What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU players in the NFL

I genuinely didn't know the XFL was still a thing.

I guess the Legends Football League didn't survive COVID? My bad for never making it to Loveland for a game.

Montez was one of 15 QBs assigned to XFL teams yesterday - he’ll be competing with Ben DiNucci (Pitt/James Madison) for the starting QB job with the Seattle Sea Dragons.

Hope the best for him, good 👍. Remember at least one thing, know where the ****ing first down marker is.

Most consecutive games played - has someone played more games for Green Bay non-consecutively?
good catch. to your question -- I don't think so. I believe Favre's 255 games is the most by any GB player.

Some good pizza in Detroit.

He had been getting a TON of practice in the NFL.
Montez clearly had some issues while at CU with dedication and focus on football.

It is also clear from the number of NFL teams that have been willing to sign him and put him on their practice squad that he has NFL physical talent.

What could he have been had he gotten competent coaching while at Colorado by a coaching staff that could demand his attention and teach him how to handle the mental aspect of the game.

He still may have never "gotten" it but he didn't get the kind of coaching he needed and by the time you are in the league it's too late.

Montez clearly had some issues while at CU with dedication and focus on football.

It is also clear from the number of NFL teams that have been willing to sign him and put him on their practice squad that he has NFL physical talent.

What could he have been had he gotten competent coaching while at Colorado by a coaching staff that could demand his attention and teach him how to handle the mental aspect of the game.

He still may have never "gotten" it but he didn't get the kind of coaching he needed and by the time you are in the league it's too late.

It wasn't the coaching.

It wasn't the coaching.
It was 100% on him.

I'm just wondering with his talents if the right coach couldn't have gotten through to him and inspired a change.

Probably not but who knows. He is far from the only guy who's head kept him from being successful in the league.

Not sure how many more seasons Mason will go. He is currently 12th in career scoring. With another season he could easily get to around 7th. Robbie Gould is the only active kicker ahead of him.

Last edited:
Not sure how many more seasons Mason will go. He is currently 12th in career scoring. With another season he could easily get to around 7th. Robbie Gould is the only active kicker ahead of him.
Could see he, Rodgers, and Bak all retiring at the same time.

Back