What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Maybe the same reasons the BIG took UCLA - boxing out every other conference from a large media market. UCLA doesn’t really provide anything meaningful that they don’t get from USC.
Except that part where they lock down the broadcast day in the #2 TV market in the US on behalf of their paymasters for the Big Ten. Advertisers love that. And Insuring that that other former conference is far less likely to be on over them.

If the Big Ten expands again, as rumor seems to slowly be building for, picking up FSU, Clemson UW and UO they effectively cock block the BXII too. I wonder If that were to happen does that impact the pro rata for the BXII to add 3 more schools. Or just 1 more.

Watching BigTV devour one conference after another should bring no joy to anyone. Regulation is needed.

Last edited:
Some rumors saying they have negotiated down a buyout or whatever. There’s not reason why ESPN would let those two programs walk out of their control. I could see it to the SEC to an extent, but not ESPNs competitors

I saw that rumor too and it's that FSU's total buyout would be $300 million. OTOH MHver is saying there's nothing to the FSU/Clemson to the B1G rumors. So take it all FWIW.

My guess is that Arizona to the Big 12 gets announced today or tomorrow and that's the end of conference movement for now. Although I don't understand why UO and UW would stay in the Pac but it seems to be leaning that way.

I saw that rumor too and it's that FSU's total buyout would be $300 million. OTOH MHver is saying there's nothing to the FSU/Clemson to the B1G rumors. So take it all FWIW.

My guess is that Arizona to the Big 12 gets announced today or tomorrow and that's the end of conference movement for now. Although I don't understand why UO and UW would stay in the Pac but it seems to be leaning that way.
Why would the ACC negotiate a lower buyout for FSU to leave? Did Clemson get the same sweetheart deal? ESPN owns all media revenue rights for those teams over the next 13 years. There’s zero incentive for either entity to let this happen, which is why it’s not going to.

Arizona has to make the move.

As much as they value basketball, the Pac-12 losing UCLA & USC makes it almost impossible to stay for that reason alone.

Why would the ACC negotiate a lower buyout for FSU to leave? Did Clemson get the same sweetheart deal? ESPN owns all media revenue rights for those teams over the next 13 years. There’s zero incentive for either entity to let this happen, which is why it’s not going to.
The ESPN channel contract with the ACC isn't public, but you may be crediting ESPN with more power than they have.

The ACC owns the rights of each school. The conference as an entity has a contract with ESPN. AFAIK, ESPN doesn't have a contract with any individual school.

I do agree that the clearest path to an exit for FSU is a negotiation that includes all three parties. But, if FSU gets out of the GoR somehow (reminder that none of those have ever been tested in court), I believe the ACC will be in breach of contract, not FSU.

Last edited:

video game thumbs up GIF by Bethesda

fallout shelter documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

nuclear explosion bomb GIF

No idea what kind of connections this guys has, so take it with a grain of salt. He claims to be a WVU insider and his info tracks with other rumors and info we have all seen through this process.

So we were in limbo for +12 months but 3 business days after we leave there’s a media deal. Does that make any sense?

They worked through the details for a deal that no longer includes the marquee brand of the off-season and major metro in essentially a few hours. Sounds like b.s. or a disaster. If true the presidents should be furious it took having CU leave to make this happen so fast.

So we were in limbo for +12 months but 3 business days after we leave there’s a media deal. Does that make any sense?

They worked through the details for a deal that no longer includes the marquee brand of the off-season and major metro in essentially a few hours. Sounds like b.s. or a disaster. If true the presidents should be furious it took having CU leave to make this happen so fast.
Oh, I believe it could be true. That GK maybe on the final hotseat to present numbers, and those numbers won't be good in any way, this forcing the hands of any members thinking of jumping.

I expect the PAC to be down to at least 8 teams by end of the week. Beyond that...well, then I really would be talking out of my ass.

The other possibility was that Wilner was right:

For all the clicks that CU has driven in the last 8 months and for all of the conversation surrounding one school (or at least one coach), the PAC was just waiting for CU to leave so that they could FINALLY attract a sweetheart media deal.

The other possibility was that Wilner was right:

For all the clicks that CU has driven in the last 8 months and for all of the conversation surrounding one school (or at least one coach), the PAC was just waiting for CU to leave so that they could FINALLY attract a sweetheart media deal.
I hope you really don't believe that.

Oh, I believe it could be true. That GK maybe on the final hotseat to present numbers, and those numbers won't be good in any way, this forcing the hands of any members thinking of jumping.

I expect the PAC to be down to at least 8 teams by end of the week. Beyond that...well, then I really would be talking out of my ass.
$20 million per school and 100% Apple has been the rumors.

No, sounds like this has been the rough deal for a while now but CU was 1 of 4 that refused because it isnt good enough.

No, sounds like this has been the rough deal for a while now but CU was 1 of 4 that refused because it isnt good enough.
CU (and probably Arizona, ASU and Utah) have known for a long time, they have a $31.7m/year payday and ESPN and FOX as a fall back. When Kliavkoff is presenting low to mid $20m/year and mostly Apple TV, there has been no incentive for those programs to accept anything less.

That's what I'm seeing this morning from UA people. Their reaction is that if university leadership takes almost $12M per year less with less accessible broadcasts that it is a complete dereliction of duty.
What does that do to UA basketball?

That program gets left in a conference with no good basketball brands, the AD gets $12m/year less, and is only accessed on Apple TV. I think that has the possibility of relegated that program to mid pretty quickly

Back