What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

these are LOUIS of our new conferrence:

i figure i will pair a pair of these with some king baby jewelry, a vivian westwood blazer, and an LV man-purse.

they are going to LOVE me in waco.
Hell yeah brother

Btw anyone squarely blaming Kliavkoff for this is forgetting that this wouldn't have even been a potential issue except for Larry Scott's Colossal mismanagement. GK did the best he could with the absolute **** hand he had been dealt
Also blame the tv networks for making it a cash grab.

kingpin GIF

Yeah. On the impact of those donor connections, all we really know is that the Champions Center got built (completed in 2015) and that we went from unable to fire Dan Hawkins in 2009 to being able to fire Dorrell and hire Sanders in 2022.
Ok so what! One of the wealthiest alums lives in tx.

Think it’s going to be ASU. ESPN’s gonna want Phoenix over Tucson.
I'd be more than fine with that.

My ideal (buckle up folks), is that we end up with 18 teams in 3 pods of 6 teams.

Play the 5 teams in your region every year. Play 2/6 from the other 2 pods each year. That gives you a 9-game conference schedule.

For hoops, play everyone once and then your paired rival twice for 18 games. Then you have a couple "challenges" with the ACC, B1G & Big East along with having to schedule an early season tourney and another 6ish non-conference games.

Something like that while maintaining presence in the western states would be pretty much perfect for CU.

My ideal (buckle up folks), is that we end up with 18 teams in 3 pods of 6 teams.

Play the 5 teams in your region every year. Play 2/6 from the other 2 pods each year. That gives you a 9-game conference schedule.

For hoops, play everyone once and then your paired rival twice for 18 games. Then you have a couple "challenges" with the ACC, B1G & Big East along with having to schedule an early season tourney and another 6ish non-conference games.

Something like that while maintaining presence in the western states would be pretty much perfect for CU.
We should change your handle to BuffPod, or in the alternative, Podnik.

I want UofA for a couple of reasons.

1) That basketball conference would be INSANE
2) I already can't stand the wildcats and could see a little rivalry build there without the Sun Devils tagging along.

I knew you were not ready to give up on UNLV just yet.

I am glad that after all this time @Buffnik was proved correct in what he heard from his sources
His sources heard it from ITB who read the dark web and spent hours a day deciphering clues to figure out that in this coin flip scenario we would be moving to the B12 and it would be announced three months ago two months ago last month at B12 media days at P12 media days this week TODAY!

Btw anyone squarely blaming Kliavkoff for this is forgetting that this wouldn't have even been a potential issue except for Larry Scott's Colossal mismanagement. GK did the best he could with the absolute **** hand he had been dealt
Might be true.

And it looks like CU waited as long as they could for any deal to get made…. All the way through PAC12 media days… where clearly no numbers at all were even sketched in pencil on a napkin…

CU needs to get paid real conference money. RG has been spending—now—like we are going to be a real team. We have built the facilities. We can’t sit around hoping AppleTV becomes the next 90’s ESPN.

We need a paycheck that has serious zeros at the end.

I could care less if we ever play Stanford, Cal, Arizona, ASU, or OSU again. I never felt any sense of PAC12 energy or rivalry. I did enjoy kicking Oregon’s ass—once.

Back