What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Was pleasantly surprised to see one of the regents is a Gaucho. My daughter just graduated from UCSB. What an incredible place. Sorry for the completely irrelevant post. Yeah, **** Buc-ees.

Californians being experts on gas stations?

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

It's 113.8 miles from Cawker City, KS to Manhattan, KS. Not every day you can see a GIANT ball of twine. Tourist attractions in Kansas are few & far between, though I'm sure the people there are very nice.

Ice Cream Cone GIF by Dairy Queen
Have you never seen the worlds largest ground hog? You really must, and will have the opportunity on the road trip to KU, KSU and OSU

Yeah but can you fathom the horror a couple hundred to few thousand Californians will undergo now that their precious road trips to Corvallis, Tucson, and Pullman are gone?

That should outweigh that measly list you posted
We are really living rent free in your head. You are obsessed and it's HILARIOUS.

😘

Leadership was atrocious - but I do wonder if this was inevitable due to the time zone disadvantage of the PAC. The PAC was never going to receive the same amount of money as its eastern counterparts. When that happens, doesn't it become inevitable that PAC institutions will look to join other conferences?
This is pure mismanagement over the past decade. B1G/Fox model is eyeballs and advertising, similar to NFL model. We could have used bigger market, bigger brands, to our advantage but we frittered that away on a streaming model that ESPN is pursuing. There are 70 million people in the P12 footprint, don’t tell me that advertisers would prefer to lock down the Alabama market rather than SoCal. I’m happy that the buffs found a lifeboat but.**** what could have been

The conference that:

- commanded the largest media contract in college sports after expanding to 12
- refused to sell a percentage of its network to a media giant like the B1G did to drive distribution, avoid all of those infrastructure costs, and draw almost pure profit with little expense against it
- located its production studios in the Bay Area despite literally having Hollywood in your conference (or as an alternative, in Las Vegas which is low cost, in the geographic center of the conference, and is residence for many of the top event & showbiz people on the planet)
- located its corporate office in the financial district of San Francisco, one of the most outrageously expensive real estate & labor markets in the country
- located its football championship game in San Francisco with disastrous attendance which embarrassed the conference (later moved to Las Vegas, thankfully)
- refused to consider unequal revenue based on performance (like being picked up for national broadcasts or your regional PACN outperforming others) - which killed UT negotiations since the conference wouldn't give them extra for LHN among other things
- unbalanced the schedules by initially treating the CA schools differently by having them all play each other every year... but we're too dumb to promote other rivalries which could have been done from the start with 3 regional pods & a championship game of the 2 highest finishers overall at the end instead of divisions
- wasted tremendous resources and squandered current opportunities by pursuing Asian markets including conference games in Australia and China and by focusing on tech companies for media deals long before they were ready to enter the sports business
- moved to a 9-game schedule with FCS opponents vigorously discouraged, which resulted in 54 extra losses from conference games each year along with a higher probability of non-conference losses with most members ending up with at least 1 additional FBS opponent per year
- voted against extending an invitation to OU and OSU because while each were R1 neither was AAU and they would have reduced academic prestige of the conference
- voted against moving on Big 12 and G5 targets when the Big 12 was completely destabilized (I have no doubt that at that time it could have become a Pac-16 through UH, TCU, OSU and KU)
- never was able to negotiate a "Conference Challenge" in hoops with any other Power 6 conference
- allowed a corrupt Commissioner organization which manipulated referees, grifted from the conference, and stole from cable partners
- likely voted against adding SDSU and SMU after media companies said they saw value in making DFW and SoCal part of the footprint
- failed the PR and branding side of things so badly that the conference was a national punchline despite having CFB media allies in Klatt and Fowler from CU alone

Wilner was a cheerleader and water carrier for all of this.
You forgot about the SWAC challenge LOL.

I'm not going to miss him-**** Bailer but 365 Sports is a lot better than the **** that he and Kliavkoff's other butt boy Canzano put out there.

Yormack is cooking
No doubt his top choices are Oregon Washington and Arizona, the remaining highest valued pieces in the league
I know people do not like the term Travel Partners, but those 3 along with us make it a pretty decent league.
Imagine if the Pac 12 had hired a guy like him. He gets it in a way Scott, Kliavkoff, and Beebe did not.

I have followed this stuff for way too long.
1. SDSU isn't an option.
2. Cal has NEVER been an option.
3. The attitude is to get AZ and wait and see if UO and UW want in. If they feel they don't have a shot to get into the B1G anytime soon they might do better in the B12. Rumor are UO/UW have previously met with Yormark and are doing so TONIGHT (could be BS) UO had or is having a last minute board meeting today.
4. UU has burned a lot of bridges with the B12 leaders so they really are odd man out.
5. Maybe posturing but some have leaked max 3 more teams and stop at 16. Again could be posturing for scarcity.
6. Yormark is a NE sort of guy and he wants UConn and ESPN wants them in too as their hometownish team and the NYC market (though i don't see it much) The Conf Pres will have to be convinced and that will only come with a hard odd number.
7. Most have been very happy Texas is gone while considering OU as a big fat traitor. We are hoping they have a similar trajectory as Nebraska (and, sorry, you) after they leave.
8. Most everyone is glad you are back but the "truckstop" and "12anon" bull**** pisses a lot of people off.
9. You are tops academically the second you are in unless UW joins.
10. It feels like Yormark is actually DOING something where past B12 commissioners sat on their asses. The Rucker park B12 bball clinic last week, some crap in Mexico etc etc At least he is trying things even if they end up being fluff.

I think the next couple years of the new 4, the old 1 and whoever else is added should be a blast. Too bad you weren't here THIS year to send UT and OU out with L's.

You forgot about the SWAC challenge LOL.

I'm not going to miss him-**** Bailer but 365 Sports is a lot better than the **** that he and Kliavkoff's other butt boy Canzano put out there.
365 Sports actually gets really good interviews on their daily Podcast.

Imagine if the Pac 12 had hired a guy like him. He gets it in a way Scott, Kliavkoff, and Beebe did not.
The Commissioner can only do what the members approve.

In the Pac-12, that meant 10 votes on business issues from government entities overseen by politicians and managed by professors with the other 2 from private entities that experience the world as West Coast Ivies so think a business deal happens because others approach you with a bunch of money to get your name associated with the project.

So there was never a real world business sense, to the point where they saw the conference network as primarily a vehicle to televise all Pac-12 sports to celebrate its gender diversity and Olympic athletics excellence rather than featuring football to draw ratings and make money.

CU will be blamed for the collapse, but really USC and UCLA, and the inability to secure a TV deal or relevance were the issues. Bummed for the Pac. I loved that conference.

All true, but at the same time: I thought I would be bummed ot be a fan of a program who killed a conference (or at least played a major part in doing so). But this is ****ING AWESOME. **** EVERYONE WHO ISNT US.

OH **** YES WE’RE BACK, BAYLOR.

When we left, y’all had 0 B12 titles, 0 heisman trophies, and 0 nattys in any sport that matters. DADDYS HOME AND IT IS ABOUT TIME TO RESTORE SOME MOTHER ****ING ORDER

I have followed this stuff for way too long.
1. SDSU isn't an option.
2. Cal has NEVER been an option.
3. The attitude is to get AZ and wait and see if UO and UW want in. If they feel they don't have a shot to get into the B1G anytime soon they might do better in the B12. Rumor are UO/UW have previously met with Yormark and are doing so TONIGHT (could be BS) UO had or is having a last minute board meeting today.
4. UU has burned a lot of bridges with the B12 leaders so they really are odd man out.
5. Maybe posturing but some have leaked max 3 more teams and stop at 16. Again could be posturing for scarcity.
6. Yormark is a NE sort of guy and he wants UConn and ESPN wants them in too as their hometownish team and the NYC market (though i don't see it much) The Conf Pres will have to be convinced and that will only come with a hard odd number.
7. Most have been very happy Texas is gone while considering OU as a big fat traitor. We are hoping they have a similar trajectory as Nebraska (and, sorry, you) after they leave.
8. Most everyone is glad you are back but the "truckstop" and "12anon" bull**** pisses a lot of people off.
9. You are tops academically the second you are in unless UW joins.
10. It feels like Yormark is actually DOING something where past B12 commissioners sat on their asses. The Rucker park B12 bball clinic last week, some crap in Mexico etc etc At least he is trying things even if they end up being fluff.

I think the next couple years of the new 4, the old 1 and whoever else is added should be a blast. Too bad you weren't here THIS year to send UT and OU out with L's.
Number 8 warms my heart. Since you are the official translator from the mountain elite people to the rednecks on the plains, please tell them "kiss my ass, Q-Anon mother****ers." Thanks in advance! You're doing great work!

Also, could we get a pinot grigio up in here? And maybe some gluten free crackers?

The Commissioner can only do what the members approve.

In the Pac-12, that meant 10 votes on business issues from government entities overseen by politicians and managed by professors with the other 2 from private entities that experience the world as West Coast Ivies so think a business deal happens because others approach you with a bunch of money to get your name associated with the project.

So there was never a real world business sense, to the point where they saw the conference network as primarily a vehicle to televise all Pac-12 sports to celebrate its gender diversity and Olympic athletics excellence rather than featuring football to draw ratings and make money.
Based on RGs comments were we one of the no votes for an Apple deal that was streaming? Did we hold this up for several months because we demanded linear? What If the money was greater for that then what the B12 is giving us?

It sure would be nice if more details came out.

Last edited:
Back