What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

My point is exactly what I said. Few people east of the Hudson care much about college football. Being the “dominant” football program in Pennsylvania is equivalent to being MSU or Georgia Tech.

And yes, **** Penn State as hard as Baylor.
This discussion just ignores reality - In 2021, Penn State had the 4th highest television ratings in College Football, ahead of Georgia and behind Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan. You want to know why the B1G is so valuable to the media companies - they have brands that draw viewers. As discussed all over the place, in todays new media environments it is about brands that draw fan engagement. If in reality no one care then Penn State would not be #4.

I've visited maybe 12 D1 stadiums as a fan of the visiting team, wearing the away team's colors and rooting loudly against the home team.

My trip to BYU as a Wisconsin fan stands out as my most positive experience.

Literally, at least three groups of BYU fans greeted us warmly on the walk to the stadium. "Wisconsin fans! Glad you're here... Hope you enjoy Provo.. have a great time!" Same thing after the game at dinner.

Tailgating was fine but maybe dryer than usual.

And I didn't realize that the ice cream was a tradition, but thought it was awesome on a hot September afternoon. I remember the dude who gave us our ice cream looked just like Steven Covey.

I'll tip my hat to BYU fans, if they're using home football games as an opportunity to project a positive image of their church/ school/ fanbase -- they're doing a great job. "Classy NU fans" should take notes.

I look forward to returning there for CU games.
You are not doing this right.

I have no list. With these destinations, it's about going to a CU road game because something's on the line for winning a championship. None of these are places I'd choose to go for a weekend getaway irrespective of CU sports.
The only list for me would be if Arizona, Oregon and Washington join us.

I think the biggest travel impact will be CU getting a lot more flights from Cali to Denver to see home games.

You can't make this up: BYU passes out free cups of the city's best ice cream to fans sitting in the visitors section. Which is absolutely the most ridiculously lame/ Ned Flanders thing I've ever heard of... but you damn well better believe I'm getting my scoop of Cookies and Cream.
Great opportunity for a Guinness float.

The only list for me would be if Arizona, Oregon and Washington join us.

I think the biggest travel impact will be CU getting a lot more flights from Cali to Denver to see home games.
On that note, our SoCal fans would be most likely to road trip to games in AZ so adding a Big 12 member there would be good for CU. And I definitely think this boosts home attendance (more CU fans traveling in and visiting teams whose teams travel better). We're going to sell out capacity this season despite most visitors only bringing 1-2k fans.

I know there is more B12 news coming but it's a good time to recall an important fact:

The Big 12 owns the Big 16 trademark and Yormack is working on a rebrand of the conference. We might very well be playing in the B16 next year.
Who owns the Big 20 and Big 24 trademarks???

I have no list. With these destinations, it's about going to a CU road game because something's on the line for winning a championship. None of these are places I'd choose to go for a weekend getaway irrespective of CU sports.

Too narrow of scope. Stay in a nearby enough town and go to the game. Like staying in Newport Beach and going to the Rose Bowl for a game.

Dallas is a fun town. Great food, plenty to do.

Park City is gorgeous and an island of life in a salt desert.

1690735118654.png
The More You Know Nice Try GIF by reactionseditor

You're crazy if you can't enjoy an away game at BYU. Big stadium, good crowd, friendly people, good atmosphere, then you've got Salt Lake City next door and more hiking/ mountains/ outdoors opportunities within an hour than you could know what to do with.

Too narrow of scope. Stay in a nearby enough town and go to the game. Like staying in Newport Beach and going to the Rose Bowl for a game.

Newport to Pasadena? Hell that would take you 21/2 hrs on a geed day!

I suppose. I mean, Lawrence is a nice college town and I can tie it in with a food road trip for BBQ in KC. Most destinations in the Big 12, even if not vacation spots, do offer some fun stuff to do in proximity to campus.

It's not like I stayed in Palo Alto to go to a Stanford game. We spent most of our time in Half Moon Bay and Sausalito, then drove over for the game. I'll find stuff to have a good weekend trip which goes beyond a football game and makes it something my fam is more excited about doing. I'm not one to travel for buddy road trips with the guys any more.

I suppose. I mean, Lawrence is a nice college town and I can tie it in with a food road trip for BBQ in KC. Most destinations in the Big 12, even if not vacation spots, do offer some fun stuff to do in proximity to campus.

It's not like I stayed in Palo Alto to go to a Stanford game. We spent most of our time in Half Moon Bay and Sausalito, then drove over for the game. I'll find stuff to have a good weekend trip which goes beyond a football game and makes it something my fam is more excited about doing. I'm not one to travel for buddy road trips with the guys any more.

For Orlando you could stay in Miami or NYC and fly in and out on gameday.

You're crazy if you can't enjoy an away game at BYU. Big stadium, good crowd, friendly people, good atmosphere, then you've got Salt Lake City next door and more hiking/ mountains/ outdoors opportunities within an hour than you could know what to do with.
I'll go. I think that would be a fun trip. The Sprinter van and my mountain bikes will be ready.

Edit: I'd rather do that then drive to Lawrence any day.

Is this the thread where we complain about Orlando?

I will go to watch the Buffs in some ****ty places and I will have fun doing it.

However, one of my life goals is to never, ever visit Orlando again. I will not travel to Orlando to watch the Buffs. In fact, the only situation in which I could imagine flying into that ****ing piece of **** place they call a ****ing airport and disembarking into that human hellscape again, is if someone I loved was kidnapped and that was a term of the ransom. And even then, maybe they had a good run...

I will go to watch the Buffs in some ****ty places and I will have fun doing it.

However, one of my life goals is to never, ever visit Orlando again. I will not travel to Orlando to watch the Buffs. In fact, the only situation in which I could imagine flying into that ****ing piece of **** place they call a ****ing airport and disembarking into that human hellscape again, is if someone I loved was kidnapped and that was a term of the ransom. And even then, maybe they had a good run...
Can’t believe you’d insult a national championship program like that.

someone hurt you in orlando? that is the makings of a fine country song.

i do not love orlando or the airport but i find it to be very similar to a lot airport/toursit locations throughout the country--- sanitized, uniform, muzak playing in the background, some ****ty overpriced restaurants trying hard to pretend to be edgy, and so forth.

i do understand hating disney although de santis has made me a huge disney fan.

all in all, if you were transported through time to one of the those big ass malls in the 80s, and you looked around, you would likely wonder if you were in orlando.

apologies in advance to @FlaBuff as i do wish to be invited for bbq.

Back