What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

One key thing about either joining the Big 12 with 3 others or as a full on merge of the 2 conferences is that Texas won’t be a part of it.

UT ruined the Big 12 just as Larry Scott and sleepy academic focused presidents killed the Pac 12.

Neither would be true in the combined league. It would still be the P2/M2-M3/G5, but I’d take it at this point.

But the B1G offers CU, jump and ask no questions.

I think it’s inevitable that the BIG takes ND, Oregon, Washington and possibly Stanford.

The top programs in the ACC also get poached and we eventually will have two 24 team major conferences. The timing of this could be a while so the meantime any permutation of the remaining PAC/Big12/ACC teams might be “relevant” but ultimately the herd will be culled and left out of the top tier.

It would be surprising to have an entire time zone left out so my hunch is ASU gets a seat, BYU (🤮), Utah and actually possibly CU. For mostly their regional TV relevance. Im not as pessimistic about the whole thing as I was a few days ago.

I think it’s inevitable that the BIG takes ND, Oregon, Washington and possibly Stanford.

The top programs in the ACC also get poached and we eventually will have two 24 team major conferences. The timing of this could be a while so the meantime any permutation of the remaining PAC/Big12/ACC teams might be “relevant” but ultimately the herd will be culled and left out of the top tier.

It would be surprising to have an entire time zone left out so my hunch is ASU gets a seat, BYU (🤮), Utah and actually possibly CU. For mostly their regional TV relevance. Im not as pessimistic about the whole thing as I was a few days ago.
Could just be hopium on my part, but I agree. The more I process this, the more I think cu gets into one of the major conferences (most likely the B1G). It’s easy to focus on how god awful we’ve been recently and ignore some good things we have to offer.

Beginning July 1, 2025, the Big 12 Conference will be comprised of 12 universities – Baylor, BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, and West Virginia. The additions jump the Big 12 footprint from five states and 40.2 million people, to eight states with over 76.5 million total inhabitants.

Beginning with the departure of usc and ucla, and assuming no oregon defection, the pac now consists of these 10: stanford, cal, oregon, osu, washington, wsu, CU, utah, asu, ua.

that is 22 total teams. probably gotta find 2 more to get to 24. then go regional divisions of 6.

i don't totally hate this but the cultural and educational differences in this conference of strange bedfellows is truly epic.

and personally i think i am going to have to attend the very first stanford visit to morgantown and the first cal visit to baylor. this **** is laying out to be a tragic-comedy.

What is that Kelly or Keli or whatever her name is tweeting? Is this the big thing she was talking about because it sure doesn’t feel like it is.

Beginning July 1, 2025, the Big 12 Conference will be comprised of 12 universities – Baylor, BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, and West Virginia. The additions jump the Big 12 footprint from five states and 40.2 million people, to eight states with over 76.5 million total inhabitants.

Beginning with the departure of usc and ucla, and assuming no oregon defection, the pac now consists of these 10: stanford, cal, oregon, osu, washington, wsu, CU, utah, asu, ua.

that is 22 total teams. probably gotta find 2 more to get to 24. then go regional divisions of 6.

i don't totally hate this but the cultural and educational differences in this conference of strange bedfellows is truly epic.

and personally i think i am going to have to attend the very first stanford visit to morgantown and the first cal visit to baylor. this **** is laying out to be a tragic-comedy.

I wonder if Furd and/or Cal would even want to take part in that conference? I can see them saying no ****ing way are we associating ourselves with Bailer and BYU

Could just be hopium on my part, but I agree. The more I process this, the more I think cu gets into one of the major conferences (most likely the B1G). It’s easy to focus on how god awful we’ve been recently and ignore some good things we have to offer.
I laughed because this statement is idiotic. If you wanna laugh about players being paid when we were actually good, go on then.

I laughed because this statement is idiotic. If you wanna laugh about players being paid when we were actually good, go on then.
I just gave you a counter laugh. That wasn’t really directed at your content. What do you see as idiotic? I think players have always deserved a piece of the pie and understand the reality of college football then and now.

This Is Fine GIF

I just gave you a counter laugh. That wasn’t really directed at your content. What do you see as idiotic? I think players have always deserved a piece of the pie and understand the reality of college football then and now.
That Colorado has anything to offer the Big 10…

They're not taking Stanford.

That Colorado has anything to offer the Big 10…
As we have all discussed capitalism is driving 95% of this. Not history, not geography, etc. Capitalism also requires constant growth. Cu offers access to the mountain time zone and one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. Is that as attractive as Los Angeles? Of course not. But there isn’t another market like LA to sustain your constant growth. I think places like Seattle and Denver might be your next best options. If media markets don’t matter anymore, like I’ve seen debated on here, then why take UCLA? Like CU, they haven’t been relevant on the national stage in decades. Nobody goes to their games. It’s because it gives fox the entire LA market. I’m not sure when the next batch of growth happens, but I think cu will be a part of it. That’s my line of thinking anyway.

Back