ASU
BYU
CU
Okie State
TCU
TTech
Utah

Eastern Division
Baylor
Cinn
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
UCF
WVU

Provo has scenery, Lubbock has a Buddy Holly statue, and Ft. Worth has sweltering humidity.
For scheduling you play 6 teams in your Division, 3 teams from the other Division, and 3 OOCs.

Western Division
Arizona
ASU
BYU
CU
Okie State
TCU
TTech
Utah

Eastern Division
Baylor
Cinn
Houston
Iowa St
Kansas
Kansas St
UCF
WVU

No divisions but how about you have 4 'imaginary' pods whom you play the three from YOUR Pod each season, then you play two from each other 'Pod"
giving you 9 conference games and then the three OOC.

Pods could be

Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU
CU, KU, KSU, Okie St
TTech, TCU, Hou, Baylor
UCF, WVA, Cinn, ISU

and why I posted above that Texass and OU will leave in 2024 and the corner 4 will arrive

If the Big Ten invites four more PAC schools and the Corner 4 leave for the Big 12, all schools can start next year since the votes will be there to dissolve the Pac-12.

and why I posted above that Texass and OU will leave in 2024 and the corner 4 will arrive

I wouldn't be surprised if in 2024 the following happens

4 corner Schools to Big 12
Oregon, Washington, Cal, and Stanford to the BIG
WSU and OSU to the MWC or wherever, doesn't really matter
ACC probably splits up and has a few going SEC (Miami/FSU/UNC/Clemson and maybe a few to the Big 12 (to partner with UCF/WVU/Cincy)
Rest of ACC will go to AAC/Conference USA/Sun Belt

You then really have 3 conferences with Big 12 outside looking in. The rest of the conferences are relegated to a different level of football and possibly even the Big 12

this thing is so ****ing sideways...

it takes a lot of squinting through black and gold glasses fortified by a lot of bourbon to hope we land ok.

this thing is so ****ing sideways...

it takes a lot of squinting through black and gold glasses fortified by a lot of bourbon to hope we land ok.
I think we’re going to be just fine in the B12 the next 7-8 years while final seats get worked out for a full ncaa breakaway. We’ll make good coin in the B12 in the meantime, and get our fball fixed

Back