What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU housing expansion plans will close the Dark Horse

no way!

hokie version of liver: I DEMAND YOU HONOR THIS 20 YEAR OLD PIECE OF CARDBOARD OR I WILL SUE YOU.

actual liver version of liver: cool, man. i am not trying to bk anyone. this is my fav bar.

i also tip excessively and am polite to douche bags (usually).
Yeah. The only thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around with that story is that you were willing to drink well booze at any price.

Just so it’s clear, this isn’t CU. It’s a proposal for student housing by the landowner and a developer. The landowner, the Williams family, donated the land under Willville to CU years ago. They retained the land just to the west where the Dark Horse and everything else is.
The Williams family is… uh… interesting.

ETA this is just the first step in what will likely be a very long and protracted conversation between the various parties. If it gets approved I’d expect it would take many years before shovels are in the ground.

Time for the DNVR Bar Boulder. Or would it be The BLDR Bar? @RK 😜
I have totally thought about the BLDR and it makes me laugh that there might be an attorney that has been submitting hundreds of trademarks for every city on earth. I would live by the LKWD bar.

Yeah. The only thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around with that story is that you were willing to drink well booze at any price.
I was once a poor college kid. But yeah well bourbon is pretty much undrinkable.

I just wanted to see what they would say when presented with a very poorly drafted offer.

🥃

When I was in school I worked for an architecture firm and our accountant was one of the owners of the dark horse. Nearly every week she brought me dark horse dollars and so at least one night a week my roommates and I would eat and drink big for free.

They also took over the beer carts at the flatirons golf course and staffed them with nuggets cheerleaders in the off season. I spent a fair amount of time at both places.

I worked at both M&M Sinclair and Baseline Chevron for most of the years I was at CU which were the gas stations in front of the Darkhorse. Classes during the day, work from 4pm-9pm, Darkhorse until closing. Lather, rinse, repeat. Hot shots were the poison of choice. I may have even been corrupted by a 7-11 worker that was in between both gas stations. I may of also had a drinking issue, but it was never a problem.

No to stopping Burger Madness! No to developers!

Last edited:
I had forgotten that Liver was into man purses before HCDS made them cool.

Just so it’s clear, this isn’t CU. It’s a proposal for student housing by the landowner and a developer. The landowner, the Williams family, donated the land under Willville to CU years ago. They retained the land just to the west where the Dark Horse and everything else is.
The Williams family is… uh… interesting.

ETA this is just the first step in what will likely be a very long and protracted conversation between the various parties. If it gets approved I’d expect it would take many years before shovels are in the ground.
Correct. All of these buildings have been on a long term land lease for forever. That whole center has been in need of some “help” for some time, and this has only become more of an issue as The Broker has turned into a real ****hole. Disappointed with the Horse being torn down, but this is where the developer likely just DGAF, and pencils out the biggest bang for the buck on paper…..then will promise to preserve some sterilized space for Carellis and The Horse in a mixed use portion of the project, and in the hopes of keeping people from getting pissed off (which won’t work and will never actually come to fruition).

I said this on twitter, but I swear there's movement every 10 years or so that something's gonna try to take down the Horse, and it seems to fail every time. (Last time I think the Broker was trying to expand)

That being said, if this gains real traction, I will chain myself to the building.

I said this on twitter, but I swear there's movement every 10 years or so that something's gonna try to take down the Horse, and it seems to fail every time. (Last time I think the Broker was trying to expand)

That being said, if this gains real traction, I will chain myself to the building.
Then your name will be prophetic!

I was once a poor college kid. But yeah well bourbon is pretty much undrinkable.

I just wanted to see what they would say when presented with a very poorly drafted offer.

🥃
Undrinkable, but boy does it make that old table shine like new! Next, on “this old house.”

When I was in school I worked for an architecture firm and our accountant was one of the owners of the dark horse. Nearly every week she brought me dark horse dollars and so at least one night a week my roommates and I would eat and drink big for free.

They also took over the beer carts at the flatirons golf course and staffed them with nuggets cheerleaders in the off season. I spent a fair amount of time at both places.

So did you hook up with the accountant or not?

Boulder is ruined

Mad The Rock GIF

Back