What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU outgained ****braska buy nearly 200yds,,,

The better team won, but not the team that deserved to win. Another tough one to swallow. I have seen a lot of these close calls against Nebraska that just makes my blood boil worse each time.

How did cu deserve to win?

By playing good football, putting over 400 yards of offense on NU's defense, and playign hard. CU showed it wanted it more, but shot themselves in the foot, mainly with special teams. It's been a problem of ours all season. Almost the entire game I felt CU was outplaying Nerbaska. Nebraska is the better team, CU just looked like they were playing better than NU IMO.

By playing good football, putting over 400 yards of offense on NU's defense, and playign hard. CU showed it wanted it more, but shot themselves in the foot, mainly with special teams. It's been a problem of ours all season. Almost the entire game I felt CU was outplaying Nerbaska. Nebraska is the better team, CU just looked like they were playing better than NU IMO.
That's good football?

I wouldnt go as far to say we deserved to win. Could we have won, Id say no doubt. Unless you have talent across the board, you cannot win games doing what we did yesterday. Pick six, punt return for six, missed fg's, and usually starting inside our own 10. You will lose 99 outta 100 if that happens.

The other 3 quarters dont matter if you dont score and I think special teams played a role in the 3rd did it not? Fact is, we gave up a punt return for 6. Got the ball in ****ty field position again, punted and they got another short field. Well they scored again, 14-0 right there, sure you wanna continue with this argument? For Buffalochuck btw, hit the quote button but didnt come up for some reason?

Disagree. We win the special teams battle put you in poor field position for the first quarter. The CU off game plan was roll Hansen out of the pocket and have him literally run backwards to allow rec to run and get free. Never seen such a pussy like game plan.

If CU wanted it more you wouldn't self destruct in the red zone. We owned the trenches when it mattered and we dictated the game. You won the big gains, including, meaningless last play. We played poorly, based on our potential, and still won comfortably.

Disagree. We win the special teams battle put you in poor field position for the first quarter. The CU off game plan was roll Hansen out of the pocket and have him literally run backwards to allow rec to run and get free. Never seen such a pussy like game plan.

If CU wanted it more you wouldn't self destruct in the red zone. We owned the trenches when it mattered and we dictated the game. You won the big gains, including, meaningless last play. We played poorly, based on our potential, and still won comfortably.

A pussy like game plan? Look on your own sideline.

Someone is bitter that their top 10 defense just got torched for 400 yards and recorded 0 sacks against a 3-9 team.

A pussy like game plan? Look on your own sideline.

Someone is bitter that their top 10 defense just got torched for 400 yards and recorded 0 sacks against a 3-9 team.

If I didn't know better I would bet Hansen is French based on much he retreated the minute he took the snap. He looked like a panzy. I only care about the W. It was a little disheartening to see 400 yds, but it was cu v. NU.

If I didn't know better I would bet Hansen is French based on much he retreated the minute he took the snap. He looked like a panzy. I only care about the W. It was a little disheartening to see 400 yds, but it was cu v. NU.

Yep, you won. But, I'll take a "pussy" game plan that racks up 400 yards on top 10 defenses all season. And Hansen didn't look very "French" when he spun off Suh causing him to fall on his face.

Too bad we don't have a coach that can sure things up like penalties, special teams and turnovers. We are much more talented then our record shows. Just very poorly coached..

You're an idiot.

Yep, you won. But, I'll take a "pussy" game plan that racks up 400 yards on top 10 defenses all season. And Hansen didn't look very "French" when he spun off Suh causing him to fall on his face.

Too bad we don't have a coach that can sure things up like penalties, special teams and turnovers. We are much more talented then our record shows. Just very poorly coached..

That was hilarious, all the buffs fans in my section were going, "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.":lol:

That was kinda the point. The game plan was ****ty.
Thank your lucky stars that you won yesterday and leave it be. Henery or whatever the **** his name is was your mvp in my eyes. You couldve easily lost and you know it. I figure that is why we havent heard a bunch of Husker **** talk, yall know damn well it wasnt what u thought it would be.

Luke, I got your replies, yes, all well-argued and appreciated. "Could have won" seems an often-valid point in many of Hawkins' games. So is "could have lost" in each of the 3 wins.

I end up offsetting the "a few plays" with "the many other plays" in all of these debates. One block being made better. A step over a falling tackle. A throw in-step instead of low and behind. Things like that.

One complaint I had against Hansen's performance was that he was throwing passes at shoulder-level sometimes, as if no D-Line existed. I hadn't seen him suffer from this poor decision so often before. I'll watch to see if he improves that - sometimes he needs to pump it, get the linemen up in the air, then throw it before they can get back up again.

He continued his too-slow decisions once he was out of the pocket sometimes, and suffered in the First Half with a couple of caught-from-behind 'sacks'. He did readjust his speed in the 2nd Half, though.

Thank your lucky stars that you won yesterday and leave it be. Henery or whatever the **** his name is was your mvp in my eyes. You couldve easily lost and you know it. I figure that is why we havent heard a bunch of Husker **** talk, yall know damn well it wasnt what u thought it would be.

NU was not lucky to win. They were the better team, despite total yards or despite the last drive when the game was over.

We never lead the game. We never brought it to under a 7 point lead after the first TD for the fuskers.

NU was not lucky to win. They were the better team, despite total yards or despite the last drive when the game was over.

We never lead the game. We never brought it to under a 7 point lead after the first TD for the fuskers.

Colorado outplayed Nebraska and really should have won, bad special teams play and bad coaching is what lost it.

Colorado outplayed Nebraska and really should have won, bad special teams play and bad coaching is what lost it.

I hate the statement "should have one". It is a huge pet peeve of mine--it drives me ****ing nuts. There's a system in place to deternmine who should have won. It's the score.

Barring some extraordinary injustice (which was absent in yesterday's contest) there is no "should" have won, in my opinion.

No, CU should not have won, yesterday. The score proves that.

CU could have won. And I agree with Leash that special teams and bad coaching (emerging in the form of poor discipline) lost this game for us. but there's no "should" about it.

Luke, I got your replies, yes, all well-argued and appreciated. "Could have won" seems an often-valid point in many of Hawkins' games. So is "could have lost" in each of the 3 wins.

I end up offsetting the "a few plays" with "the many other plays" in all of these debates. One block being made better. A step over a falling tackle. A throw in-step instead of low and behind. Things like that.

One complaint I had against Hansen's performance was that he was throwing passes at shoulder-level sometimes, as if no D-Line existed. I hadn't seen him suffer from this poor decision so often before. I'll watch to see if he improves that - sometimes he needs to pump it, get the linemen up in the air, then throw it before they can get back up again.

He continued his too-slow decisions once he was out of the pocket sometimes, and suffered in the First Half with a couple of caught-from-behind 'sacks'. He did readjust his speed in the 2nd Half, though.
No **** ur telling me? I hardly back Hawk coulda, woulda, shoulda mean **** to me. Have you ever seen Hansen do anything but run for his life? Pump fakes arent a good idea with our oline, especially with Suh on the other side. Nebraska was the better team, yes, they werent entitled to win that game. It was right there for CU, they didnt take it, why? They dont know how to.

I hate the statement "should have one". It is a huge pet peeve of mine--it drives me ****ing nuts. There's a system in place to deternmine who should have won. It's the score.

Barring some extraordinary injustice (which was absent in yesterday's contest) there is no "should" have won, in my opinion.

No, CU should not have won, yesterday. The score proves that.

CU could have won. And I agree with Leash that special teams and bad coaching (emerging in the form of poor discipline) lost this game for us. but there's no "should" about it.

You seem to have many pet peeves with words. :smile2:

the better team won. no ****ing excuses.

teams that cannot manage the clock and that continually fail on special teams in a varied number of epic ways and that get flagged at nearly historic levels and that do all the other "little" things wrong are ****ing destined to fail.

the fuskers are better coached. they won.

if CU had the pelini bros. and shortbus shawn watson running things instead of these clowns, the Buffs would have won the north.

CU has some serious talent at a number of positions. what we need now is for a lightbulb to flash or something so that this staff suddenly and miraculously learns how to coach. all we can do is hope, given that these guys are back for another year. yay us.

Luke, your "They don't know how to" - exactly.

Boy, aren't ya glad, however, that Coach Da-yan DOES know he had a terrible team to begin with, the program was horrible, etc, and HE is the savior of all footballkind?!!

Yeah. Right.

And now, everyone's told "He has one more year." Yeah, like that is REALLY doing to light fires under the GOOD recruits. Frankly, I'm concerned about any recruit's personal initiatives and motivations when he comes into this program next year.

I can't imagine a weightier anvil to strap around some coach's neck than by saying, "We finally decided he'll be our coach one more year."

I can't see how we should have won the game when we didn't lead it ever. We should have won vs OSU, but I don't think this game was nearly the same as that one.

Back