What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I could be wrong but it looks like WSU is projecting $35.5M in tv rights (excluding post-season revenue) in 2027.

Reactions: KCM

New BOR meeting just posted for Friday.
I dont see that it's private. Hmmm?

If not private then this is just like what happened when CU went to the PAC.

I could be wrong but it looks like WSU is projecting $35.5M in tv rights (excluding post-season revenue) in 2027.

Big 12 will hit $50M per school first and they just paid over $44M to each school. That is $7M more than the P12 per team. The CFP is going to pay good money but assuming they work like the NCAA tourney, that still doesn’t bode well for the P12 given how often they made the BCS CG & CFP. The Big 12 probably makes more with basketball than the P12 and that explains the basketball expansion rumors.

Back to that $7M difference, that probably needs to be halved to keep CU in the conference. Losing UCLA, USC, and potentially Arizona isn’t going to be good for the bottom line when it comes to basketball in the P12 even if they add SDSU.

?
Several of those links aren't showing any meetings this week. What's your point?

The best part of this thread are the posts where people like to make up fantasy conferences and fantasy divisions.

Its at this point that Ill suggest a hobby you can control versus one you cant.
Season 19 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

Given real life, anonymous blog posting is extremely lame, yet here we are.

Realignment is a fascinating topic for people who enjoy it. It’s similar to recruiting or NFL fans nerding out on the draft. People like talking about different scenarios, none of which we can control, including the outcomes of actual games during the season.
“nerding out on the draft” is an excellent phrase.

Are they sort of like the people who complain about how god awful the 24/7 posters are, yet continue to engage with them on a daily basis?

You’re our Maximus!
I point out the awful takes some of them have, but my engagement in their debates are usually substantive and not solely to tell them the topic they are discussing is lame.

Also, Maximus is widely revered and respected over there, so I know you don’t mean that!

Most important post in this entire thread.

Yes because the P12 is finalizing the media rights deal and that is the point where all of those rumors are saying that is when CU will leave the P12. Seems like this Friday's BOR meeting will be when that happens.

Big 12 will hit $50M per school first and they just paid over $44M to each school. That is $7M more than the P12 per team. The CFP is going to pay good money but assuming they work like the NCAA tourney, that still doesn’t bode well for the P12 given how often they made the BCS CG & CFP. The Big 12 probably makes more with basketball than the P12 and that explains the basketball expansion rumors.

Back to that $7M difference, that probably needs to be halved to keep CU in the conference. Losing UCLA, USC, and potentially Arizona isn’t going to be good for the bottom line when it comes to basketball in the P12 even if they add SDSU.
You’re going to have to produce a year-by-year projected distribution of media rights and post-season revenue for the B12 to back that up. Do you have that?

You’re going to have to produce a year-by-year projected distribution of media rights and post-season revenue for the B12 to back that up. Do you have that?

Nope don't have to do that because yearly increases with such media rights deals are standard practice. It's also easy to see that the B12 is usually outperforming the P12 when it comes to the postseason in general which means the B12 payouts are going to be better than the P12's overall. Even a blind squirrel knows that the B12 is more passionate about athletics than the P12 and it certainly shows in those postseason payouts.

You should be aware that WSU is one of those schools that will be left out of the top tier of college athletics when the music stops and they are doing everything in their power to show that the P12 could be viable. They are grasping at straws just like you in this thread.

Nope don't have to do that because yearly increases with such media rights deals are standard practice. It's also easy to see that the B12 is usually outperforming the P12 when it comes to the postseason in general which means the B12 payouts are going to be better than the P12's overall. Even a blind squirrel knows that the B12 is more passionate about athletics than the P12 and it certainly shows in those postseason payouts.

You should be aware that WSU is one of those schools that will be left out of the top tier of college athletics when the music stops and they are doing everything in their power to show that the P12 could be viable. They are grasping at straws just like you in this thread.
3-5 percent increases are typical for tv deals with these leagues.

In the O'Bannon case they released the Pac 12's pay schedule with FOX & ESPN that had a 5.1% annual escalating rate.

The LHN deal got FOIA'd and had 3% annually.

I think you are reading way too much into it. They had to show that much revenue otherwise they are going to show continuing lost of money in future years they lost $9 Million and the faculty signing a petition to cut the athletic budget. They are trying to sell this is a short term problem.

Got it. That’s what I thought. 😂 The difference is I’m not claiming to be right but I’m applying a calculation based on a published forecast and known distributions. OTOH you’re talking out of your a** propping up the B12. There’s a difference. I need to see the math. The standard is the standard.

Back