What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Why would ESPN care when they didn’t care enough to bid on P12 but now they want OSU and WSU. I could maybe see a point if they want to throw Cal a lifeline to stay in California. Were they just thinking they could roll the dice and pick the P12 up on the cheap and didn’t think it would actually fall apart?
Because they thought maybe they could get Oregon and Washington for premium west coast time zone content and now they might have ti resort to WSU and OSU

So it’s going to take 3 years for Oregon and Washington to make in the B1G what CU is making in the Big 12, and their deficit to Indiana and Rutgers is around $40m/year.

I guess a seat at the big table has some value but man, spending some years dominating the Big 12 sounds better than going 6-6 in the B1G
Bird in hand.

Everyone pontificating about the inevitable B10 and SEC supremacy….. 6 years is plenty of time for a bad commissioner, market forces, or a mix of both to turn it all upside down.

The P12 looked to be the superpower of the 2010s with its industry leading deal and visionary commissioner. We know how that worked out.

Give us the money and a chance to compete with a lot of exposure. Those are guarantees that we can make the best of if we try

So it’s going to take 3 years for Oregon and Washington to make in the B1G what CU is making in the Big 12, and their deficit to Indiana and Rutgers is around $40m/year.

I guess a seat at the big table has some value but man, spending some years dominating the Big 12 sounds better than going 6-6 in the B1G
The way I read this, if it's total distribution, they will not be making what cu does thru the entire length of their current contract. In fact, by 2030, CU could be pulling in close to $10mill more than them with far less travel costs and issues.

disgusted excuse me GIF

The way I read this, if it's total distribution, they will not be making what cu does thru the entire length of their current contract. In fact, by 2030, CU could be pulling in close to $10mill more than them with far less travel costs and issues.
I assume that’s just media rights, but maybe

Wow. That’s incredible. So 7 years of making ~$70m/year less than their conference peers. Is that really worth it?
McMurphy was saying there might be some sort of loan component from the conference to get them closer to 40 million per year to help address travel.

If the current B1G per school total distributions are close to $100m/year, and Oregon and UW are at $30m…

Not sure what the expected total distributions are expected to be though
ORWA will surely participate in total distribution, not merely the reduced media revs. Maybe better comparison is media shares only at this point.

ORWA will surely participate in total distribution, not merely the reduced media revs. Maybe better comparison is media shares only at this point.
The tweets out there right now make it sound like total distributions will be $30m/year +$1m each year.

Even if they do get upwards of $50m/year, that’s still $40-50m/year deficit over the next 7 years.

one of the few things that might save college football is a limit on how much NIL money any team could spend per year.
w/o that you have an NFL feeder league, and have to figure out where the other 110 teams fit.

So all you folks lamenting the loss of P12 culture now have a lifeline. Roadies to Corvallis, Pullman, Tempe, Tucson and SLC. Cultural fit out the Wazzu. Of course, you don't get the Bay Area or L.A., but L.A. already dumped you. But hurrah for the best of both worlds. A stable conference (for now), cash money on the table, truck stops, half of the previously mentioned cultural fit, more Mormons, a H-Town to boot.

It's good to be a Buff.
La, SF and Sea were 3 of best 4 roadies.

The tweets out there right now make it sound like total distributions will be $30m/year +$1m each year.

Even if they do get upwards of $50m/year, that’s still $40-50m/year deficit over the next 7 years.
I don’t see those tweets. The B1G rev distribution was 58M to 11 of the 14 teams in FY22. I’m not sure where you are getting 100M.

I don’t see those tweets. The B1G rev distribution was 58M to 11 of the 14 teams in FY22. I’m not sure where you are getting 100M.
BIG will get to 100m eventually from everything I've seen, but not in the first handful of years. Either way, UO/UW are going to be way, way behind the rest of their league financially.

I'd like to think you'd say yes in every scenario if you were CU in regards to a BIG offer, but with the distribution UO/UW is getting with the media deal, I think CU is in a better situation. A lot can change in 5-7 years.

Back