What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I understand Clemson and FSU getting angry as they have won a national championship in the past decade along with UCF, but Miami and the rest of the ACC has no room to complain.

Agree but I think the U fans would be making noise about that given their past success.

You said the worst Pac programs are better than the best Big 12 programs and that’s just a blatant lie. Oregon and Uw are the best brands and programs between either conference, but they don’t care about CU and aren’t actually as good as people think
Yeah I misread it. So WSU & OSU versus TCU.

Believe it or not, UCF will be earning more than FSU and the U once that new Big 12 media rights extension kicks in. Only Florida will be earning more in that case.
That’s not the point I was making. They’re the 4th best team in Florida. They don’t have the cache of the top 3. Never will. No amount of money is going to change that.

How about the notion adding UCF helps with recruiting Florida. Does anyone believe that? We seem to be doing just fine pulling talent from there. Playing the 4th best team in Florida every other year doesn’t help.
Doesn't hurt either.

Who do you all think will be our new rival in the big 12? Will it be KSU? Or KU? Or maybe BYU? Baylor???
Baylor. They’ll pray for us before the game. But us libtarded pachouli smelling hippies are beyond help. The highlight of their visit to Boulder will be eating at Pasta Jays.

Pass me some of what youre smoking.
I’m not sure where you disagree, but saying Oregon State and Washington State are above anybody from a brand perspective, is laughable at best. You can argue UW, Ok St, Utah and TCU, but that’s far more comparable than Oregon State and Wazzu being compared to TCU.

I’m not sure where you disagree, but saying Oregon State and Washington State are above anybody from a brand perspective, is laughable at best. You can argue UW, Ok St, Utah and TCU, but that’s far more comparable than Oregon State and Wazzu being compared to TCU.

He wasn’t referencing your post regarding WSU or Oregon State.

That’s not the point I was making. They’re the 4th best team in Florida. They don’t have the cache of the top 3. Never will. No amount of money is going to change that.

I would not dismiss UCF...they had quite the astonishing rise from D3 to FBS after starting their football program in 1979. Florida State started theirs in 1947 and by the time they hit the 44 year mark like UCF is at right now, they were getting started with being the dominant team of the 1990s. Just give UCF a Big 12 budget and a recruiting savage as a head coach and see where the Golden Knights could go.

With UC & WVU, the Big 12 gains Ohio in addition the mid-Atlantic states of PA, MD, DC, and VA due to WVU's location. Add UConn to the mix and you might have a good chunk of the Northeastern USA under the Big 12 roof.

You smokin crack if you don't think that is a big gain in recruiting terrority for CU.

I would not dismiss UCF...they had quite the astonishing rise from D3 to FBS after starting their football program in 1979. Florida State started theirs in 1947 and by the time they hit the 44 year mark like UCF is at right now, they were getting started with being the dominant team of the 1990s. Just give UCF a Big 12 budget and a recruiting savage as a head coach and see where the Golden Knights could go.

With UC & WVU, the Big 12 gains Ohio in addition the mid-Atlantic states of PA, MD, DC, and VA due to WVU's location. Add UConn to the mix and you might have a good chunk of the Northeastern USA under the Big 12 roof.

You smokin crack if you don't think that is a big gain in recruiting terrority for CU.
UCF does absolutely nothing for us. We pulled a 5⭐️ from FL. While in the P12. And we had to beat the real team in FL in FSU. Put us in a conference w/ FSU and we can talk about what it does for recruiting.

Unless you’re talking about 2-3⭐️ FL recruits which I don’t care about.

I like TCU. They’re a solid underdog story in Texas. Ok St, I don’t think anyone thinks about them.

Oklahoma State and TCU are on the Washington and Utah levels of athletic brands.

Okie Lite is on the same plane as Washington? TCU too?

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.

If I’m in charge of the P12 I say add Boise St and SDSU, forget academics on this one and just trust me.

Oklahoma State and TCU are on the Washington and Utah levels of athletic brands.

Okie Lite is on the same plane as Washington? TCU too?

I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
In the modern era, Oklahoma State has had far more success than Washington. Washington averages 6.5 wins/year over the last 20 seasons with two 1 win seasons and a 0-12 season. Oklahoma State averaged 8.5/year and its worst season was 4-7 in Gundy’s first year.

This Washington hype is ridiculous and the B1G has told everybody what they think of them. The same thing the SEC told the country what they about Okie State.

TCU and Utah have almost been identical since entering the P5 ranks, btw.

It’s never a perfect comparison, but suggesting that Wash State and Oregon State are remotely equal to TCU is ignorance at its finest

Oklahoma State on the same plane as Washington?

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

In the modern era, Oklahoma State has had far more success than Washington. Washington averages 6.5 wins/year over the last 20 seasons with two 1 win seasons and a 0-12 season. Oklahoma State averaged 8.5/year and its worst season was 4-7 in Gundy’s first year.

This Washington hype is ridiculous and the B1G has told everybody what they think of them. The same thing the SEC told the country what they about Okie State.

TCU and Utah have almost been identical since entering the P5 ranks, btw.

It’s never a perfect comparison, but suggesting that Wash State and Oregon State are remotely equal to TCU is ignorance at its finest
Plus Okie Light has awesome logos.

Attachments

• IMG_7216.jpeg
    IMG_7216.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
I will miss some of the road trips we had in the Pac 12. Palo Alto, Berkeley, Los Angeles. Going to Lawrence, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan KS, Ames (or wherever Iowa State is) is not nearly as fun. But aside from travel, would we be in a division with BYU, KU, KSU, Arizona, Iowa State and OK State???

You keep interchanging “brands” with wins.

UW has won an MNC in the modern era. Has OSU ever won their conference?
LOL Washington having a Natty is like CU having a Natty. It’s cool for the 35+ year olds to talk about but nobody under the age of 35 really knows about it. Washington’s brand is fine, but it’s nothing special. Same with Oklahoma State. And yes, they have won their conference.

LOL Washington having a Natty is like CU having a Natty. It’s cool for the 35+ year olds to talk about but nobody under the age of 35 really knows about it. Washington’s brand is fine, but it’s nothing special. Same with Oklahoma State. And yes, they have won their conference.

I looked it up and CU has won as many B12 championships in football as OSU and CU hasn’t even been a member for about 15 years.

Back