What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

iu

iu
iu

iu

iu

Whole lotta fans dressed as bleachers.
Places we should have easily dominated.

It's true and has been for weeks. The problem is that this verbal agreement getting inked is contingent on the media deal and distributions. With the news that the overpayment monies owed back being much more than initially reported, it's now going to be even harder to get to the number.
If thats true the schools that leave will probably still be on the hook for that money.

If thats true the schools that leave will probably still be on the hook for that money.
That was my thought as well. Moving conferences doesn’t make the bill go away. I do think it speaks to the mismanagement which is going to be used against the P12 rn.

Looks like GK is checking to see which schools are staying before extending invites for expansion and then getting the media rights finalized. It appears that CSU might take CU's place in the P12.

Stuff is getting real this week.
That would suck having a divided TV market re CSU taking our place

For folks who haven’t been obsessing about this for the last year and don’t feel like looking up the answer in the last 11,000 posts - would this be a “free” transfer if it occurs before the new PAC media deal goes into effect (i.e. CU wouldn’t owe the PAC an exit fee, right)?

P12 boards all seem to be taking Canzano's article as an indication everyone is staying, which means it likely did its job on the P12 PR front.

For folks who haven’t been obsessing about this for the last year and don’t feel like looking up the answer in the last 11,000 posts - would this be a “free” transfer if it occurs before the new PAC media deal goes into effect (i.e. CU wouldn’t owe the PAC an exit fee, right)?

Correct.

Hey, you want to lay some of the blame for this at the feet of Phil DiStrfano? Be my guest. Most worthless chancellor EVAR. But he didn’t operate in a vacuum. He had accomplices.
He absolutely shares blame with 11 others for rubber stamping Larry Scott's management decisions, not providing proper oversight, and pushing a conference athletics agenda that even Larry knew was bad business.

Last edited:
Arizona President on Finebaum right now talking NIL and realignment.

Done now but it was a nothingburger, unless you think talking about begging Congress to come save the NCAA on the NIL front means anything.

Last edited:
Maybe, as a CU fan though I'm conditioned to believe the more likely outcome is we move to the B12, Prime takes the FL job in 2 years, and we revert to the mean in a conference that gets squeezed out of major CFB due to a lack of brands and large media markets.

The UA president is supposedly going on Finebaum to discuss realignment and a bunch off topics. That doesn't seem like something he'd do right now if they were considering an imminent move.
We’ll be lucky to have had Prime for the full contract. Once his kids are done playing I expect him to hang it up or jump to the bigger pond. If he lays an egg on gamedays then that might change.
This has been from day one a "follow the money" deal. I think a very big factor is the media rights spigot has dried up in the last 6 months for a variety of reasons.

I do not believe that any of the media companies want the PAC12 to fail - having an unhealthy system does not benefit them. The problem is there is no buyer that is ready to step up and give the PAC the media rights deal they feel they deserve.

Sports continue to attract the advertising $s because they are mostly consumed real time but the advertising revenues are not off setting the loss of carriage fee revenue. The subscriber fee model is not well developed yet. In a few years I could see ESPN and Fox Sports having a direct to consumer model where the consumer pays $35- $50 per month for access. Most subscription based services (Hulu, Netflixs, Disney +) seem to have hit a stable number and are not growing so it is hard for them to enter big rights agreements, I see this happening in small chunks with services like ESPN+. But who really knows. Only the big cash rich behemoths like Apple and Google can afford to take a multi-billion dollar risk on direct to consumer.

On the PAC:
I think most schools do not want to be the first to leave because it may be the dagger to the heart of the Conference and no one wants to be perceived in the role of Brutus but realistically the traitor is really USC and UCLA. This is true of the Big 10 also - they don't want to be the one to kill the conference.

My own projection is if CU and AZ leave the PAC then the conference will be dead and everyone will abandon ship. UW and Oregon will go to the Big 10 for a partial payout and maybe take Cal and Stanford. Utah and ASU would jump to the Big 12.

The PAC 12 since CU has joined has traveled a road with many forks in it and have always taken the wrong path.
Well said

Arizona President on Finebaum right now talking NIL and realignment.

Done now but it was a nothingburger, unless you think talking about begging Congress to come save the NCAA on the NIL front means anything.

I just heard it too and yea he didn't say a thing. In fact he continued to walk the company line and said he expects a Pac12 media deal to get done in the coming weeks and the remaining members will stay together. Which I guess he has to say until they officially announce they're leaving for the Big 12.

The move to BigXII is sucking all the air out my lungs. And just when I was starting to get excited again. Im totally opposed.
The B12 is competitive but it’s still the minor leagues. The P12 is trending that way but it aspires to be more. The B12 is happy being the junior league. That’s never been CU imho, even when we sucked we thought better of ourselves.

Props to this knucklehead. He puts himself out there even though he doesn’t have good answers. Saliman hasn’t said a word and I’m tired of hearing RG (or a random Phil article). President could have stepped up here and grabbed the mic.

The B12 is competitive but it’s still the minor leagues. The P12 is trending that way but it aspires to be more. The B12 is happy being the junior league. That’s never been CU imho, even when we sucked we thought better of ourselves.
Really, what about the P12-2 tells you it aspires to be more?
Cant get a TV deal done to save its a$$
OU, UW want out.
UU, UA, ASU maybe weighing options
CU out!

Back