What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Season 1 Smh GIF by BET Plus

Visiting my parents in McCall, ID this weekend and while at the 19th hole after some golf (shoulder is getting there!) I see some guy w/Wazzu gear on walk up to a table of his friends get greeted with -

"How's it going in the Pac-2?!?"

I snort-laughed and felt bad for him at the same time.

I have no idea why this guy says "everyone should be concerned" about this.

His point is that some G5 teams have done more than SMU on the field to deserve inclusion in a P5 conference, and that SMU doesn't because they haven't paid their dues but can afford to go without conference distributions for the rest of the contract.

It's a complete non issue as a precedent because the teams that he listed were already rewarded with P5 membership, and the list of non P5 teams that could afford to compete that the P5 without conference distributions is absurdly small. We might just be talking about SMU- I can't think of any other G5 schools that could self fund an AD at a P5 level with no distributions. I'm skeptical that SMU can do it.

I’d be more concerned that Harbaugh was tossing out suggestions of revenue sharing at his presser today. Not against revenue sharing but it really depends on how it’s implemented. If it’s on an individual conference or school basis than that is the nail in the coffin for the P2 breakaway from a competitive standpoint.

I wouldn’t say I’m concerned as much as eagerly awaiting the hilarity of SMU joining a conference with no media payout. Their overall record in the American is 57-64 and the one 10-win season only saw them finish third in the conference, their highest ever finish. I am down for some rich Texas oilmen to waste an additional $30 million each year so SMU can, at best, squeak out one conference win against Duke if they’re lucky.

long time ACC beat reporter for the Richmond Times-Dispatch. IMO, Teel is as credible as they come

note: this was posted before the UNC shooter news, which may very well change things

Also,

ACC presidents are scheduled to meet on a call Monday evening to discuss and potentially take action on expanding to add Cal, Stanford and SMU, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

link

I’d be more concerned that Harbaugh was tossing out suggestions of revenue sharing at his presser today. Not against revenue sharing but it really depends on how it’s implemented. If it’s on an individual conference or school basis than that is the nail in the coffin for the P2 breakaway from a competitive standpoint.

Revenue sharing means that players for programs like CSU have to pay up.

I find it odd that the NCAA has remained quiet throughout all this shuffling. I don't recall any comments from them at any point. Their silence has accelerated their eventual demise. My guess would be that the playoff/tournament committee will eventually supplant them in football/basketball and relegate them to governing non-revenue generating sports.

I find it odd that the NCAA has remained quiet throughout all this shuffling. I don't recall any comments from them at any point. Their silence has accelerated their eventual demise. My guess would be that the playoff/tournament committee will eventually supplant them in football/basketball and relegate them to governing non-revenue generating sports.

they are too busy denying transfer eligability.

They have no power in this. They were never intended to have power in these matters.

Don't they govern the students that play the sports? Seems to me that they would have plenty.
To an extent, yes. But they have zero power over the conferences. Never had that power, never was intended to have that power.

And when/if the P2 exit the NCAA, the NCAA will have no power over students in those conferences either.

It's like complaining the DOE isn't doing anything about teacher salaries in Kansas.

Apparently one faculty member killed.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs that no matter where you are in whole damn country, or anywhere in world for that matter, you've gotta keep your head on a ****ing swivel in public. I won't lie, I keep one of my guns in whichever ride I'm in under the front seat in a lock box, especially traveling. I have conceal to carry, but I don't use it. I might need to rethink that one.

I prefer this. Also, I think Stanford and SMU are allied. Less likely imo that Furd leaves SMU behind than they orchestrate a Pac-12 expansion through the AAC followed by a raid of the MWC when their exit fees go away.

Back