What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Hey, it just occurred to me that I don’t know where our new conference HQ is located. Did they keep it in Dallas even after UT and OU bolted?

Years and years ago FSU/Clemson were rumored to the B12. I see nothing to suggest it would happen now.

It would be a grand slam to add UA/UW/UO to the B12 and shut the door. So the rumors are: ESPN: Up to 16 P5 pro rata. Fox: Up to 14 P5 Pro Rata. I imagine Fox would go to 16 if it was UO/UW but that's just my impression.

I do kind of agree that OSU/WSU have a blue collar B12 feel but the UW in me says screw them both. The Apple Cup can be a non-conference.

There is plenty left for a solid G6 conference.

BTW Texas leaves and Colorado comes back. Hmm could those be related? Glad those assholes are gone.

Reports are 14.
It's called artifical supply control, and setting expectations correctly. I wouldn't read too much into those reports.

The Big12 is prepared to go to 16, they have been talking 4 corner schools for over a year. So the idea that just arbitrarily shut it down isnt quite correct.

Here is where this is heading. All the pressure is on AU. UO/UW are leveraging the Big12 for a Big10 invite. I think the next step for the Big XII is secure Arizona and get to 14.

If Arizona doesn't go then it's UCONN, and we only ever intended to go to 14.

If Arizona joins then. It's we are happy at 14, and letting the rest of the PaC12 scramble for a bit.

If UO/UW show up desperate (if Big 10 refuses them), which they will be, because I am hearing 19-21 mill a year to BigXII 31.5 million then UO/UW will jump on it and the Big XII, will be well it was an oppurtunity we couldn't pass up.

Same for ASU/UU. If the above scenario doesn't play out.

Again by setting the expectation at 14 , then there will be no disappointment if they don't get to 16, and won't be seen as weakness.

Hey, it just occurred to me that I don’t know where our new conference HQ is located. Did they keep it in Dallas even after UT and OU bolted?
Yes. Dallas (Irving) is the Sun and Waco, Stillwater, Ft. Worth, Houston, and Lubbock are the Inhabited Nearby Planets. So to speak.

Its not a game changer. Its a dog **** conference full of ****ty programs in boring states populated by fascism loving republicans. Outside of BBQ the food is awful too.
You're free to stop watching and posting at any time.

It's football, bub. You know, a fun thing to watch on a beautiful saturday afternoon that hopefully gets you away from politics and and all of that garbage. Viewing everything through the political lens must be exhausting.

The Big 12 wants a Phoenix market. I really don't have any idea if that is U of A or ASU alumni fan base in that city. BUt Phoenix is the biggest TV grab at 4.9 million people v. Seattle at about 4 million people.

UCONN is the B12's safety school.
If the Big XII is patient enough then this doesn't happen. I think Oregon is moving. They aren't going to take 19-21 million/year. If they are denied Big10 then I think they swallow thier pride and go to BigXII.

If Big 10 takes them, then we'll the scramble is on.

It's called artifical supply control, and setting expectations correctly. I wouldn't read too much into those reports.

The Big12 is prepared to go to 16, they have been talking 4 corner schools for over a year. So the idea that just arbitrarily shut it down isnt quite correct.

Here is where this is heading. All the pressure is on AU. UO/UW are leveraging the Big12 for a Big10 invite. I think the next step for the Big XII is secure Arizona and get to 14.

If Arizona joins then. It's we are happy at 14, and letting the rest of the PaC12 scramble for a bit.

If UO/UW show up desperate (if Big 10 refuses them), which they will be, because I am hearing 19-21 mill a year to BigXII 31.5 million then UO/UW will jump on it and the Big XII, will be well it was an oppurtunity we couldn't pass up.

Again by setting the expectation at 14 , then there will be no disappointment if they don't get to 16, and won't be seen as weakness.
Yep. Much more strategic to say that we're happy at 14 and if that addition is UConn. Puts a hell of a lot more pressure than saying we want 3 more if they're from the Pac.

The Big 12 wants a Phoenix market. I really don't have any idea if that is U of A or ASU alumni fan base in that city. BUt Phoenix is the biggest TV grab at 4.9 million people v. Seattle at about 4 million people.
At this point, the B12's numbers will not go up, they are just handing out pro rata shares best case scenario. So, who they get means as much as how many TV's. Therefore, Oregon is the answer you are looking for. The B12 needs to shore up their roster to look like they are the third best conference. Oregon is the best play for that right now.

If the Big XII is patient enough then this doesn't happen. I think Oregon is moving. They aren't going to take 19-21 million/year. If they are denied Big10 then I think they swallow thier pride and go to BigXII.

UCONN is the we failed to get anybody from the Pac option. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Going after Oregon is not congruent with increasing the TV market because they have significantly less population than Arizona, Colorado and Washington. The Big 10 TV deal is all about population. The best markets available are Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle (unless they go Notre Dame). If the Big 10 didn't take an Arizona school, Washington, or Colorado, then they aren't going after Oregon.

I just don't see it.

Yep. I get that concept. May be at play. Fox and ESPN may have the money. And may not.

I'm learning that the new model cares more about fan engagement than before. UA has boosters who stepped up for NIL at like 8X what ASU boosters did. They also outdraw ASU by a bit with a higher % of capacity. Then there's basketball which UA actually has enough juice with its support to move the needle like KU does on the value of conference broadcast rights.

As far as home metro market, UA is going to get you in-market rates for the entire state of AZ so it's not all that relevant of a distinction between the schools on that.

Last, if you get one of them then adding the second becomes much less of a needle mover and may actually reduce revenue for other members to cut another piece of the pie.

I'm learning that the new model cares more about fan engagement than before. UA has boosters who stepped up for NIL at like 8X what ASU boosters did. They also outdraw ASU by a bit with a higher % of capacity. Then there's basketball which UA actually has enough juice with its support to move the needle like KU does on the value of conference broadcast rights.

As far as home metro market, UA is going to get you in-market rates for the entire state of AZ so it's not all that relevant of a distinction between the schools on that.

Last, if you get one of them then adding the second becomes much less of a needle mover and may actually reduce revenue for other members to cut another piece of the pie.
Exactly. If it all revolved around how many TV sets there were the Pac would add Azusa Pacific and be back in the LA market. I mean, they did have Christian Okoye.

So what your saying is...

CSU ain't getting offered! :ROFLMAO:

Going after Oregon is not congruent with increasing the TV market because they have significantly less population than Arizona, Colorado and Washington. The Big 10 TV deal is all about population. The best markets available are Phoenix, Denver, and Seattle (unless they go Notre Dame). If the Big 10 didn't take an Arizona school, Washington, or Colorado, then they aren't going after Oregon.

I just don't see it.
Like Nebraska, Oregon has a premium national brand. Ducks have done one hell of a job getting radio and sports bar partnerships all over the country. The state itself is #27 in population and trending to pass KY and LA in the next Census.

Speaking of population data, CO should very soon be passing WI to move into the Top 20.

I just don't see it.
B1G wants Washinton more. Oregon may actually be quite a bit lower on the B1G want list.

However, I don't think Oregon is going to stay in the PAC12 . They will go Big XII before that happens.

Yep, just listen to Klatt from yesterday. CFB $$ has moved away from an emphasis on population size of the metro area and quantity of inventory and is now almost entirely focused on quality of inventory. One reason I believe the B1G and SEC aren't done expanding is because there are still far too many low quality games week to week.

On a slightly separate note, instead of kicking teams out of current conferences, I think we could see slightly new conferences formed and membership being invite only, which would give the current top half or two thirds of the B1G and SEC the ability to leave the leaches like Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Vandy, Miss State, etc.

Like Nebraska, Oregon has a premium national brand. Ducks have done one hell of a job getting radio and sports bar partnerships all over the country. The state itself is #27 in population and trending to pass KY and LA in the next Census.

Speaking of population data, CO should very soon be passing WI to move into the Top 20.

If someone other than Oregon is B12 member #14, it is only because Oregon said no twice.

I think the crappiest pundit take I have read is “can you believe CU who hasn’t been good in forever can go power to power?” Can’t remember where I read it…

The best brands left are uo and uw. If the big won’t take them now, they are going to be choosing between less money with the new pac or go b12.

I think the narrative that until another pac school bolts the pac can survive is a pretty disrespectful take. CU out punches its recent suckiness on ratings and attendance and that is before the landing of Coach Prime.

more is going to happen now.

Yep, just listen to Klatt from yesterday. CFB $$ has moved away from an emphasis on population size of the metro area and quantity of inventory and is now almost entirely focused on quality of inventory. One reason I believe the B1G and SEC aren't done expanding is because there are still far too many low quality games week to week.

On a slightly separate note, instead of kicking teams out of current conferences, I think we could see slightly new conferences formed and membership being invite only, which would give the current top half or two thirds of the B1G and SEC the ability to leave the leaches like Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue, Vandy, Miss State, etc.
So what you're saying is, greed is good.

Back