What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU housing expansion plans will close the Dark Horse

If you ask me, the City should acquire the Hooters, Ralphies, Harpo location, and let the Dark Horse buy it on the cheap, to raise it and rebuild with some good incentives. Of course they won't do that b/c the City would have to build a parking structure for the DH. What a cluster. All the iconic places are going away. Let's hope the Sink stays. It is nice to see the University Hill Neighborhood Association is starting to get the Heisman by the City. Maybe more places pop up there too!
The city or any government entity should stay out of the real estate business period!

The city or any government entity should stay out of the real estate business period!
Is that a blanket statement? Because I enjoy having public lands and green belts. I also see the need for public/ government buildings and schools/ universities/ fire/ police. I don't see how we have those things without government entities being in real estate. But I think we're in agreement if you were only responding to the idea of governments buying and leasing commercial real estate.

Is that a blanket statement? Because I enjoy having public lands and green belts. I also see the need for public/ government buildings and schools/ universities/ fire/ police. I don't see how we have those things without government entities being in real estate. But I think we're in agreement if you were only responding to the idea of governments buying and leasing commercial real estate.
Here we goooo

What's the redevelopment plan for that hotel on the 28th street ramp off of Baseline?

the site owners are correct i would think in their contention that the current dh building would never meet code. that has probably been true for decades and decades.

this relocation idea is fine, i suppose, but you seriously cannot relocate the years and years and years of accumulated karma created by generations of folks passing through there.

the "new" dark horse will have a hard time vibing like that. but it is better than no dark horse at all.

Back