What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I see the DC market as the biggest metro area in the Southeast that the SEC doesn't already own. WVU would give the SEC more of a presence in the WMA than any of those other schools.
I don't think many people in DC care about WVU. Morgantown is closer to Pittsburg than DC. And WVU definitely doesn't give the SEC in-market carriage rates for DC. There are a bunch of network affiliates in WV.

correct. altho our new truck stop 12 brethren do not value wine and cheese, apparently.

perhaps if there were a way to deep-fry it, cover it in gravy, and top it with powdered sugar they would be more receptive?

I don't think many people in DC care about WVU. Morgantown is closer to Pittsburg than DC. And WVU definitely doesn't give the SEC in-market carriage rates for DC. There are a bunch of network affiliates in WV.

both our posts can be true. I believe the more WVU alums end up in the DC area than anywhere else (not immediately finding the numbers). Proximity to Morgantown isn't terribly relevant to this discussion, as the state flagship school is going to pull students from all over the state.

star wars hate GIF

😂😂😂

*loses

I see this account posted here really frequently -- does he have any legit credibility? is he relevant in the sports world at all?
He's an elite youth football coach from Georgia with the legal authority of a notary public who is winning at life by owning not only a sweet Ford Taurus but also a deluxe waterbed he didn't even need to finance.

He's an elite youth football coach from Georgia with the legal authority of a notary public who is winning at life by owning not only a sweet Ford Taurus but also a deluxe waterbed he didn't even need to finance.
that was my takeaway from the posts i've seen and his profile. not getting why he's so often re-posted.

correct. altho our new truck stop 12 brethren do not value wine and cheese, apparently.

perhaps if there were a way to deep-fry it, cover it in gravy, and top it with powdered sugar they would be more receptive?
Hey now. Mad Dog & Cheez-its count!

maybe tangentially relevant

Sports and news programming will be coming “soon” to Max, according to Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav.

The categories “are important. They’re differentiators. They’re compelling,” he said on the company’s second-quarter earnings call with Wall Street analysts. “They make these platforms come alive. If you’re on an SVOD platform and something is going on in the world and you can see it, it makes that platform really alive. So you will hear from us on that. Soon.”

link

I hate that argument. The Pac 12 had multiple opportunities to stick a fork in the Big 12, and they chose not to.
Agree it’s not manipulation. It’s merely seeing the return on one investment bs another. Simple business math.

it is clear to me that our stay in the b12 was just for a matter of days and we are now headed to the sec to be paired with wvu as our travel partner.

it all makes total sense.
Let's say that the SEC took 4 ACC schools along with CU, KU, UA and Utah to go to 24.

We'd be grouped in the Western 12 with them plus OU, UT, aTm, Mizzou, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss and MSU. (Or a 6-team division which added OU & Mizzou to that other 4).

Not a bad fantasy hypothetical.

Agree it’s not manipulation. It’s merely seeing the return on one investment bs another. Simple business math.
To me, Pac 12 shills (you know who you are) are basically the people making that argument. Same group who ignores the gross mismanagement of this conference dating back to about the time we joined it.

I see the DC market as the biggest metro area in the Southeast that the SEC doesn't already own. WVU would give the SEC more of a presence in the WMA than any of those other schools.

Charlotte is the biggest city in the Southeast that the SEC doesn't own, depending on one's definition of the Southeast. Although the SEC does already have a big presence there with the SEC Network based there and an SEC school closer than all but 1 ACC school and even that's only a 10 mile difference.

Charlotte is the biggest city in the Southeast that the SEC doesn't own, depending on one's definition of the Southeast. Although the SEC does already have a big presence there with the SEC Network based there and an SEC school closer than all but 1 ACC school and even that's only a 10 mile difference.
you're closer than me, but I always thought USC had a strong presence in Charlotte.

To me, Pac 12 shills (you know who you are) are basically the people making that argument. Same group who ignores the gross mismanagement of this conference dating back to about the time we joined it.
predator monopolists always blame their victims.

Daniel Day Lewis GIF

the networks have the acc teams locked up at like half of what an sec share would be.

the networks have the b12 locked up at a big discount compared to the sec and big.

the networks will have to pony up MORE money for any pac adds to the big, instead of just waiting to do a cheeper deal with the new pac...

yeah, this is all happening now.

It can be both. There was obvious mismanagement that made it easier for the networks to manipulate the conference out of existence.

Back