What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

How's the cross-country in the Big XII? Water polo? This conference sucks.
Cry about it if you want but you're still in it. And it's been alot more successful than you or the Pac 12 since you left.
no-crawlingback.gif

What would you all think if the last three to the BIG12 were Arizona, Oregon and Washington ?
That would be a very fun conference. Plus screws over Utah. Oregon and Washington gotta see that a BIG invite isn't coming this cycle. Everyone needs to understand no individual school is running the show. If anyone wants to swing their pecker, they can be left out for all I care. For the first time in it's history the Big XII is functional and I want to keep it that way.

FSU to the Big12... why not, rivalry!!!!

FSU fits so well with the SEC. Gulf Coast and fan support is so similar. I think they're a much more natural fit there while Miami feels more like a B1G school if they were to leave.

Half the ACC is actively looking to depart from the ACC. If all the smart guy lawyers who have assuredly gone through every word of the GOR to find a loophole haven't been able to find one by now, it doesn't exist.

If the Big10 won't take them, you think they won't jump the line over UA, ASU, and UU?

This is no longer about what they want or would prefer. This is about there being no more options.
Unlike Colorado, Oregon and Washington have been in actual talks with the B1G recently. The prospect of them getting a bid is real. Based on that, they’ll hold out and make due with whatever P12 arrangement they have until the invite comes. We would do the exact same thing if we were getting the same signals they were getting from the B1G.

If the Big10 won't take them, you think they won't jump the line over UA, ASU, and UU?

This is no longer about what they want or would prefer. This is about there being no more options.
They will make a play to the Pac-9 for an unequal share and all other policies in their favor for them to become leaders of the conference and get special treatment in exchange for holding it together for all those whose other options are worse.

I will be shocked if the Pac stays together, UO & UW are part of it, and there's an equal revenue share with a strong GOR.

Unlike Colorado, Oregon and Washington have been in actual talks with the B1G recently. The prospect of them getting a bid is real. Based on that, they’ll hold out and make due with whatever P12 arrangement they have until the invite comes. We would do the exact same thing if we were getting the same signals they were getting from the B1G.
They have been told NO by the Big10. Fox isn't going to give them more money if they add UO and UW.

So you are telling me Oregon and Washington are going to take $20M a year and be relegated to Apple TV for 90% of their games for the next 6 years on the hope that the B1G invites them next time around?

I don't think so.

They have been told NO by the Big10. Fox isn't going to give them more money if they add UO and UW.

So you are telling me Oregon and Washington are going to take $20M a year and be relegated to Apple TV for 90% of their games for the next 6 years on the hope that the B1G invites them next time around?

I don't think so.
They absolutely are going to go for that. You’re missing the unequal playoff revenue part in this equation. Those two + Utah have very little competition going forward w/ Prime out of the picture.

Well I’m calling my shot. If Oregon and Washington join the B12 I’ll delete this account and my Twitter account.
I mean, the odds are definitely in your favor on this, but there shouldn't be anything definitive being said about realignment at this point... Except for the ACC GOR. That **** is iron clad until someone can point to anything that suggests there might be a way out of it.

I mean, the odds are definitely in your favor on this, but there shouldn't be anything definitive being said about realignment at this point... Except for the ACC GOR. That **** is iron clad until someone can point to anything that suggests there might be a way out of it.
Only way out is to get 7 schools to vote to dissolve.

FSU
Clemson
VT
UNC
Miami, maybe...

Still 2 short.

Via SportsLine oddsmakers: Which school will be the next to accept an invite to the Big 12?

• Arizona +300
  • Arizona State +400
  • Utah +600
  • UConn +700
  • Gonzaga +1200
  • San Diego State +1500
  • Memphis +2000

They will make a play to the Pac-9 for an unequal share and all other policies in their favor for them to become leaders of the conference and get special treatment in exchange for holding it together for all those whose other options are worse.

I will be shocked if the Pac stays together, UO & UW are part of it, and there's an equal revenue share with a strong GOR.
If UW and UO stay, it is because they are getting over on everyone else with an unequal share and every other perk they desire. The P12-3 simply cannot say no now.

SC and UCLA did a number on the P12 and now it is every team for themselves. CU leaving doesn't kill it, but it puts the P12-3 on the critical list. They can't afford UO or UW leaving, they might, underline might, survive if UA leaves, but that would be a very close call.

Back