What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU housing expansion plans will close the Dark Horse

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.01.04 PM.png

Looks like only the McDonald's and that newer strip of restaurants/ stores would survive. Carelli's, Cosmo's, Sprouts, etc. all gone along with Dark Horse.

This really impacts basketball season, but it also takes out the closest thing Boulder currently has to a sports bar. Fvck!

Not Going To Happen No Way GIF by All Creatures Great And Small

The McDonalds is in the middle of a complete renovation. Basically tore it down and are rebuilding it. it would be the most Boulder thing ever to tear down the Dark Horse.

Mother F.

What good is all this new housing if it's replacing decent places where one can gather and hang out. Every place somewhat chill is getting run out.

They need to blow up office buildings and make housing, which also helps reduce the huge commuter imbalance.

Plans show taking down a sprouts, cosmos, and carellis too it appears. Who owns that land now? It doesn't look like it's actually CU developing it as the drawing has commercial, hotel, and residential buildings in addition to student housing. Who gets the sweet mcdonald's drive through view out of their $2500 apatrment?

Last edited:
Leaving the McDonald's and taking down the Horse is some next level bulljoke
Even worse if I'm not mistaken that McDonalds is owned by Boselli, they own most of the McDonalds in the north suburban area and up.

The owner is also the Father of Tony Boselli who he allowed to go to U$C instead of finding glory as a Buff.

I missed that Carellis will be gone as well. This bulljunk is getting worse

Magic The Gathering Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

a dark horse story not rated "adult only"... i had friends that worked the bar back when i was at CU. one of them gave me a business card that basically said i was entitled to 19 cent well drinks for life ... no expiration, no time or day limits. a couple decades after graduation i took it in to the horse and presented it to the bartender. he looked at it carefully and called up a manager who looked at it closely and validated its authenticity. they said they would not honor it but that i could either put my entire tab this one time on the discount and then they'd keep the card or i could keep the card as a souvenir if i promised to never bring it in again. i chose the latter. if i can find it, i will post a pic. it is in a box somewhere of other treasured Buff stuff like the Denver Post National Championship front page and so forth.

which of you will volunteer to glue yourselves to the bar in peaceful protest?

i kid. i kid.

i do not believe the universe will take the horse from us at the same time we are ascending to glory. that would be cosmically wrong.
There have been sit-ins, smoke-ins, sing-ins, etc.

How about a drink-in.

Fill up a part of the bar and stay drunk until they agree to a solution.

Some of us have practiced for it without the demands.

which of you will volunteer to glue yourselves to the bar in peaceful protest?

i kid. i kid.

i do not believe the universe will take the horse from us at the same time we are ascending to glory. that would be cosmically wrong.
Or it could be a penance for our success. A balancing of the ledger, so to speak. In order for us to have nice things, we must give up nice things.
sucks stan marsh GIF by South Park

a dark horse story not rated "adult only"... i had friends that worked the bar back when i was at CU. one of them gave me a business card that basically said i was entitled to 19 cent well drinks for life ... no expiration, no time or day limits. a couple decades after graduation i took it in to the horse and presented it to the bartender. he looked at it carefully and called up a manager who looked at it closely and validated its authenticity. they said they would not honor it but that i could either put my entire tab this one time on the discount and then they'd keep the card or i could keep the card as a souvenir if i promised to never bring it in again. i chose the latter. if i can find it, i will post a pic. it is in a box somewhere of other treasured Buff stuff like the Denver Post National Championship front page and so forth.
You really got out negotiated there

Back