What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU housing expansion plans will close the Dark Horse

Who would have thought Blake Street Tavern and the Dark Horse would be gone.

CU viewing will never be the same

Boulder for over a decade has been trending in the direction of eliminating low-value and poor-density land use. In a city with little room to expand and restrictive open space practices, there is little reason to let such a large parcel of land be wasted on a strip mall and a ratty motel. Boulder isn't a college town anymore rather it is an upper-middle-class tech hub that happens to have a university.

That article was firewalled, but before it went up I thought Dave (the owner) said relocation was inevitable anyway. Did I catch that right? I don't think there was speculation on a new location.

That article was firewalled, but before it went up I thought Dave (the owner) said relocation was inevitable anyway. Did I catch that right? I don't think there was speculation on a new location.
I couldn’t read it but I thought I saw a snippet saying the building was in disrepair

Abo’s still exists. Yellow sub is run by cultists. Do you even Boulder?

Most of the lists proffered in various posts indicate a mean age well above 35.
Which cult runs Yello Sub?

I was gonna add Tr Ling's but they relocated, rather than closing down.

What about the New York Deli on the pearl Street Mall? I still remember that awful jingle: We're the New York Deli on the Pearl Street Mall, we're the New York Deli and we got it all...

Which cult runs Yello Sub?

I was gonna add Tr Ling's but they relocated, rather than closing down.

What about the New York Deli on the pearl Street Mall? I still remember that awful jingle: We're the New York Deli on the Pearl Street Mall, we're the New York Deli and we got it all...

Pretty sure he means Yellow Deli, and it is run by Twelve Tribes

Hopefully we can get a yoga studio and a bicycle shop. Boulder is sorely lacking in these areas.
Maybe we can get some more shops like they have on Pearl St - the ones that normal adult humans can't afford to walk in to, nor would they buy any of that ****ing crap if they could.

Maybe we can get some more shops like they have on Pearl St - the ones that normal adult humans can't afford to walk in to, nor would they buy any of that ****ing crap if they could.
Women's boutique clothing stores which are a hobby for wealthy women who want to own a business need to dominate every retail area of town. My wife being able to see a $400 pair of shoes that are super cute, not stocked in her size and which she has no intention of actually purchasing is the cornerstone of the community.

Women's boutique clothing stores which are a hobby for wealthy women who want to own a business need to dominate every retail area of town. My wife being able to see a $400 pair of shoes that are super cute, not stocked in her size and which she has no intention of actually purchasing is the cornerstone of the community.
Can we at least add in a few more candle shops and maybe a cologne store?

Can we at least add in a few more candle shops and maybe a cologne store?
Only if said candles are sustainably sourced from fair wage female workers in impoverished nations so that I can feel smugly validated for spending $100 on a stinky candle which is for decor only (and to impress visitors to my home by never lighting it and leaving the hang tag on so that they can read the story while they try to figure out what they are actually supposed to use when washing and drying their hands in our powder room amidst our decorative towels and soaps). They also make wonderful gifts.

Back