What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

According to data released by SNL Kagan last year, a bundle including Fox Sports 1 & 2 and the Big Ten Network costs pay TV operators $1.86 per subscriber, making it the second most expensive programming bundle behind Disney's ESPN networks family ($9.06).

As for the Pac-12 Network’s subscription fee, per Wilner, it checks in at just 13 cents per subscriber. Believe it or not, that’s an increase over three years ago, when the Pac-12 Network was pulling just 11 cents per subscriber.

It was $.30 in 2012.

Makes you realize it's not about how many people actually watch the games. It's the size of the market. The trend for cable is toward more subscription fee revenue and less ad revenue.

Los Angeles and Riverside = 17.6 million
Phoenix = 5 million
Seattle = 4 million
Denver = 3 million
Portland = 2.5 million
Salt Lake = 1.2 million

Makes you realize it's not about how many people actually watch the games. It's the size of the market. The trend for cable is toward more subscription fee revenue and less ad revenue.

This has been the driver. but I'm surprised that the streaming model hasn't yet moved the revenue needle more toward quality of content and fan interest.

No question-I mean I still pay whatever the subscriber fee for BTN is even though I only use it when I know Nebraska is losing.

The decision to have the Pac12 Network wholly operated, owned and without partners to bundle with was Larry Scotts biggest mistake. Had he not done that one thing this thread probably and a dozen others wouldnt exist.

No question-I mean I still pay whatever the subscriber fee for BTN is even though I only use it when I know Nebraska is losing.
Yeah about that... the first step to combatting addiction is admitting you have a problem. We're all worried about the amount of time you've spent watching the BTN network these last 5 years. It's like you've lost yourself, totally absorbed... trust us, we all understand, but there are other parts of life that need your attention and care, not just the BTN.

Yeah about that... the first step to combatting addiction is admitting you have a problem. We're all worried about the amount of time you've spent watching the BTN network these last 5 years. It's like you've lost yourself, totally absorbed... trust us, we all understand, but there are other parts of life that need your attention and care, not just the BTN.
Drunk Recovery GIF by Gifs Lab

I'm gonna start looking at the win totals next week. Staying off CU, but I'm definitely going over on Oklahoma (I think their total's 9) and under on the Nubs (as all of you should).
I saw an opening line of Oregon +17.5 at Georgia......That's interesting to say the least.

Anyone know the carriage rate on the PAC network?

I went to both KU and UW and I cannot tell you how much I hate the PAC network. And I live in Seattle.

I saw an opening line of Oregon +17.5 at Georgia......That's interesting to say the least.
Georgia's going to pound them. I think Lanning is a good coach for Oregon, but there's a reason why that team got nuked by Utah twice in three weeks last year.

The Answer?

I just caught the last 1:30 of the Women's Football Alliance championship game. The highlights looked like good line play and running backs - the passing games were weak, because the women throw like girls.
What better place in the US, than Boulder, for the 1st NCAA women's football team. So many great opportunites: 1st team, league and, hopefully, 1st national champions.

Go Buffs.

The Answer?

I just caught the last 1:30 of the Women's Football Alliance championship game. The highlights looked like good line play and running backs - the passing games were weak, because the women throw like girls.
What better place in the US, than Boulder, for the 1st NCAA women's football team. So many great opportunites: 1st team, league and, hopefully, 1st national champions.

Go Buffs.

Womens football? Nope.

The Answer?

Go Buffs.
As if the Fuskers wouldn’t jump all over this first. They would invent some bs streak and be even more obnoxious about it. Given the sheer number of burly women in Nebraska, we wouldn’t stand a chance.

So why exactly would Fox or ESPN not be interested in adding Seattle, Phoenix and Denver to one of the power leagues? You’d have to think by that logic we would add more value in objective terms than half the league.

That is a good point. You'd think that Denver would be better than those all important Des Moines and Lansing markets.

Because they don’t get 15x payout increases and it reduces the per school payout.
Maybe, I'm not saying it would be us getting in from the West, but I just find it hard to believe ESPN and Fox thinks its a good idea for USC/UCLA to be the only major CFB schools in their power leagues that are west of Austin. I dunno, maybe they have metrics that say that's all they need, but it seems dubious on its face. The NFL only has 32 teams, but those teams are well distributed to capture most of the major media markets and geographic regions of the country (with ironically some of the least representation in the Southeast). Outside of a few gaps I would assume the NFL franchise locations map pretty closely to the top 30 DMAs

This is where the sport is really screwed by the lack of any sort of governance where its just every conference out for themselves. I think we tend to attribute all these Machiavellian moves by the networks, but it may be they truly are just telling the conferences add X get Y, and we've ended up here because there is no long term plan.

Last edited:
Does anyone doubt that this dude regularly refers to himself as an “Alpha” un-ironically?
I don't. Alpha implies action, e.g., the alpha wolf eats first. It should only be used as a derivation because, as humans, our "alphaness" depends on the situation, ie, the "alpha" junior executive could get mogged by a pro athlete but a complete nobody could pwn both given the right situation

I am bro

Maybe, I'm not saying it would be us getting in from the West, but I just find it hard to believe ESPN and Fox thinks its a good idea for USC/UCLA to be the only major CFB schools in their power leagues that are west of Austin. I dunno, maybe they have metrics that say that's all they need, but it seems dubious on its face. The NFL only has 32 teams, but those teams are well distributed to capture most of the major media markets and geographic regions of the country (with ironically some of the least representation in the Southeast). Outside of a few gaps I would assume the NFL franchise locations map pretty closely to the top 30 DMAs

This is where the sport is really screwed by the lack of any sort of governance where its just every conference out for themselves. I think we tend to attribute all these Machiavellian moves by the networks, but it may be they truly are just telling the conferences add X get Y, and we've ended up here because there is no long term plan.
If teams can grow conference pools by major amounts and not dilute money, they’ll have a seat in expansion talks.

Because they don’t get 15x payout increases and it reduces the per school payout.
^This

It's not a matter of the state of Colorado and the Denver metro bringing more value than half the B1G programs. They do.

The issue is CU doesn't bring so much value that we're worth more than the current annual payout per member X 17.

Back