What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

anyone else starting to think that perhaps ITB and some of our visitors are actively rooting for the demise of the pac?

i dunno. it is subtle. but, i do detect a certain nuanced pov being forwarded.

Sarcastic No Way GIF by ABC Network
Personally, I have a hard time mustering even a single **** for the P12. I'm not sure I gave a care about the P10 back in the day except for maybe the Rose Bowl game. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure my thoughts about the P10 then was close to afterthought.

The biggest entertainment factor would be to watch the meltdown of some on this board if CU became a card carrying member of what they think of as the Trailer-trash 12.

I don't care which conference CU ends up in, as long as I still get to watch them, sometime before 10PM eastern. Any P5 conference, besides P12, moves at least some of their away games within driving distance for those on the east coast. No, the driving distance for the CA alums makes no difference to me. That factor never resulted in any real value to CU football anyway.

anyone else starting to think that perhaps ITB and some of our visitors are actively rooting for the demise of the pac?

i dunno. it is subtle. but, i do detect a certain nuanced pov being forwarded.

Sarcastic No Way GIF by ABC Network
Show us the money, George. We're now at over a year since the Pac went to market with still no deal.

Always has at UCLA. If they had a sweet 50k on-campus stadium I suspect fan engagement would be viewed through a different lens.
At least move the games to SoFi. Its closer to campus and vastly easier to get to then the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena. Its like the Buffs playing at Mile High but Mile High was actually south of Park Meadows Mall

Personally, I have a hard time mustering even a single **** for the P12. I'm not sure I gave a care about the P10 back in the day except for maybe the Rose Bowl game. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure my thoughts about the P10 then was close to afterthought.

The biggest entertainment factor would be to watch the meltdown of some on this board if CU became a card carrying member of what they think of as the Trailer-trash 12.

I don't care which conference CU ends up in, as long as I still get to watch them, sometime before 10PM eastern. Any P5 conference, besides P12, moves at least some of their away games within driving distance for those on the east coast. No, the driving distance for the CA alums makes no difference to me. That factor never resulted in any real value to CU football anyway.

there is a lot wrong with your thoughts.

booster dollars from the west coast are good.

CA alums are numerous in the footprint and we travel better than you seem to think.

your fundamental argument is "well, it is better for me personally since i have the misfortune to live on the east coast and therefore **** the pac." ok. cool.

if we join the b12, we arguably become its flagship school, right out of the gate, based upon our history and academics and all the rest.

personally, i have always bought real estate in the best neighborhood i could afford, even if it meant less house. some prefer to have the nicest house on the block so they sacrifice location and neighborhood.

i am glad we have options and we should play the cards that give us the best chance of being successful. i am skeptical that the b12 gives us that unless the pac literally ceases to exist.

Always has at UCLA. If they had a sweet 50k on-campus stadium I suspect fan engagement would be viewed through a different lens.
Indeed. And whoever first brought this up, I think that lack of engagement, as compared to large public universities elsewhere, was the point. UCLA would indeed to well with a 50k stadium. I may be misremembering this/ think it was before my time but I think Stanford decreased their capacity a while back. I think Northwestern is doing the same with their new build.

Its like the Buffs playing at Mile High but Mile High was actually south of Park Meadows Mall

Kind of. But the stadium is worse. And it's 25 degrees hotter than the west side. I can't think of worse experience than an afternoon game in September at the Rose Bowl.

If CU was to leave the P12, the lasting P12 memories would be those mostly empty stadiums you would see at places like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and on occasion WSU. Defend the P12 fanbase all you want but we have seen better in the old B12.

If CU was to leave the P12, the lasting P12 memories would be those mostly empty stadiums you would see at places like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, and on occasion WSU. Defend the P12 fanbase all you want but we have seen better in the old B12.
I’m not defending the P12 fan bases, but I am pushing back on the assertion that all Big12 fan bases are better.

I’m not defending the P12 fan bases, but I am pushing back on the assertion that all Big12 fan bases are better.
Baylor is going to arguably be one of the top teams in the B12 once UT and OU leave -> and they built themselves a 45k person stadium in 2014, which was 20 years after joining the B12.

I don't know how anyone can claim the B12 has "better" fan bases than any other P5 conference.

Baylor is going to arguably be one of the top teams in the B12 once UT and OU leave -> and they built themselves a 45k person stadium in 2014, which was 20 years after joining the B12.

I don't know how anyone can claim the B12 has "better" fan bases than any other P5 conference.
A 45k stadium is nearly three times the enrollment of Baylor. I'm not sure that example makes the point you were intending.

Might want to check that math. Baylor reported approx 21k for fall 2022.
1) Baylor has a little over 15k undergrads. I don't believe you actually misunderstood that that was the point.
2) If you want to include grad students.... OK, so Baylor has a stadium still over twice the size of its student body. So Baylor still wouldn't seem like a good example for your original point.

Might want to check that math. Baylor reported approx 21k for fall 2022.

And Folsom seated more than 60k back when our enrollment was in the 20’s in the late 80’s and early 90’s

A 45k stadium is nearly three times the enrollment of Baylor. I'm not sure that example makes the point you were intending.

Filling a stadium takes way more than active enrollment. CU allows what? 12k student season tickets? Most of which are from out of state.

The games I was able to attend were mostly full and loud stadiums in Seattle, Eugene and Corvallis. So you and I may have different lasting memories.

PAC 10 apologists can posture all they want to but I will guarantee you that no other P5 athletic conference would have hired the woefully underqualified Larry Scott. New York guy. Business background was nil. Sports background 100% tennis, at a lot of levels, but still, tennis. Even leaving out the profound lack of management skills and the financial malfeasance, the guy had a background that makes you wonder how he was even interviewed. I’m sure there’s a story there.

Doesn’t say much for the PAC ADs and the other folks in charge at those schools. But I’m sure they know their wines. There’s always that.

1) Baylor has a little over 15k undergrads. I don't believe you actually misunderstood that that was the point.
2) If you want to include grad students.... OK, so Baylor has a stadium still over twice the size of its student body. So Baylor still wouldn't seem like a good example for your original point.
Peace. I was just fact checking because I was surprised at your assertion. You said it was nearly three times the enrollment and I did a quick Google check and see that it’s more like twice the enrollment. Didn’t realize that you were specifying undergrads (and Baylor didn’t specify when they listed “enrollment”). I’m also a bit surprised that it’s that small because I see a lot of Baylor gear here in Houston and thought it might be a bit bigger, even though I know it’s a private school.

PAC 10 apologists can posture all they want to but I will guarantee you that no other P5 athletic conference would have hired the woefully underqualified Larry Scott. New York guy. Business background was nil. Sports background 100% tennis, at a lot of levels, but still, tennis. Even leaving out the profound lack of management skills and the financial malfeasance, the guy had a background that makes you wonder how he was even interviewed. I’m sure there’s a story there.

Doesn’t say much for the PAC ADs and the other folks in charge at those schools. But I’m sure they know their wines. There’s always that.
So no other conference has ever made a bad hire. Got it.

Larry was horrible. And the school presidents are paying the cost of that decision right now.

Back