What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

He was fine. He didn’t say much. The writers dropped the ball.

Are you referring to the guy at the end who tried to pull a gotcha on semantics? That was so dumb. They don’t have a deal in place. Even Phil mentioned they were seeing numbers yesterday.
Say what?
The presser fell apart at the end.
It's laughable. Go on Twitter. Reactions can't believe it.

He was fine. He didn’t say much. The writers dropped the ball.

Are you referring to the guy at the end who tried to pull a gotcha on semantics? That was so dumb. They don’t have a deal in place. Even Phil mentioned they were seeing numbers yesterday.
I’m leaving open that the A-list writers could get briefed privately in background and do not ask questions on the main stage.

The P12 leadership is not only incapable but inarticulate as well. My goodness. Your run of the mill PM in a FAANG company runs circles around these scrubs. No wonder a deal isn’t done. They were silent all year to be thought as fools but today they really removed all doubt in my mind. So much money going to so few braincells

How do I get a job in sports administration? Even a mediocre strategic communicator would clean house if this is the competition.

The P12 leadership is not only incapable but inarticulate as well. My goodness. Your run of the mill PM in a FAANG company runs circles around these scrubs. No wonder a deal isn’t done. They were silent all year to be thought as fools but today they really removed all doubt in my mind. So much money going to so few braincells

How do I get a job in sports administration? Even a mediocre strategic communicator would clean house if this is the competition.
You have white ivory tower administrators calling the shots! Most if any know anything about the real world let alone have ever worked in it. They are all elitist west coast snobs with no business acumen whatsoever. including uncle Phil.

I'm going to quote myself in a post I made several months ago.

-Conjures up artificial deadline related to a regularly scheduled meeting
-Assigns meaning to people unaware of conjured deadline missing said artificial deadline.

Excellent rhetorical move, but one that fails under the slightest scrutiny.

This pattern of posting is not only stupid and shallow, but several months later it has reached "annoying as f u c k" level.

Well, if (a big IF) Apple was involved, that company is notoriously secretive about everything until they want to announce it. I could see them having anyone privy to the information sign an NDA before hearing it, including school presidents, chancellors, and the Pac-12 brass. This may also be the reason that everyone has been so quiet on actual numbers. But then again, I'm must taking out of my ass like everyone else here.
Too bad big mouth Phil didn't violate it with his comments to Keeler.

This is interesting.

One reason SDSU has no clarity: Two league sources told The Athletic on Friday there’s not unanimity among the presidents to expand at all. It would take an 8-2 vote, and at least two schools — one of them assumed to be Oregon — don’t currently support it. The rationale being, they’d rather compete with fewer schools for the Pac-12’s berth in the expanded College Football Playoff, not to mention sharing CFP revenue with fewer mouths.

This is interesting.

One reason SDSU has no clarity: Two league sources told The Athletic on Friday there’s not unanimity among the presidents to expand at all. It would take an 8-2 vote, and at least two schools — one of them assumed to be Oregon — don’t currently support it. The rationale being, they’d rather compete with fewer schools for the Pac-12’s berth in the expanded College Football Playoff, not to mention sharing CFP revenue with fewer mouths.

**** Oregon. Hate them.

Bet it’s also Stanford but who really cares, sdsu adds absolutely nothing! Period! And don’t tell me it’s the San Diego market. That’s bull s***. They don’t care! For the most part the whole state of cali doesn’t care

This is interesting.

Im on board with a P10 as opposed to P12.

This is interesting.

The anti-expansion argument doesn't make sense.

A Pac 12 with San Diego State and SMU in it would be a very good thing for CU in my opinion. I would have to think they would split CU and Utah as travel partners-the "Rumble in the Rockies" hasn't taken off, CU is significantly closer to SMU than anybody else in the conference, and Utah and San Diego State have history as Mountain West members. SMU as a travel partner would be great for CU-we recruit Texas (and Dallas) heavily. A game against a Dallas team (and playing in Dallas every other year and every year in basketball) would be a very good thing for football and basketball.

I'm going to take Mandel's expansion assumption on Oregon a step farther and assume Washington's likely the second school he's referring to. Those two are tied at the hip in my view. The idea that they don't want to expand is a weird thing for them to argue. Competing with fewer schools for the Pac 12's CFP bid? Sure, but playing nine conference games a year means you play everybody. If I'm Oregon, I'd be all for maybe missing Utah a couple of times and playing San Diego State or SMU instead. CFP revenue? That's true, but here's the question I'd have. Can you make up what you're losing by divving that pot of money up 12 ways instead of 10 by becoming an in market property in DFW and San Diego?

Im on board with a P10 as opposed to P12.
In that scenario, I might invite some schools like UNLV and New Mexico to be non-football members. Maybe it gets us distribution in those states while working out well for them if they were able to still earn most of their MWC money off football but get a nice kicker from the Pac for hoops et al.

In that scenario, I might invite some schools like UNLV and New Mexico to be non-football members. Maybe it gets us distribution in those states while working out well for them if they were able to still earn most of their MWC money off football but get a nice kicker from the Pac for hoops et al.

Gonzaga is available you know? If we are the P11, that’s 20 conference games since everyone would play round robin.

I suspect that is the Big 12’s plan too and we might as well beat the B12 to that.

Nik please get off the drugs! None and I repeat none gives the pac anymore more relevance and exposure. New, Mexico, Vegas and San diego? Man you are really reaching! could we pull in montana, s and n Dakota ? How about Canada? if it wasn’t for uncle Phil. Even Oregon would be an after thought.

Gonzaga is available you know? If we are the P11, that’s 20 conference games since everyone would play round robin.

I suspect that is the Big 12’s plan too and we might as well beat the B12 to that.
I'm not sure that a 2nd team in eastern Washington buys you much even if they are elite in men's hoops. Big East media deal is about $5M per school even with UConn, Nova and a bunch of huge markets. I'm more thinking about expanding PACN carriage into new states without burdensome travel for Olympic sports.

Back