What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Well, almost isn't the same as doing something. More importantly, Cincinnati just took a massive step down at the head coach position and they are moving up to a much better league. All sorts of reasons to discount the first year or five of a G5-to-P5 team.
You’re right. My bad. Cincy did better against the eventual national champion than TCU did.

I wonder how much of a hit Oregon and UW would take to get into the B1G versus what the B12 would offer? 0? 5? 10 million?

Cause the B1G has them by the balls.
The max they’ll get is $30ish million, which would be a half share. That’s before their upcoming required payouts to Wazzu and Oregon State, before their huge increases in travel expenses, and likely recalibrated coaching salaries (i.e. escalators tied to salaries relative to other league members). My guess is that their overall deficit from current expenditures with a B1G move is anywhere from $50 to $100 million per year. I guess it would also depend on if they decide to cut some non rev sports too. If they get relatively aggressive, they could cap their deficit from current expenditures at $25 to $30 million per year.

I hope the end game is basically that we have 8 regional "conferences" of 8 teams, all competing under the same rules with a scheduling and playoff matrix, and all of us under a revenue system that provides a somewhat level playing field for competitive balance.

You know, pretty much how CFB was 35 years ago but with certain issues improved or fixed.

The same year 90% of Allbuffers were born?

Does anyone like Utah?

Lets Go Lol GIF by SoCheers

Except that the ACC situation is not sustainable, even until the end of the current media deal.

Things that are not sustainable don't.
Right but their deal is with Disney. It would be completely shocking if they don’t have clauses built into the agreements related to individual school liabilty for breaking the contract or conference dissolution.

to vote to dissolve, i would presume the acc needs a certain number of member votes and i would guess that number is more teams than the sec would actually like to poach and more teams that the networks don't want to pay for.

so, they would likely have to "buy" some votes to dissolve from less desirable members ... do they get into the sec? at full share?

it is an interesting path you laid out.
Doesn’t that sound an awful lot like a conspiracy / collusion to break the contract with very real harms to Syracuse, Wake, and BC that they could sue everyone for?

Back