What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

What needs more clarification is if the Pac-12 is still negotiating with new partners? When did the latest partner come to the table? Are they waiting for new partners? Would they accept new partners?

I get they had a coordinated media outreach this morning and lifted the embargo at 1:30pm PT today so it all hits at the exact same time with the exact same info but… there are a ton of questions that didn’t get answered. The 4-6 week window needs to be understood more bc it’s unclear where things sit at the moment. It’s almost a certainty the Q&A will not come off well for Kliavkoff or the conference.
Sarcastic Bill Burr GIF by Desus & Mero

Makes me nervous, too, and makes my skepticism light go on. That said, we know that a traditional deal was not going to get the Pac-12 to where its members needed. Often times, it takes that to force innovative thinking. The SEC doesn't need to get creative and, frankly, it isn't worth the risk for them to do so. I actually think the Pac-12 is in a position where it either flames out or makes a big bet on a high risk/ high reward deal. I think the odds of groundbreaking or failure are much higher than the odds are on a weak traditional deal that's just good enough to keep things together for 6 more years.
IMO the PAC/ GK is playing poker (not chess), and we're all hoping it ends up being a good bet.

Ross is one I can trust and he's saying this could go on into August.
Issue from this 'news' is there's nothing substantial. No hints, no meat on the bone. It's just the same **** that keeps getting reported.

Last edited:
There is a 0.0 percent chance USD football moves up and that program needs to be killed.

Don’t think they would be moving up in a case like that and it would be something different. Big West football could follow the Ivy League by not participating in the FCS playoffs which means FBS schools would not bother with those teams and even the top FCS conferences because playing those non FCS schools could have a dent on important rankings that ends up being the difference between the CFP and bowl games or the FCS playoffs. It’s already hard enough to make the FCS playoffs despite having double the teams of the FBS CFP.

I do like Christian Braun, though. Probably my favorite Kansas player since Mitch Richmond.
It was a helluva fun ride cheering on the Nuggets this year. And for a lower first round rookie to get real playing time and doing well (except against the Lakers) was great.

Saw this on a different message board.

Dellenger on 365 sport YT said the info stating " We've seen folks come to the table that were not at the table six months ago" and the media deal that is coming soon around Big 12 and ACC numbers was something he also heard but the info came from a pac 12 representative and didn't feel comfortable reporting it.

Here's the interview.
He's finding it hard to believe anything
coming from the mouths of the PAC.

Last edited:
And I should believe that?
It’s all bs! The deal will be crap but cu will stay because they are followers not leaders. So the cali contingent of, little Jim, nik, and liver will be happy. Hooray!! Because so many of the alumni go on road trips! Bs. We get to be stuck on the west coast bs with no national marketing or exposure and late night games! and I’m supposed to shell out more $ to a streaming service that I refuse to do. Let’s see how much $ they really make. again, very few people outside of each teams footprint will sign up for this. No one in the south or Midwest give a rats a** about the pac. Our recruiting gets hammered.

It’s all bs! The deal will be crap but cu will stay because they are followers not leaders. So the cali contingent of, little Jim, nik, and liver will be happy. Hooray!! Because so many of the alumni go on road trips! Bs. We get to be stuck on the west coast bs with no national marketing or exposure and late night games! and I’m supposed to shell out more $ to a streaming service that I refuse to do. Let’s see how much $ they really make. again, very few people outside of each teams footprint will sign up for this. No one in the south or Midwest give a rats a** about the pac. Our recruiting gets hammered.
You omitted "get off my lawn you juvenile creep"!

Don’t think they would be moving up in a case like that and it would be something different. Big West football could follow the Ivy League by not participating in the FCS playoffs which means FBS schools would not bother with those teams and even the top FCS conferences because playing those non FCS schools could have a dent on important rankings that ends up being the difference between the CFP and bowl games or the FCS playoffs. It’s already hard enough to make the FCS playoffs despite having double the teams of the FBS CFP.
The sec does this every yr. with 4 body bag games pr team and they do just fine which is bs.

Let's compare and contrast..

TODAY

FEBRUARY 13TH (more than 5 months ago)

Hmmm....both use the term "near future " or "very near future "

When will these presidents figure out they are being played?

and just for fun these gems have all happened in between Feb 13 and July 18.
February 21 - Shultz says deal should be done by mid-march: https://www.mercurynews.com/2023/02...-process-nears-resolution-wsu-president-says/

February 24 - Anderson says he could see a deal close "in the next two to three weeks" https://arizonasports.com/story/3506701/asus-ray-anderson-hopes-pac-12-media-rights-deal-clarifies/

March 15 - Arizona President Robert C. Robbins said he expects the Pac-12 to finalize a media rights deal “within the next couple of weeks" https://theathletic.com/4314850/2023/03/15/arizona-president-robert-robbins-pac-12/

March 15 - "Michael Crow, who met with The State Press on Tuesday, the Pac-12 media rights negotiations are in the "final stages"" - https://www.si.com/college/stanford/football/pac-12-reportedly-in-final-stages-of-media-rights-deal

May 16 - "Washington State President Kirk Schulz told Cougfan.com he's hopeful the Pac-12 media rights deal will be made "in the next few weeks to a month" https://247sports.com/college/washi...-deal-in-next-few-weeks-to-a-month-210309015/

June 9 - "Schulz told the Regents he expects the Pac-12’s next media rights package to be completed “by the end of the month" https://247sports.com/college/washi...-size-of-pac-12s-media-rights-deal-211380232/

Last edited:
This narrative that mizzou jumping to the sec was somehow a bad move for them might be one of the most stupid, ignorant football takes I've heard in a long time.

They were not lighting it up in the B12, nor were they ever a big deal in the B8.

They were a middle of the road program that had occasional good and bad runs.

What are they since moving to the sec?

A middle of the road team with occasional good and bad runs.

Except now they get more money.

It's a similar story with atm. The 20 years before they jumped to the sec, they were a slightly above average football team with occasional really bad years, and frequent delusions of grandeur that regularly got smashed by actual decent teams.

So pretty much the same thing they've got going now, except like mizzou, with more money.

Let's compare and contrast..

TODAY

FEBRUARY 13TH (more than 5 months ago)

Hmmm....both use the term "near future " or "very near future "

When will these presidents figure out they are being played?

I'm definitely frustrated that there hasn't been a deal put on the table which would allow CU to make its decision.

At this point, though, I guess I've become more patient. There's no difference between it happening in 3 days or 3 months. I just want camp to start so we can start taking about football again and only revisit this thread if there's actual news beyond an announcement of no news.

I'm definitely frustrated that there hasn't been a deal put on the table which would allow CU to make its decision.

At this point, though, I guess I've become more patient. There's no difference between it happening in 3 days or 3 months. I just want camp to start so we can start taking about football again and only revisit this thread if there's actual news beyond an announcement of no news.
It's sad that the PAC couldn't of had something in place before Friday's PAC Media Dog and Pony Show. Instead of showcasing what could one of the conference's most compelling upcoming seasons ever, it will be tainted with this elephant in the room.

It's sad that the PAC couldn't have had something in place before Friday's PAC Media Dog and Pony Show. Instead of showcasing what could one of the conference's most compelling upcoming seasons ever, it will be tainted with this elephant in the room.
Absolutely. Heisman QB returns. Most of the top QB draft prospects. Likely at least 5 teams ranked in the polls all year. Coach Prime at CU the most marketable story in CFB. It's a damn shame the energy will be sucked out because media and fans are holding our collective breath waiting for news on the new media deal and 2024 membership.

Back